My Ford Touch Thread - Page 186 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #1851
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
Thanks for posting this Richs10! I am glad to see that at least one other person comes here to post positive results. There is so much negativity in this forum that I wonder what kind of horrific lives some people must have to be so incredibly negative and spewing such vile venom. Seems like there are people who thrive on being negative. But, of course, that is just MY OPINION. :-)

For the record, as I have said before, my MFT works quite well, and I too am quite happy with it. Sure there are minor issues, but I have a life to live, and quite frankly don't want to bring myself and others down by dwelling on every minor nuance there is to complain about. Sure, there are some systems with legitimate, serious problems, but there is also a warranty for them. If they spent as much time complaining to their dealers and Ford as they do in this forum, they would have solved (a majority) of their issues.
I suspect that the vast majority of owners are satisfied with the MFT system after the 3.0 update, but the negativity in this thread was so depressing, I was tempted to unsubscribe from it. I'm glad to hear that others are enjoying this truly advanced system. As far as I'm concerned, its one of the best things about the new Focus.

Rich
(I still can't believe I bought a Ford Focus and that I'm having such a great time with it!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #1852
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
I suspect that the vast majority of owners are satisfied with the MFT system after the 3.0 update, but the negativity in this thread was so depressing, I was tempted to unsubscribe from it. I'm glad to hear that others are enjoying this truly advanced system. As far as I'm concerned, its one of the best things about the new Focus.

Rich
(I still can't believe I bought a Ford Focus and that I'm having such a great time with it!)
While I certainly post about my issues with the MFT system in my car (and there are many) I also state on here quite often that I'd buy my car again in a heartbeat. The driving/handling, interior, and overall comfort are top-notch. It's a great little car.

Still, when a multi-thousand dollar system (between MFT + Nav) acts like a pre-beta release half the time... well, it does get frustrating!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 06-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #1853
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
While I certainly post about my issues with the MFT system in my car (and there are many) I also state on here quite often that I'd buy my car again in a heartbeat. The driving/handling, interior, and overall comfort are top-notch. It's a great little car.

Still, when a multi-thousand dollar system (between MFT + Nav) acts like a pre-beta release half the time... well, it does get frustrating!
No doubt it's frustrating. But the only way it will get fixed is to scream directly at Ford and your dealer. It doesn't matter if they give you answers that don't resolve anything, keep screaming, yelling, jumping up and down... whatever it takes. One million posts here (not saying you do that) will do absolutely nothing to address the issue, but 50 calls to Ford and your dealer will help, especially if everyone who has an issue does the same thing. Be relentless with them.

It's true that Ford has at least one person in this forum, but the bottom line is, they see the same stuff over and over from a select group of people, and they probably just chalk it up to a small group of people who just want to complain. That might sound like bad customer service, but it is what it is. You've heard the phrase the squeaky wheel gets the grease? Well, squeak to the people that can fix it. I hope it doesn't sound like I am attacking you TiPilot, it's not my intention to do that. I just think that if the negative energy that is in this forum is re-directed to Ford, then there's a better chance that those who have issues will get them resolved.

I love my Focus, and like Richs10, never saw myself buying one. But, I love it, and MFT/Sync is a big part of what sold me. I think it's a great system, and I am fortunate to have practically no issues with mine. Who knows, perhaps it's the combination of phone / music devices I connect, or perhaps there's a major flaw in some but not others, but regardless, the system can work well, so I think it's worth the effort for those with issues to direct their energy to the right place. This forum isn't going to get it done.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #1854
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
No doubt it's frustrating. But the only way it will get fixed is to scream directly at Ford and your dealer. It doesn't matter if they give you answers that don't resolve anything, keep screaming, yelling, jumping up and down... whatever it takes. One million posts here (not saying you do that) will do absolutely nothing to address the issue, but 50 calls to Ford and your dealer will help, especially if everyone who has an issue does the same thing. Be relentless with them.

It's true that Ford has at least one person in this forum, but the bottom line is, they see the same stuff over and over from a select group of people, and they probably just chalk it up to a small group of people who just want to complain. That might sound like bad customer service, but it is what it is. You've heard the phrase the squeaky wheel gets the grease? Well, squeak to the people that can fix it. I hope it doesn't sound like I am attacking you TiPilot, it's not my intention to do that. I just think that if the negative energy that is in this forum is re-directed to Ford, then there's a better chance that those who have issues will get them resolved.

I love my Focus, and like Richs10, never saw myself buying one. But, I love it, and MFT/Sync is a big part of what sold me. I think it's a great system, and I am fortunate to have practically no issues with mine. Who knows, perhaps it's the combination of phone / music devices I connect, or perhaps there's a major flaw in some but not others, but regardless, the system can work well, so I think it's worth the effort for those with issues to direct their energy to the right place. This forum isn't going to get it done.
Yeah, I need to get louder with them. I've documented everything, sent many emails with photo/video evidence of issues to the dealer, am trying to get the regional CSM involved thru here (recent PMs are finally getting somewhere with that), and am trying out a new dealer.

Although the dealer where I bought my car and have had it serviced thus far is extremely highly rated, I can't say I've felt that way about them. Poor communication, long waits, etc. So, hopefully, a new dealer plus CSM involvement will improve things going forward...

MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 06-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #1855
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Yeah, I need to get louder with them. I've documented everything, sent many emails with photo/video evidence of issues to the dealer, am trying to get the regional CSM involved thru here (recent PMs are finally getting somewhere with that), and am trying out a new dealer.

Although the dealer where I bought my car and have had it serviced thus far is extremely highly rated, I can't say I've felt that way about them. Poor communication, long waits, etc. So, hopefully, a new dealer plus CSM involvement will improve things going forward...
To add onto this whole discussion I have to disagree that posting on here regularly with issues does nothing for the cause. Maybe it's not as effective as all of us getting in touch with Ford directly, but we don't all do that, some guys don't bother. There are Ford reps on this site who do see our posts, whether or not they read them all and try to pass them forward is one thing, but they're here.

I think whenever Jaclyn comes in here and sees that since that last time she logged in we've had several more pages worth of posts addressing issues and concerns, it should say something about our customer experience. If Ford knows what they're doing by having reps patrol forums, then this makes more of a difference than you might think.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 06-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #1856
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Exclamation Crazy Electronic Noises @ Full Volume

Look what my car decided to do at lunch today...

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I opened the door (IA, touched handle to unlock) and the car started blasting electronic noises out of all the speakers at full volume. Volume controls did not have any effect on it, nor did powering the car on into accessory mode (hitting start button without foot on brake). Sounds only went away when I actually started the engine.

Hope it didn't blow out any of the speakers!

Old 06-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #1857
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
From the syncmyride forum, mod comment in a thread about the update to the Android MFT app:

Hey, everyone!

As mentioned above, the MFT Guide is utilized as a dealer-training tool. We're looking to bring the Outside Air Temperature Display back to the touch screen as a customizable option, which is why it is currently showing on the recently updated Android app. This feature will be available in a future MyFord and MyLincoln Touch update, but release timing has yet to be determined. Please continue to check the forum periodically for more information on this topic.

Mike

Of couse the usual vagueness as to when but at least it was acknowledged.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #1858
BiffTannen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100152
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SE, Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 BiffTannen Good Standing Member
Is this the place for Sync questions? I couldn't find a specific thread.

I have a questions about Sync Favorites & the website - syncmyride.com. Last week I found the favorites but now that page seems to have changed.

http://pa.motorwebs.com/ford/sync/SYNCHandbook.pdf

On this link under How To Personalize Favorites it has instructions for setting favs -- Sync Services > Manage Favorites > Add, etc. The following link is what comes up but it doesn't allow the changes.

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Module...aspx?faqId=446

I can't find this section on the website. Any help?
Old 06-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #1859
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
From the syncmyride forum, mod comment in a thread about the update to the Android MFT app:

Hey, everyone!

As mentioned above, the MFT Guide is utilized as a dealer-training tool. We're looking to bring the Outside Air Temperature Display back to the touch screen as a customizable option, which is why it is currently showing on the recently updated Android app. This feature will be available in a future MyFord and MyLincoln Touch update, but release timing has yet to be determined. Please continue to check the forum periodically for more information on this topic.

Mike

Of couse the usual vagueness as to when but at least it was acknowledged.
Thats a start ... hoping they bring back more than just the temp display as customizible options. Really it would be nice to have all the info in the corners brought back as customizable options for those who want it. And fix the programmable favorite buttons too. That would be worth celebrating for sure.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #1860
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post

On this link under How To Personalize Favorites it has instructions for setting favs -- Sync Services > Manage Favorites > Add, etc.

I can't find this section on the website. Any help?
If you upgraded to ver3 "performance upgrade" then you lost that feature and favorites are no longer programmable. One of the many complaints about this newer version of MFT. I'm keeping the older version so I can have all the features the car was sold with and MFT was originally designed with.

Bookmarks & Social Networks