TSB 12B37 - New? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #11
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotoad View Post
Nothing in that press release suggests the transmission learns over time or remembers how you drive. "Recognises individual styles" isn't the same as "remembers individual styles". "Crisper shifts for aggressive driving or smoother shifts for normal driving" and "uses information to assess driving style and decides when to upshift or downshift" means it responds to how you are driving at any given moment and won't remember that you like to drive that way later on, or even a few seconds later.
Isn't that what all automatics have done for all time? They'll hold gears longer if you're flooring it. Always have. Why is this being touted as a new feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
That is correct. The adaptive learning for the DCT has 3 parts:

1) TR Sensor Adaptive Learning (the TCM calibrates the sensor for the shift lever position. This is done by a service tech after TCM reprogramming.)

2) Shift Drum Adaptive Learning (the TCM calibrates the exact positioning of the shift drums. This is done by a service tech after TCM reprogramming.)

3) Clutch Adaptive Learning (the TCM calibrates the "catch points" of both clutches. This is done by a service tech after TCM reprogramming but is constantly being "fine tuned" as you drive your car.)
That's all well and good, and I have no strong feelings either way. But there's still the issue that there's nothing published (that I've seen) that says the DCT does NOT learn or "remember" driving habits. It's fine with me if it doesn't, I don't care, in fact I'd prefer it doesn't.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->