Bluetooth MAP Support added to iOS 6 - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #31
symbology
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94555
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL HB 301A Mtl.Blk

FF Reputation: 1 symbology Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullwingdmc View Post
clearly there was some heated discussion.
It's what happens when people mention things they are passionate about.

Quote:
Going back to the original topic, there does not seem to be support for contact pics over bluetooth or expanded music control in iOS6.
You're probably right, not all features are working in the beta, but it could also be written for hardware for the next iteration (ie, not working on 4S or earlier). Although, I'm not sure if you need specialized hardware for Bluetooth MAP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #32
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99369
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 WizeGuyDezignz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by symbology View Post
This one's going to be a doozy:

Don't lie. You totally are. I knew it the moment you kept mentioning "facts" and "kool aid". Well, I'll bite. *Cracks Knuckles*

Thousands? Try 75, but that's a high estimate. Feel free to count for yourself: http://www.android.com/devices/
The problem is Google, when they first released Android, let the manufacturers put whatever they wanted in the phone. After a while, you had full fragmentation of the Android Line. That's why most of the users don't have the latest version. I see you didn't question the Apple pie chart about how many users are on ICS. Because it's completely true.

Hmm. Windows 7 = 2009. Pentium 2 = 1997- 1999. That's a 10-12 year difference! If you're going to make analogies, and claim everybody is using the "Apple Kool-Aid", maybe try to use better analogies. It would be like using Windows 7 on a Pentium 4 machine. What do you know. It can.
The problem is most cell phone manufacturers don't want to flow cash into support for hardware that either didn't sell or is old by cell phone standards (6 months or more). While Apple supports products for 2 years. I don't see the HTC Desire get ICS. Oh right, because it came out in 2010, and sold marginally well.

Like I said, they support devices for 2 years, more than I can say for any other manufacturer.

3GS: More RAM, better camera, magnetometer, iOS 3.0
Does every iteration have to be a leap forward like the first?

I'll give a little on this point. Apple does usually lag behind in the features department. However, given that their product refresh cycle is roughly every year (Android phones are constantly coming out), and when they do release a feature that is available on other phones, it's usually implemented very well (or in same cases better than the other phones). But that's a subjective statement, so take that as you will.

The iPhone has never had the best specs. But it has had the best user experience, which is what matters to most consumers.
Also, you don't need the best specs when your OS is highly optimized.
For example, a friend showed me a shooter game (can't remember the name) on his iPad 3, and Asus Transformer. Now keep in mind the game was highly omptimized for the Transformer's Tegra III graphics processor.
He launched the game at the same time on both devices. The iPad blew the Asus out of the water. Load times, sound, graphics were ALL better on the iPad's "inferior" specs.

The iPhone was the first smartphone to sell extremely well. That's what matter. Android probably would have been around without Apple, but it wouldn't have sold as well, and it definitely wouldn't be as powerful as it is today.
When it all boils down to it, Apple has NEVER been the first at anything. I don't think anybody claims they ever have. They have, however, been the one to make (whatever it is) popular and a pleasure to use.

Well, that was fun.
Since this thread has already gotten way off topic and some battling going on, I will just agree to disagree. But until the iPhone gets a larger screen, goes 4G, totally revamps their OS/UI and finally gets widgets, I won't be jumping ship anytime soon.

But at the end of the day if you enjoy your iPhone, then that's all that matters. You need to be happy.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #33
Minchkin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92792
What I Drive: 2009 Black SES Coupe

Points 948, Level 16
Points: 948, Level: 16 Points: 948, Level: 16 Points: 948, Level: 16
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 Minchkin Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by symbology View Post
You're probably right, not all features are working in the beta, but it could also be written for hardware for the next iteration (ie, not working on 4S or earlier). Although, I'm not sure if you need specialized hardware for Bluetooth MAP.
The MAP protocol is coded into said OS. I am sure it just requires Bluetooth 2.0 capable Hardware.
I have an HTC Inspire 4G (HTC Ace) that never had MAP in the first place. But when I had put CM7 on it, it did. It would send messages to my touchpad and everything except for my Sync. All it took was for on of the contributors to take the time and add it in. Now I have put iOS 6 on my iPhone 4S, but it still doesn't recognize it.
SES #032
Old 06-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #34
Chefocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100478
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Chefocus Good Standing Member
Wow. So I'm pretty new to this forum, but this might be the first time I've ever seen Apple vs Android not turn into a flame war. Kudos, Focus owners.

My $.02: I've used every OS out there, and they all have strengths and weaknesses. Currently I have an iPhone and an iPad, which I mostly love. I hate the way Apple controls my data though. I'm with Sprint and have unlimited everything, why can't I download a file bigger than 20mb over 3G? Frustrating.

Funny thing is, the phone I miss most is my Palm Pixie. WebOS was probably my favorite OS ever. It killed me what HP did to that OS. Criminal. The hardware sucked but the software was awesome.

I'm interested to see what Ford does with their new Silicon Valley division. I could definitely see myself switching to Windows phone if the integration with Sync is awesome.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:34 AM   #35
CS_Evans
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99130
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CS_Evans Good Standing Member
Quote:
Huh, I hadn't checked in on this thread in a few days, clearly there was some heated discussion.

Going back to the original topic, there does not seem to be support for contact pics over bluetooth or expanded music control in iOS6. Though this is just the first beta. We have about 3 months before the final OS comes out.
I'm really hoping that we get the contact pics support in the full version of iOS6, that'd be awesome. Sure it's useless but it's cool!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #36
JayDeZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97919
What I Drive: 2014 Honda Accord Sport 6-sp manual

Points 1,466, Level 21
Points: 1,466, Level: 21 Points: 1,466, Level: 21 Points: 1,466, Level: 21
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 JayDeZ Good Standing Member
Has anyone verified this works today? I have an iphone4 and my MFT tells me that Bluetooth texting is not supported on the phone. Is this a 4S and up only feature or do I need to change a setting? I'm hoping this doesn't mean that I have to wait for my iphone 5 some time in the middle of October.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #37
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88545
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
From the looks of it even though it was listed as a feature in iOS 6 and it was in the first beta. It is not in the release version. Most likely it will come in an update.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #38
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Just did testing. This is what worked and didn't (I have iphone 4 on AT&T)

Contact photos: NO
Texting out: NO
Texting in: NO
iMessage: NO
Blutooth indexing: NO
Blutooth Album Art: NO
Blutooth Playback: YES, exactly the same- right down to the MFT display still frozen on a song I had up 3 weeks ago when i did a master reset. What a piece of shit.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #39
Bleve
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104016
What I Drive: 2012 YB Focus TI

FF Reputation: 1 Bleve Good Standing Member
I did some troubleshooting today and after upgrading to iOS 6 on my IP4 it still did not recognize my phone as being supported. I deleted my phone from the car and deleted Sync from the phone and re-paired both. After that I do not have the 'not supported message' and I am able to access the 10 or so standard text items. So far I can send from MFT but it does not seem to recognize incomming or outgoing texts. May try master reset next. I am updating my wifes IP4 next to see what happens
Old 09-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #40
Faygo Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85587
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Ti with James Bond Pkg

Points 3,523, Level 37
Points: 3,523, Level: 37 Points: 3,523, Level: 37 Points: 3,523, Level: 37
Level Up 16% Completed
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Faygo Focus Good Standing Member
Yes, looks like you have to re-pair the phone to get MFT to refresh its info about the phone, including that it is now 6.0 (instead of 5.1.1 or whatever) and supports SMS.

This can be verified by going to bluetooth devices on MFT, clicking on your phone, then clicking INFO.

Bookmarks & Social Networks