Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 105 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #1041
meesterlike24
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100589
What I Drive: 2012 grey Focus

FF Reputation: 1 meesterlike24 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus transmission=junk!

I purchased my 2012 focus last september. I bought it as a demo with 4000 miles on it. I have not had any issues with the transmission until a few months ago. Car now has 16,000miles on it. I took it to the dealer and both times, they said it operates as design but.........they re=programmed the transmission control module twice to correct the condition. Does that make sense?? How do you fix a problem you say is not even there ford? Btw, my tranyy shakes so bad even after repairs mind you, it shook the center console lid loose. Junk!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #1042
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Seems to me that those having the major trans problems purchased their vehicles prior to 2012. Perhaps Ford discovered a flaw in the design and fixed it on vehicles delivered in 2012.
Just a thought.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #1043
pantograph3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100435
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 pantograph3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
Seems to me that those having the major trans problems purchased their vehicles prior to 2012. Perhaps Ford discovered a flaw in the design and fixed it on vehicles delivered in 2012.
Just a thought.
Could be true. I purchased mine in May 2011.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #1044
ACSKURT
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100399
What I Drive: 2012 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ACSKURT Good Standing Member
Nope. Bought mine April of 2012, and have heard from others buying 2012 with exact same problems.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #1045
ACSKURT
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100399
What I Drive: 2012 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ACSKURT Good Standing Member
Just got a phone call from "Steve" at Ford Customer Service. Her'e's how it all went.

Lake City Ford in Coeur d'Alene, after hearing all my concerns about this Focus almost getting me killed, told me to contact Ford and they would help me.

Steve (from Ford), told me to get hold of my dealer and they would help me.

Can you hear that can getting kicked down the road? I hear it clearly.

Idaho Lemon Law, YouTube and my radio show will soon have all this data.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #1046
meesterlike24
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100589
What I Drive: 2012 grey Focus

FF Reputation: 1 meesterlike24 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Just a thought.
Whatever the case may be, the bottom line is there are alot of complaints from people on this website and Ford is well aware of the situation, but nothing is being done about it, from the dealers to the manufacturer. I think everyone here is experiencing the same or has experienced the same conditions from the transmission. There is an obvious problem with the transmission and Ford needs to step up and make it right. They cant expect people to be ok with spending $25,000 on a FOCUS, and deal with a transmission that acts the way it does. What is gonna take? Having someones Transmission act up and it causes a deadly accident? Cause mine almost did. Step up!!!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #1047
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

Points 2,425, Level 29
Points: 2,425, Level: 29 Points: 2,425, Level: 29 Points: 2,425, Level: 29
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Not meaning to ask a stupid question, but I've been down this road before with a Nissan and a Mazda dealership being COMPLETELY unaware of a TSB until I printed it out and put it in their faces.

Is your dealership aware of the TSB Ford issued to fix out-of-balance clutch assemblies? That sounds to me like it's the problem you have if your transmission is shaking the car.

Bulletin Number: CSP-11B31
Sequence Number: 10043326
Date: 20120113
Component Name: 101000 POWER TRAIN:CLUTCH ASSEMBLY
Make: FORD
Model: FOCUS
Year: 2012
Summary:
FORD: SEE DOCUMENT SEARCH BUTTON FOR OWNER LETTER. CERTAIN MODEL YEAR VEHICLES HAVE AN IMPROPERLY BALANCED CLUTCH ASSEMBLY. THIS WILL CAUSE A VIBRATION FELT THROUGH THE SEAT AND/OR STEERING WILL WHILE IN PARK, FIRST GEAR AND NEUTRAL
Old 06-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #1048
Becks
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100180
What I Drive: 2008 Toyota

FF Reputation: 1 Becks Good Standing Member
Well..this is my first post, and I thank all of you for the wealth of information in these forums. Fantastic Site.

I had been all excited about purchasing a new Ford Focus Titanium. However, that is not going to happen unless I read about a complete fix for the serious issues discussed in this thread. I am now waiting for the new VW Golf's to arrive, and will either purchase one of those, or see if Ford has fixed this major issue. Knowing what I do now, I can not risk spending $25,000+ on something that is already broken.

I hope you all get the fix from Ford, and the respect from Ford that is deserved for being such patient customers.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #1049
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,278, Level 35
Points: 3,278, Level: 35 Points: 3,278, Level: 35 Points: 3,278, Level: 35
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicthunk View Post
I had the same problem with my 2012, letter came last week for a recall, also one came for a wiper motor issue. My dealership took care of both recalls today, took about 2 hours, my transmission seems to be fine now.
Quote:
It's been about 1000 miles since the latest upgrade and I am happy to report my trans is functioning normally. I hope this is a good sign. I'll report back after another 1000 miles or so.
Atomicthunk and ElGatto -

Are you all going to take your Focus out for a night on the town?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfmoble View Post
...My proublem was that In cruse control when we went down hill it would down shift and rev at about 4000 rpm, took it out of cruse and couldn't get the car to upshift to just roll down the hill,This happened allmost all the time we started on a downhill grade so I just shut the cruse off everytime I went downhill...Going to take it in for service and 12b37 upgrade, hope it helps, Third time for a trany upgrade and they still don't have it right...
murfmoble -

Did you take it in for service already? This 12B37 program addresses hill-start assist quality as well. The dealer will take a look at your cruise control. I'd like to send this to your region's Customer Service Manager for review. Please PM your VIN, mileage, phone #, and servicing dealer to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurdySE View Post
Put the beast in the shop today for 12b37. Hopefully, mpg will improve slightly (never gotten better than 33mpg, even on a 600 mile, all highway round trip last weekend), no more rolling backwards at stop lights, and no more hesitation/retarded lag time for downshifts! Fingers crossed... these problems have been here for all 10,000 miles!
DurdySE -

The beast went it for a well needed Frankenstein type of service! Have you tried resetting the Average Fuel Economy screen in the information cluster? This will recalculate the numbers for you.

Keep us updated on how the service went. If you'd like, please shoot me a PM with your VIN, mileage, phone #, and servicing dealer; I'll send the information to our Customer Service Manager in your region.

Quote:
Just a quick note: Since the upgrade I notice the trans shifts from 1st to 3rd before i hit 20 MPH. It doesn't bother me, but, is this considered normal?
ElGatto -

This update focuses on making these changes as seamless as possible. Have you visited your dealer about the normal range of shifts since the update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesterlike24 View Post
...I have not had any issues with the transmission until a few months ago. Car now has 16,000miles on it. I took it to the dealer and both times...they re=programmed the transmission control module twice to correct the condition...Btw, my tranyy shakes so bad even after repairs mind you, it shook the center console lid loose...
Quote:
Originally Posted by meesterlike24 View Post
...There are alot of complaints from people on this website and Ford is well aware of the situation, but nothing is being done about it...They cant expect people to be ok with spending $25,000 on a FOCUS, and deal with a transmission that acts the way it does...
meesterlike24 -

We're never okay with people experiencing transmission issues on any vehicle. All relevant information concerning this is being compiled. I'll be more than happy to assist you by sending your regional Customer Service Manager any details. Please forward me your VIN, phone #, and dealer info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSKURT View Post
...Lake City Ford in Coeur d'Alene, after hearing all my concerns about this Focus almost getting me killed, told me to contact Ford and they would help me.

Steve (from Ford), told me to get hold of my dealer and they would help me...
ACSKURT -

Is Steve your region's Customer Service Manager? If this hasn't been escalated, I'd like to do so. Shoot me a PM with your VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer info, if you haven't already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks View Post
Well..this is my first post...

I had been all excited about purchasing a new Ford Focus Titanium. However, that is not going to happen unless I read about a complete fix for the serious issues discussed in this thread. I am now waiting for the new VW Golf's to arrive, and will either purchase one of those, or see if Ford has fixed this major issue. Knowing what I do now, I can not risk spending $25,000+ on something that is already broken.

I hope you all get the fix from Ford, and the respect from Ford that is deserved for being such patient customers.
Becks -

Welcome to the forum! We never like to lose a potential customer. In addition, we have respect for all of our owners. A program has been created which addresses transmission and hill-start quality. We're currently evaluating the experience customers have had with this service program. Please stay in touch and monitor the incentives in your area: http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/incentives/.

If anyone is still experiencing transmission quality issues since 12B37 has been completed, please PM me your VIN with a brief description. I'm currently compiling all facts and will forward this to our engineering contact.

Type to you later,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 06-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #1050
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks View Post
Well..this is my first post, and I thank all of you for the wealth of information in these forums. Fantastic Site.

Their are no issues with the new Ford Focus! I found my Ti to be perfect from the beginning May 2011, and having the TSBs and FSA performed by the dealer has only made the car that much better. The shifts are so smooth I do not feel them! I know saying this only annoys some people, but it is the truth! I believe that if we had better dealers, the updates would actually be done (or done properly), and no one would have any issue. Ford sold 900,000 Foci in 2011, and this forum only represents a handful.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.