2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 49 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #481
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
way to go guys! ITs great huh!. :)
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #482
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
@ Smizak

I didnt hear any noise comming from the front end until my wife and I got together in the car. I always drive mine and she drives her's...to each their own toys I guess. But recently we had to ride together and we both noticed the clunking noise comming from the right front end. We heard it very clearly in a specific situation:
When approching an intersection into wich you need to turn either left or right at 90 degree. The clunking noise was heard when applying the brakes before the turn, during the turn and comming out of the turn. I am not stopping the car, only slowing it down to negociate the turn in a mild manner.

Now like I explained before, I have never heard that noise when I am alone in the car. We're talking about a 6.1, 240 lbs driver. Add my wife (6.0 150 lbs) and the noise appears. Got my car back tonite from the dealer. Not sure about the noise being completely gone as I have to do some test with my favorite co-pilot. I'll keep you guys posted.

Here are the part that were changed:
BV6Z-5310-B (Spring Front)
AD-1094 (Bearing Front)
W715490-S442 (Bolt)
W700212-S442 (Nut - Hex)

Last edited by Kaaru; 06-13-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 06-14-2012, 06:23 AM   #483
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
Here are the part that were changed:
BV6Z-5310-B (Spring Front)
AD-1094 (Bearing Front)
W715490-S442 (Bolt)
W700212-S442 (Nut - Hex)
Thanks brother.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #484
kevinxb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96008
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

Points 541, Level 10
Points: 541, Level: 10 Points: 541, Level: 10 Points: 541, Level: 10
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 2 kevinxb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Glad to see people finally seem to be getting this issue resolved. I'll be making an appointment with my dealer very soon.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #485
khollowa
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100125
What I Drive: 2012 yellow blaze titanium sedan

FF Reputation: 1 khollowa Good Standing Member
I have the same issue with my 2012 titanium. The first time they told me it was from a water bottle I had under my seat.
This time they have acknowledged the issue and have determined it is the struts/bearings. This is what I suggested it was because I told them I found this thread... I was treated like I didn't know a thing, and was criticized for using the internet because "you can find any problem on the internet"... Well that may be the case, but 40 pages of people with the same problem on the same BRAND NEW CAR should cause a little concern, and clearly indicates there is a defect with this car.

I am very disappointed with both the service and the quality of the car at this point. Hopefully Ford addresses this issue soon and does something to retain the customers dealing with this incessant clunking.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #486
jpurvistx
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94317
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Black

FF Reputation: 1 jpurvistx Good Standing Member
Day 2 with the fix and no noise! I didn't even hear anything at work when I went over the speed bumps.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #487
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurvistx View Post
Day 2 with the fix and no noise! I didn't even hear anything at work when I went over the speed bumps.

Yeah I noticed the same thing. Before it would not clunk with just me in the car (no passenger) unless I was really trying to over some bad road and braking but going over speed bumps straight on the struts had a distinct sound and after the fix they make NO SOUND at all.

11 days now with the fix and still all is well!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #488
12FOCUS S
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98622
What I Drive: '13 FOCUS ST/'12 Mustang GT BBP

FF Reputation: 1 12FOCUS S Good Standing Member
Lightbulb

Ford needs to come clean here. Something is not right. I have nothing resolved...

cut/paste from above post.....

"Owner states there is a clunking, clanking, rattles, loud esp.with two people in the car. Check and advise..
"Road test with shop foreman and tech. and verify. Suspension/steering NVH diagnosis. All inspections found good with no apparent problems. Contact Ford Engineering and performed multiple diagnostic procedures. Remove both fron sway links and attach chassis ears and re road test. Pinpointed noise to both front strut areas. Per hotline replace both front coil springs and strut bearings. Perform 4 wheel alignment and make adjustments. re road tested by tech and foreman--all ok. Fix verified.
Parts:
Qty 2 CV6Z-5310-A Spring-front
Qty 2 AD-1094 Bearing-front.

TSB needs to be issued ASAP....not endless threads on this forum!!! I got no resolution......dealer comment as follows -- the new ones on the lot do the same thing. Ford Engineering told the dealer there might be a TSB issued. Might.......

how long does it take Ford Engineering to figure this out.....or did they figure it out....and now they are nickel and dimeing their way through this entire fiasco....

I should have bought a HONDA CIVIC......

Ford..if you have a bad batch of struts and/or bearings etc....get the damned TSB out and quit fooling around! what this amounts to is drive to a dealer who will replace parts???? Bullkrap.......
Old 06-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #489
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97170
What I Drive: 2012, Red Candy, Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Focus eh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12FOCUS S View Post
Ford needs to come clean here. Something is not right. I have nothing resolved...

cut/paste from above post.....

"Owner states there is a clunking, clanking, rattles, loud esp.with two people in the car. Check and advise..
"Road test with shop foreman and tech. and verify. Suspension/steering NVH diagnosis. All inspections found good with no apparent problems. Contact Ford Engineering and performed multiple diagnostic procedures. Remove both fron sway links and attach chassis ears and re road test. Pinpointed noise to both front strut areas. Per hotline replace both front coil springs and strut bearings. Perform 4 wheel alignment and make adjustments. re road tested by tech and foreman--all ok. Fix verified.
Parts:
Qty 2 CV6Z-5310-A Spring-front
Qty 2 AD-1094 Bearing-front.

TSB needs to be issued ASAP....not endless threads on this forum!!! I got no resolution......dealer comment as follows -- the new ones on the lot do the same thing. Ford Engineering told the dealer there might be a TSB issued. Might.......

how long does it take Ford Engineering to figure this out.....or did they figure it out....and now they are nickel and dimeing their way through this entire fiasco....

I should have bought a HONDA CIVIC......

Ford..if you have a bad batch of struts and/or bearings etc....get the damned TSB out and quit fooling around! what this amounts to is drive to a dealer who will replace parts???? Bullkrap.......
WORD!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #490
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97170
What I Drive: 2012, Red Candy, Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Focus eh Good Standing Member
Mine got "fixed" with new springs. This was after struts, cv-joint and other assorted hardware and the noise is still there and as pronounced as ever, epically with a passenger. Not sure if the bearings were done but this is definitely due for a TSB from Ford.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.