Yellow stain on roof? - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #61
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobakman View Post
Great. :>(
About how long after you folks took delivery did the stains appear? My build date is 07/2011 and I took delivery on 08/10/2011. I did not notice any stains yet, to be honest I had never really looked that close but I sure will be now.
Mine appeared 2 months, to the day, from the date of pick-up. Without going in to deep detail they will be installing the THIRD replacement, 4th overall counting the factory install, headliner in my Focus. They also have another 10 or so trim pieces to replace for the second time. This has been an ongoing nightmare since October. Hopefully the end is in sight. Ford Customer Service has been fantastic; my dealer.... that's another story.

2012 Ingot Silver Focus SE 5spd w/ Sport and Winter pkgs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #62
2012mtlselfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94589
What I Drive: Ford Focus SEL 2012

FF Reputation: 1 2012mtlselfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Well, it's either time to cry or time to call Ford customer service again... They (Ron Hopkins Ford) told me they'd try to get this stain out:

Today they said "We don't think we can order you a new headliner under warranty because it's a stain..." and left me with this:

They then recommended I go to the dealer 40 miles away where I purchased the car (where the service department isn't open on weekends...) Someone is fixing this, and it better not have to be me.
WTF? Is that water that did that?
Old 02-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #63
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012mtlselfocus View Post
WTF? Is that water that did that?
Nope, Ford had an issue where the glue they were using on the headliners was soaking thorugh the fabric and leaving stains. The bottom photo shows how things turned out when dealers would try to clean them. Only solution is to replace the headliner.

It does appear that Ford is no longer having this issue.

2012 Ingot Silver Focus SE 5spd w/ Sport and Winter pkgs.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #64
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post
Nope, Ford had an issue where the glue they were using on the headliners was soaking thorugh the fabric and leaving stains. The bottom photo shows how things turned out when dealers would try to clean them. Only solution is to replace the headliner.

Yup! That was my headliner and it's all fixed now.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #65
2012mtlselfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94589
What I Drive: Ford Focus SEL 2012

FF Reputation: 1 2012mtlselfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post

Thanks for the info i'll check mine if it has the same thing...
Old 02-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #66
Titanium12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86295
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium12 Good Standing Member
Got a new one in mine installed on Saturday......picked it up on Monday and the grease coated kid they told to pull my car around got grease off his hat on the headliner above the drivers seat. I got in the car, looked up and there the grease stains were. Called the service rep out to the car and he couldn't believe it. He offered to try and clean it but I didn't have time. I told him I'd bring back on Friday & that if I could see any evidence after it was cleaned he was going to install another one.......and he said, "yea, I know.". I'll let y'all know how it goes. The install looked great other than that. He said book calls for 6.0 hours of labor to pull out old one and re install new one.
Delivery Date: June 29, 2011
Old 06-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #67
Atomicthunk
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100415
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass Hatchback SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Atomicthunk Good Standing Member
Unhappy Yellow Stain on headliner

I am taking my Focus to the dealer tomorrow to have the two recalls done.(Wiper motor and Auto transmission problem). I have the yellow/orange stains on my headliner near the passenger side also. I had no Idea it was such a wide spread problem. After reading all the threads, I donít know if I should just have the service manager document it until Ford comes up with a better fix or to let them try to take care of the problem now. I donít want to end up with a sloppy job that looks worse than before and have rattles that I didnít have before. With the leather, moon roof, and other options I bought, Iím really pissed that a 25K car has this kind of poor workmanship and that Ford has not issued a recall on this problem. Has anyone looked into a class action lawsuit? I know I am covered under warranty, plus the extra service contract I bought, Iím just afraid that they donít have a good fix yet. I welcome any advice from those of you who have been down this road before me.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #68
Artdizzle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83127
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 Artdizzle Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicthunk View Post
I am taking my Focus to the dealer tomorrow to have the two recalls done.(Wiper motor and Auto transmission problem). I have the yellow/orange stains on my headliner near the passenger side also. I had no Idea it was such a wide spread problem. After reading all the threads, I donít know if I should just have the service manager document it until Ford comes up with a better fix or to let them try to take care of the problem now. I donít want to end up with a sloppy job that looks worse than before and have rattles that I didnít have before. With the leather, moon roof, and other options I bought, Iím really pissed that a 25K car has this kind of poor workmanship and that Ford has not issued a recall on this problem. Has anyone looked into a class action lawsuit? I know I am covered under warranty, plus the extra service contract I bought, Iím just afraid that they donít have a good fix yet. I welcome any advice from those of you who have been down this road before me.
I don't think there is any better fix than just replacing the headliner though. And if you have even a modicum of trust in your particular dealer, they'll do an awesome job replacing it, i'm sure! I've said it before, but I expected when I bought a brand new car model for there to be kinks and rough edges to be ironed out... thats the price for being an early adopter for "anything" unfortunately. Now i'm not happy that it happened, but honestly, so far i'm glad that if it was going to happen anyway that it ended up being something cosmetic like improper, bleeding headliner glue.

My headliner was replaced in about an hour under warranty, and everything from the pillar panels to the map lights looked unscuffed and factory when it was done... and obviously the ceiling looked great and brand new!

I haven't had a problem so far since last year when it was replaced, which means so far "I" don't have a problem either. If it happens again though it'll be a different story.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:16 PM   #69
Atomicthunk
Focus Rookie

Talking yellow stain on roof

Thanks for the reply. My dealer's service clerk took pictures of the stains and sent them to Ford. By the time they were done with recall work for the transmission and wiper motor, Ford called them back a gave them the OK to replace the headliner. So the headliner is ordered and when it comes in I hope that they can do the job right like your dealer' service. When I first told the service manager about the stains, he said he never saw that problem before. I had copies of all the posts about this issue with me so I gave him the copies to read and asked him if he had a service tech. with the proper skills to do the job correctly. He assured they did, so I will have to wait and see. Just a side note: while I was waiting I was talking with another 2012 Focus owner that didn't know about the stains. He has the stains also, but assumed his grand kids did it. His stains were in the same location as mine.
The good news is the recall fix for the transmission seems to have solved the problems.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #70
Atomicthunk
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehreflex View Post
Anyone else have this issue? I saw a thread about it, but didn't see any further posts regarding it.

Mine has a moon roof, on the passenger side I'm noticing yellow/orange stains in the fabric on the roof.

I'm planning on taking my car in this weekend for MFT Update, and will have them take a look. If it's a leak in drainage that would suck cause they'd have to either clean and make it look pristine like the current condition of the car or replace the top. :(
I also had the the problem, it was fixed by installing a new headliner, it took a couple of months for the dealer to get the new headliner and it took about a full day for them to do the work, which I didn't mind because I didn't want to rush them. The service mgr. said it took longer than they thought because the new heasdliner did not come with clips to run the wires. I am happy with the results.

Bookmarks & Social Networks