My Ford Touch Thread - Page 189 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #1881
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
Real nice.
That should help my resale value when I go to buy MY NEXT FORD.
I still say 95% of the problem are technology-challenged buyers.
JMHO.

Rich
True that this kind of press can't help resale. But, I figure this also hurts Ford's bottom line and will therefore motivate them to improve it. Motivate them WAY more than all our howling up here on FF. I agree that the complaints of "it's too hard to use" are 95% whiners who don't realize it take a few days to learn any new interface.

But, (and this comes from somebody with a 4-year technical degree and over 20 years in the electronics and software industry), there are SIGNIFICANT numbers of bugs still hanging around in v3.02. I even give Ford a pass on some of the Bluetooth stuff because that relies on bug free implementations on the phones used (laughable). But, still bad programming on core code is inexcusable. I have had v3.02 for weeks now and it one of the first things I always do, is press the lower left 'Entertainment' button to take me to that screen....unresponsive at least half the time.

Even with all the bugs, I think MFT is a very cool system and I enjoy it immensely when it's working. And yes, if given a do-over, I would probably buy it again for all it's good points. However, (as a $900 option) it just has far more bugs than any of the $200 software driven devices I have purchased.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #1882
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
True that this kind of press can't help resale. But, I figure this also hurts Ford's bottom line and will therefore motivate them to improve it. Motivate them WAY more than all our howling up here on FF. I agree that the complaints of "it's too hard to use" are 95% whiners who don't realize it take a few days to learn any new interface.

But, (and this comes from somebody with a 4-year technical degree and over 20 years in the electronics and software industry), there are SIGNIFICANT numbers of bugs still hanging around in v3.02. I even give Ford a pass on some of the Bluetooth stuff because that relies on bug free implementations on the phones used (laughable). But, still bad programming on core code is inexcusable. I have had v3.02 for weeks now and it one of the first things I always do, is press the lower left 'Entertainment' button to take me to that screen....unresponsive at least half the time.

Even with all the bugs, I think MFT is a very cool system and I enjoy it immensely when it's working. And yes, if given a do-over, I would probably buy it again for all it's good points. However, (as a $900 option) it just has far more bugs than any of the $200 software driven devices I have purchased.
I'm just hoping the system will have been improved and fixed by the time I go to resell, and will by that time be one of the better infotainment systems to use, which will attract buyers. Fat chance, though.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Old 06-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #1883
engine ear
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5447
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 engine ear Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Picked it up last night and...WOW...info overload! What a great system. Salesperson walked us thru basic stuff and we are thoroughly impressed with all it will do. Wife didn't want to drive it home or take to work today till she's more in touch with where things are...don't blame her. Everything went smoothly, no hiccups or glitches. I think, after pouring over this site, we need to input and wait for response before hitting the button again.
I asked if all the TSB's, updates/flashes were done at the factory and was told they were. Transmission seemed fine but will put through it's paces soon. Certainly enough power...on par with my old SVT. Handling feels great and am looking forward to my favorite corners.
So far so good!
Old 06-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #1884
kxweil38
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100546
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 kxweil38 Good Standing Member
I picked up a Titanium 5 door at the end of March. After almost 3 months I really enjoy the car. I had it in to the dealer once to have the transmission update done and have had no other problems with it since. I have had some issues with the voice recognition when trying to make a call but nothing really troublesome. I have had a couple of occurances with the clock not being accurate. I have noticed the time being off by 6 to 8 bours. I reset the time and it will be accurate for several days but then be off by several hours once again when I start the car. Anyone else had this happen or is there an update that has come out in the last 3 months?
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 06-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #1885
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94411
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
On the HD radio, is there a way to select the HD station with out using direct tune? Say I am on 106.7-1 but want to go to 106.7-2, can I do it with out using direct tune?
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12
Old 06-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #1886
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendarus View Post
On the HD radio, is there a way to select the HD station with out using direct tune? Say I am on 106.7-1 but want to go to 106.7-2, can I do it with out using direct tune?
If you're on HD-1 for a station, the only way I've seen aside from direct tune to switch to HD-2 for a station is to use the Tune+ button in the middle around the volume dial. Never really used direct tune so for all I know they might be the same thing.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Old 06-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #1887
wreed
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85302
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 wreed Good Standing Member
Did anyone's radio station numbers just start disappearing? I can't see my presets or what station i am on after this latest update (started few months after update)
Old 06-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #1888
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreed View Post
Did anyone's radio station numbers just start disappearing? I can't see my presets or what station i am on after this latest update (started few months after update)
Yep, a lot of us. See here for TiPilot's video:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...=289071&page=2
Old 06-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #1889
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
If you're on HD-1 for a station, the only way I've seen aside from direct tune to switch to HD-2 for a station is to use the Tune+ button in the middle around the volume dial. Never really used direct tune so for all I know they might be the same thing.
Only way I know of as well.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 06-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #1890
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxweil38 View Post
.... I have had a couple of occurances with the clock not being accurate. I have noticed the time being off by 6 to 8 bours. I reset the time and it will be accurate for several days but then be off by several hours once again when I start the car. Anyone else had this happen or is there an update that has come out in the last 3 months?
Posted via FF Mobile
I and several others have reported this 'loss of time' with the clock. The assumption is that the processor or a (specific process) is getting frozen in some fashion during shut down and so it cant even keep time until the next startup. Likely a symptom for some instability occurring in the operating system of MFT. I have seen this happen with the older v2.11 and the current v3.02 released a couple months ago.

Bookmarks & Social Networks