How to wash the cloth interior????? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection

Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection Discuss wax, polish, chamois, microfiber towels, simple cloth towel, scratch repair and paint protection. Use this Forum to discuss your cleaning tricks and techniques.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #11
focus202
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93264
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3

Points 313, Level 6
Points: 313, Level: 6 Points: 313, Level: 6 Points: 313, Level: 6
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 focus202 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That looks like something handy in the house too not car only. That's what i need for my car.... I'd buy it....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using FF Mobile
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 04:43 AM   #12
primetime
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100063
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 primetime Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by focus202 View Post
That looks like something handy in the house too not car only. That's what i need for my car.... I'd buy it....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using FF Mobile
There's another one that apparently is specific for cars. Search AutoCare on the Bissell website.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:56 AM   #13
Mumford
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99437
What I Drive: 2009, Sangria Red, SE Coupe

Points 838, Level 15
Points: 838, Level: 15 Points: 838, Level: 15 Points: 838, Level: 15
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 Mumford Good Standing Member
i used to work at a dealer ship in the back cleaning cars and did alittle detial work there also the best way to clean a seat is i would use any type of carpet or apolstry cleaner if you have a hand held scruber like the one shown above that would work the best but alittle elbow grease nvr hurt and if it takes awhile to dry then so be it cleaning seats or carpet in the car will take some time to dry if done right so dont think it will only take a few hrs to dry and dont put ur windows all the way up or it will steam up the whole car and make it smell nasty if its nice out leave the windows down
Old 06-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #14
primetime
Focus Enthusiast

Mumford: Do you think a dehumidifier would help in drying out the interior after you use the upholstery cleaner? I've used upholstery cleaners in my other cars, but they took too long to dry.

I was thinking that a dehumidifier would help in quickly drying out the car's interior.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #15
focus202
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93264
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3

Points 313, Level 6
Points: 313, Level: 6 Points: 313, Level: 6 Points: 313, Level: 6
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 focus202 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumford View Post
i used to work at a dealer ship in the back cleaning cars and did alittle detial work there also the best way to clean a seat is i would use any type of carpet or apolstry cleaner if you have a hand held scruber like the one shown above that would work the best but alittle elbow grease nvr hurt and if it takes awhile to dry then so be it cleaning seats or carpet in the car will take some time to dry if done right so dont think it will only take a few hrs to dry and dont put ur windows all the way up or it will steam up the whole car and make it smell nasty if its nice out leave the windows down
What kind of "hand held scrubber"? Like a regular brush???

Come to Vegas and wash the interior it will dry in an hour in this heat LOL!!! Today was 106 who knows how much was in the sun LOL!!!! But thanks for advices will try, and will let you know how fast dryed here in Vegas.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using FF Mobile
Old 06-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #16
primetime
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:

Come to Vegas and wash the interior it will dry in an hour in this heat LOL!!! Today was 106 who knows how much was in the sun LOL!!!! But thanks for advices will try, and will let you know how fast dryed here in Vegas.

Did you get the upholstery cleaner that I posted above? Bissell makes one specific for automobiles and I saw that it has higher suction power compared to the home one I posted.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #17
Holden
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90783
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF

Points 251, Level 5
Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Holden Good Standing Member
Rent a Rug Doctor with upholstery attachment at your local Giant/Walgreens/whatever (go to Rug Doctor's site and search for a rental location near you).

It's only about $25 for 24 hours (plus whatever of their cleaning solutions you buy), and I've done my seats three times in the past 5.5 years, plus the headliner once.

The SVT seat fabric is notorious for showing stains, but the Rug Doctor has never let me down in getting the seats looking like new.

As for drying, I've found it dries overnight if left windows-down in some covered space (or you might try a tub of Damp-Rid).
Old 06-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #18
Mumford
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99437
What I Drive: 2009, Sangria Red, SE Coupe

Points 838, Level 15
Points: 838, Level: 15 Points: 838, Level: 15 Points: 838, Level: 15
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 Mumford Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime View Post
Mumford: Do you think a dehumidifier would help in drying out the interior after you use the upholstery cleaner? I've used upholstery cleaners in my other cars, but they took too long to dry.

I was thinking that a dehumidifier would help in quickly drying out the car's interior.
Quote:

@primetime cant say much bout the dehumidifier as far as im aware of that just takes the moister out of the air only thing we used at the dealer ship was the sun cuse there wasnt much of a rush to dry them id say just leave out in the sun during the high time (sun is at its highest point) and just leave it out there with the windows up if you dont soak the seats all that much it should dry within a couple hrs but dont quote me on that lol

@Focus202 i would love to come to vegas again been there a couple yrs ago and had the time of my life lol but the hand held scrubber if you were talking bout just a hand brush i would use something with like plastic brissels not to heard like solid but enough to scrub with but for a vacum scrubber i would use the bissel one stated above that would work great small compact and not to bad to work with lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.