Basic Bolt ons: Exhaust Headers/Flex Pipes - Page 14 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #131
Blaz3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98981
What I Drive: 2004 Zts 2.3 Duratec pzev

FF Reputation: 1 Blaz3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I want my car to have the tunner sound, but I don't want it to souls like its fartin. Anyone have any suggestions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #132
joshuaaturner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85269
What I Drive: 2k4 D23 ZX5 "Scout"

FF Reputation: 1 joshuaaturner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldurs390 View Post
just wait to do the install.. do the exhaust first then the tune then header
Do the tune after the exhaust and headers. The header will cause CELs and you can turn them off with a tune.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #133
K26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 51125
What I Drive: 2006, Red, turbo'd ST

FF Reputation: 8 K26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
^ please fix the work headers please lol chang to header.

I am installing my turbo kit this weekend. You can get a fswerks header and flex for a good deal. Its in perfect condition other than the coating is wearing off. but what header doesnt. I personally wanted to wrap it.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #134
joshuaaturner
Focus Enthusiast

Man. I'd jump on that if you were closer.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #135
Blaz3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98981
What I Drive: 2004 Zts 2.3 Duratec pzev

FF Reputation: 1 Blaz3 Good Standing Member
Howuch and where are you
Old 05-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #136
DannyFocus_05
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99280
What I Drive: 2005 Metallic Thundra ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 DannyFocus_05 Good Standing Member
So, the stock header has three 02 Sensors that go into it. I don't think the FSWerks 4-1 Header has 3 ports to plug those 02 sensors into. So what do you with the left-over 02 sensors? Do they come off or what? (I believe the 4-1 header only has one port, which I would use for my AEM Wideband)

Also, at the very top of the stock header, connected to it, there's this little rod that runs right over the top of it and is connected to it. How do I get that off to unbolt the stock header? After I put the 4-1 header on, what do I do with it then?

The directions don't really say anything about this stuff.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #137
Gladious
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88166
What I Drive: 2006, gry,zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Gladious Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffles ZX3 Kona Sport View Post
Can I install a FS flexpipe on a Draxas header? And do I need new gaskets for my header? If so, where can I get them?
the FS Werk headers would perfect. i know the site doesn't sell a gasket for some reason but u could grab one from Weapon R or a local performance shop like Stang-Hi ( Roush dealer/Performance shop). ive also been looking at them lately. I plan on going with FS headers just on the face that its slightly cheaper lol. and finish it ..Headers.. HighFlow Cat.. 2inch piping Flex.. and insted of haveing a poopy muffler (or resinator) replace it with a GlassPac.. finally exit to a muffler stip....somthing like that would NORMALLY cost shit load of money ... but IF you do the right research on the internet . You'll find all u need anywhere from 64.99 to 230.00 (not including headers and a Reprogramer/w software..you'll need the reprogramer if you plan on changing your air flow ratio..) <- remamber that . :D
Old 06-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #138
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Add a tune w/ the header

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyFocus_05 View Post
So, the stock header has three 02 Sensors that go into it. I don't think the FSWerks 4-1 Header has 3 ports to plug those 02 sensors into. So what do you with the left-over 02 sensors? Do they come off or what? (I believe the 4-1 header only has one port, which I would use for my AEM Wideband)
No the Fwerk's header has 1 bung for the 02 senser, not 3. For a wide band= hit up a muffler shop to weld in another bung.
Also, at the very top of the stock header, connected to it, there's this little rod that runs right over the top of it and is connected to it. How do I get that off to unbolt the stock header? After I put the 4-1 header on, what do I do with it then?
Sounds like you have a pzev motor, so someone can chime in 'bout pzev manifolds. After you bolt on the header, you'll need a flex & a exhaust system.
The directions don't really say anything about this stuff.
The directions tell you how to bolt up the header & they asume you already have a exhaust system. A tune will help= turn off the egr & rear o2 senser & on top of that your engine will run better too.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 06-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #139
DoomsdayFAN
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92019
What I Drive: ~2006 ZX4 SE Sedan 2.0L~

FF Reputation: 1 DoomsdayFAN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I wish someone would post a video of a 2.0L Sedan with Header/Tune/Exhaust/Intake in the 1/4 mile. Would be interesting to see what it could do.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:56 AM   #140
joshuaaturner
Focus Enthusiast

Hey Bruce. How you doing?

Anybody out there have an F2 flex pipe or know of one that's not being used? I've got the F2 header and I'm dying to put it on but I don't want to pay $100 for a shop to make one for me and I don't want to do any welding to it.

On a side note, I'm still getting used to the lowered stance. Ran over an effing asphalt boulder today and I would have cleared it except for the Stealth portion of my FSWerks exhaust. That kicked it up and it tore out some of my heat shield. Haven't gotten under there to really check it out but I foresee a trip to pick n pull soon.

Bookmarks & Social Networks