2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 58 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #571
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Thomas,

You have a PM. Please let me know.

Zack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #572
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipshurt View Post
I told my dealer I wanted them to give me a rental car and keep mine until its fixed.
Just be careful, I had a rental for 22 days while my dealership tried to fix the noise and in that time my rental got hit with hail damage. So, now I'm in the hole $500 for the deductible on a car I don't even own.

This is such a frustrating ordeal, I've tried to see about trading my vehicle in but of course it's worth way less than I paid for it and I'm not quite ready to fork out even more cash to get rid of the thing. I hope this fix comes soon because it's really diminishing the Ford brand in my eyes.

I know it's your job to try and ease us FCService but until you've been to the dealership 10 times and have to listen to this sound every day on your commute you just can't begin to sympathize.

BTW, my car is in the shop right now getting the rear seats replaced. So frustrating.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #573
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbaldwin View Post
dyn085,
what are you going to order and not have Ford do?
I had the springs and strut bearings replaced about two weeks ago (I think this is the standard hotline fix being prescribed) and the clunking and squeaking have returned. No rattle yet, but I'm expecting that as well. I can't see taking it back in until Ford comes up with the REAL FIX whatever that is.
I haven't had the chance to get on the Ford site to take a look at the parts and cost. Essentially, I will be replacing everything above the bumpstop. Even though the issue is annoying, I can't honestly say that my music is low enough to hear it most of the time . I will probably look into it a bit more when I get back this weekend.

I'll keep you guys posted.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
Hatch Nation #161
Old 06-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #574
12 F-O-C-U-S
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96779
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE 4Dr

FF Reputation: 1 12 F-O-C-U-S Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Low speed clunk

I took my service tech to a parking lot that was uneven with a storm drain in the middle. I just kept going in a circle over the uneven asphalt and over the drain with the windows up. It only took 2 times around and it was plain as day. As far as ford escalating it i got a call and they said since there was no sound that the dealership can hear there is nothing ford can do. That was before i took the tech for a ride and he finally heard it. I decided that i was going to bug ford until they fixed it. My dealership had 3 other focus's with the same problem and the cars were owned by employee's of the dealership. They said 1 was caused by sway bar end links and the 2 others were struts. We have to be very persistent with the dealerships. If you give up then it hurts everyone. They (Ford) will do something if enough of us complain.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #575
tonysequira
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100579
What I Drive: 2012 Gray Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 tonysequira Good Standing Member
Mine doe's the same thing, it's very noticeable. I took it to the dealership, and they said the technician certainly heard it, but doesn't know what to do about it. They told me they tightened things up, and inspected, but it still doe's it.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #576
MKorn
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97610
What I Drive: 2012, SE, Sport, 5MT, Hatch -Silver

FF Reputation: 1 MKorn Good Standing Member
Mine is getting worse every day .... soon it will be so obvious that they will be able to hear it at Ford!!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #577
elwood125
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17784
What I Drive: Mk 3 Blue Candy SE Sport 5spd Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 elwood125 Good Standing Member
same here.... mine getting worse by the day and its in now for a noise when the a/c is on. I have already had the TSB replacement done and its back. Seems the part numbers are the same and that tells me the parts are still of the same service level as the ones that came on the car from the factory
Old 06-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #578
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
My focus (SEL Hatch + Sony/MFT) was in last Thursday to get looked at for the suspension area noises ... the dealer was super kind and when I came back to pick up the car (had to get it so I could go to a Dr. appointment) he said that they ordered parts and I would need to bring it back to have it worked on. I asked him what the 'issue' was and he stated that it was with the struts...

I am having the car in tomorrow to have them work on the struts... I'll let you know how my experience goes.

But all in all, my dealer (Ford City USA in Champaign, IL) has been 100% understanding. I have not had to deal with any issues from them in terms of service or listening.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #579
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty 5.0 View Post
No problem from me; glad to help. I know I hate getting the run around. They said they had TSB for this clunk but didn't fix it. So hotline told them to keep putting on suspension parts until it did lol (more or less!)
Update...

The dealer definitely has heard the sound in my car (ride along) and is working to fix the problem. However, the issue is that all the TSBs out for related problems apply to cars with build dates earlier than mine. Thus, even though they acknowledge the issue, they're trying to figure out how to cover it as a warranty repair. Hopefully they can straighten it out with Ford this week!

The service advisor heard the noise within about 15 seconds. We hadn't even pulled out of the parking lot at the dealership! I've also received phone calls from the regional CSM thanks to some initial PM action on here with the Ford reps. So, while it's not yet fixed, I'm definitely satisfied with the attention it's now receiving.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 06-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #580
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90895
What I Drive: One less Ford

FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Update...

The dealer definitely has heard the sound in my car (ride along) and is working to fix the problem. However, the issue is that all the TSBs out for related problems apply to cars with build dates earlier than mine. Thus, even though they acknowledge the issue, they're trying to figure out how to cover it as a warranty repair. Hopefully they can straighten it out with Ford this week!
Same situation here. Only I'm looking for a new dealer to work with. It took me 3 hours to clean up the aftermath caused by the present dealer.
I got the car back with mud on the carpet, mud on the door panel, grease on the passenger floor mat and grease on the headliner.
They offered to clean it. I told them they had done enough damage for one day thank you. On top of that the tech couldn't replicate the problem.
One lap around the parking lot with the shop foreman and we both heard the noise.
I like the car but hate the issues and the after service.

Bookmarks & Social Networks