My Ford Touch Thread - Page 188 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #1871
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99369
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 WizeGuyDezignz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edbro View Post
Do a site search on that exact phrase and see how many times he has used it. Once, even for a thread title.
Haha sorry, it's been an often used word for me lately. I just think that the Sync system making crazy noises is pretty embarrassing though. What if you are walking a hot date into your car and it does this?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #1872
Edbro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98994
What I Drive: 2012 SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Edbro Good Standing Member
It's just that I'm confused. You create a thread stating it is embarrassing that some don't like the car then you post how many flaws are embarrassing to you. I can't tell if you are a fanboy or a troll.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #1873
BiffTannen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100152
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SE, Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 BiffTannen Good Standing Member
Noticed this on Yahoo a few moments ago.

"Key car quality study ranks software bugs as most common complaint, knocks Ford again"
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...170243393.html
Old 06-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #1874
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

Points 336, Level 6
Points: 336, Level: 6 Points: 336, Level: 6 Points: 336, Level: 6
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
Noticed this on Yahoo a few moments ago.

"Key car quality study ranks software bugs as most common complaint, knocks Ford again"
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...170243393.html
Real nice.
That should help my resale value when I go to buy MY NEXT FORD.
I still say 95% of the problem are technology-challenged buyers.
JMHO.

Rich
Old 06-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #1875
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99369
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 WizeGuyDezignz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edbro View Post
It's just that I'm confused. You create a thread stating it is embarrassing that some don't like the car then you post how many flaws are embarrassing to you. I can't tell if you are a fanboy or a troll.
Haha, sorry for the confusion. I was just acting silly and not being serious about all of those comments. If you look at my other posts praising my experience with MFT, that's the real deal.

In short, I'm definitely not a troll and am a fanboy if you consider a fanboy as someone who loves this car. This is my first Ford or American vehicle in general purchase and I can't be happier. Very good bang for the buck and a hoot to drive.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #1876
A2Fan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87793
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 A2Fan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
Real nice.
I still say 95% of the problem are technology-challenged buyers.
JMHO.
I'm definitely not technology-challenged. I've been in the IT profession for 20+ years implementing leading to bleeding edge technologies.

The issues I've experienced are quite real. Many of the issues other community members have reported I've also experienced. They're even reproducible, as my dealer can attest. I've got the pictures to prove it.

Since v3 was *reinstalled* in my vehicle, stability has improved. I also prefer it's interface over the prior version. It's far from perfect though, and I've noted (and reported) newly introduced glitches with this update.

Since we're pulling statistics out our collective pucker points, I'd say for every 10 bugs they fixed from 2.11, 3 new ones were introduced in the latest release. Progress, sorta.

If I knew then, what I know now - I'm fairly certain I would have skipped MFT and settled for the base stereo system and a Garmin GPS when I shopped for the car. I had been waiting for the Euro Focus to come to North America for years.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #1877
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,251, Level 35
Points: 3,251, Level: 35 Points: 3,251, Level: 35 Points: 3,251, Level: 35
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Fan View Post
I'm definitely not technology-challenged. I've been in the IT profession for 20+ years implementing leading to bleeding edge technologies.

The issues I've experienced are quite real. Many of the issues other community members have reported I've also experienced. They're even reproducible, as my dealer can attest. I've got the pictures to prove it.

Since v3 was *reinstalled* in my vehicle, stability has improved. I also prefer it's interface over the prior version. It's far from perfect though, and I've noted (and reported) newly introduced glitches with this update.

Since we're pulling statistics out our collective pucker points, I'd say for every 10 bugs they fixed from 2.11, 3 new ones were introduced in the latest release. Progress, sorta.

If I knew then, what I know now - I'm fairly certain I would have skipped MFT and settled for the base stereo system and a Garmin GPS when I shopped for the car. I had been waiting for the Euro Focus to come to North America for years.
Something that's easily reproducible can usually be blamed on poor programming. People however, that complain that they keep freezing up the system and keep having issues in which the system slows down considerably, usually can be blamed on having a lack of knowledge relating to technology or atleast lack the common sense on how to use it. I have bugs and glitches, all reproducible all the time or at least 90% of the time, but I don't have lockups, freezes, slowdowns, etc.

This I attribute to my knowledge of computers and the common sense that trying to hit lots of buttons when one doesn't respond correctly isn't the way you fix problems. I input one command at a time and wait for a response from that command before inputting more, this is something I can guarantee you not everyone does, and some people may try using multiple commands in a short period of time hoping they'll all execute without issue, but this is obviously not the case. This isn't your gaming rig at home, it's not designed to be powerful enough to multitask efficiently.

So, I agree with Richs10 as much as I agree with you. It's half consumer, half poor programming as far as I'm concerned.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 06-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #1878
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

Points 336, Level 6
Points: 336, Level: 6 Points: 336, Level: 6 Points: 336, Level: 6
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Fan View Post

That said, I believe you would be part of the 5% who do have legitimate issues. However I strongly disagree with your conclusion that we now have 30% more new issues with MFT 3.0. (Not sure if I understood your statistic there). This is certainly not true my case.

And on a final note, my good sir, my pucker point has never been collectivized. [bootyshak

Rich
Old 06-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #1879
engine ear
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5447
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 engine ear Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Well, I'll be honest. I'm picking up a 2012 Titanium tomorrow(if the truck gets there early enough to have the car prepped)and some of this is worrisome for me. My wife will be the main driver and she will be rather upset if these problems arise while on her way to see her 91 year old mom in Sun City, 50+ miles each way. She is not an IT person. If loud noises come spewing out for no apparent reason and they can't be traced back to the source and be fixed...I won't have this car long.
The crap and non-responses I took from 4 different dealers to get this car are another story. At times I felt I was being told..."it shouldn't be this hard to spend money...don't buy now...wait"..ya know what I mean?
So, I WILL be posting here...I hope with many more positive responses than the other variety.

Cover me...I'm going in...
Old 06-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #1880
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,251, Level 35
Points: 3,251, Level: 35 Points: 3,251, Level: 35 Points: 3,251, Level: 35
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine ear View Post
Well, I'll be honest. I'm picking up a 2012 Titanium tomorrow(if the truck gets there early enough to have the car prepped)and some of this is worrisome for me. My wife will be the main driver and she will be rather upset if these problems arise while on her way to see her 91 year old mom in Sun City, 50+ miles each way. She is not an IT person. If loud noises come spewing out for no apparent reason and they can't be traced back to the source and be fixed...I won't have this car long.
The crap and non-responses I took from 4 different dealers to get this car are another story. At times I felt I was being told..."it shouldn't be this hard to spend money...don't buy now...wait"..ya know what I mean?
So, I WILL be posting here...I hope with many more positive responses than the other variety.

Cover me...I'm going in...

Just tell her not to keep trying to press buttons if nothing happens for a few seconds... that will cause lock ups and major issues. There will be glitches, but that's inevitable. Just tell her to press one thing at a time and wait for a response.
Sonic Crew #28

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.