Pro-Clip Phone Mount - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #31
wgilles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91264
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 wgilles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm not worried about mounting my phone, but this might be great for when I use my GPS. I hate having the suction cup on the window, blocks some visibility and I'm OCD and HATE the little ring it leaves on the windshield.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #32
SNAPThr0w
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93998
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 SNAPThr0w Good Standing Member
I love ProClip -- had one in my last vehicle and one of the first things I ordered for my new Focus. I went with the passenger side angle mount -- thinking the driver's side blocks "my" vent too much -- and it is perfect as far as angle and reach distance goes. Highly recommend!

Last edited by SNAPThr0w; 01-29-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #33
DailyPlanet
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89265
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Candy Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 DailyPlanet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFocus View Post
I have the left mount one as well with Garmin velcroed to it. I hard wired it next to the steering column, then behind the stereo following the steel support rod, then over to the fuse box. Hour of PITA for wiring but clean forever after.
Got any pics of the final product? I'm interested in doing this also. I wonder if I can run 2.1 amp as well... I've noticed my iphone 4s charges faster with my ipad charger.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #34
satcomtim
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99074
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE 5MT 5 door 203A

FF Reputation: 1 satcomtim Good Standing Member
I want to get the Pro-Clip passenger mount, but not the iPhone holder.

Planning on getting an iPhone 5 when they come out and dont see the need to spend the money on the iPhone 4 holder. What cheap holders are you using?
Old 06-09-2012, 02:36 AM   #35
johnevoice
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 90518
What I Drive: 2012, st grey, ti, hb, 18", moonrf

FF Reputation: 2 johnevoice Good Standing Member
I also bought the ProClip mount for my cell phone. Great solid product that doesn't mar the surface where its attached!
Moonroof, Sony MFT, sirius , navigation , 8-21-2011 DofM
Old 06-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #36
KeithLM
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83553
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 KeithLM Good Standing Member
I have a proclip in my current car and it's been pretty nice. Yes, they are pricey, but they are custom made for each car and device, so that's nice. I'm glad to see some folks here have gotten this so I know it'll fit fine in my car when I get it. Are there power outlets/cigarette lighters somewhere near the dash on the Titanium? I see getting power to it might be a nuisance.

I originally got mine to hold a Garmin, which uses a ball mount. Coincidentally my LG G2X mount uses the same size ball mount, so it mounts on there without trouble.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #37
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
I have a proclip in my current car and it's been pretty nice. Yes, they are pricey, but they are custom made for each car and device, so that's nice. I'm glad to see some folks here have gotten this so I know it'll fit fine in my car when I get it. Are there power outlets/cigarette lighters somewhere near the dash on the Titanium? I see getting power to it might be a nuisance.

I originally got mine to hold a Garmin, which uses a ball mount. Coincidentally my LG G2X mount uses the same size ball mount, so it mounts on there without trouble.
I mounted my ProClip at the passenger side center vent location. I then pulled up my shifter boot and ran the power for my Garmin nuvi 2555LMT to the accessory plug in the back seat of my Ti. Tucked all the cords under the console, you can't see the power except for the little bit that exits the top right corner of the shifter boot, and the plug in the back of the console. Just me and the wife, no backseat passengers. Cell charger can be plugged in at the cupholder 12V source between the butt warmer controls. GPS is powered by accesory power, which shuts off after car is off for a bit. No other power needed yet.

I'm going to get the new OBDII power connector for my Valentine One, so it will be nicely integrated as well.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 06-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #38
wantz12
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89237
What I Drive: 2012 White FF Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 wantz12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethpickle View Post
Guys... ProClips has a third mount for the 2012 Focus that goes on the A-pillar.

http://www.proclipusa.com/brodit-veh...621-13344.aspx

Isn't there an airbag in there? I like this location the best. It's high and closer to line of sight (no looking down). It's also not blocking the vents. I just want to make sure I'm not setting up a super-projectile for when the curtain air-bags deploy.

I've used pro clips before on my Murano with mixed results. The first clip I got was like the vent clips but grabbed onto the Murano's radio bezel. It really wasn't stable, but also didn't have much meat to grab onto. I replaced it with a bolt-on mount which was rock solid. Looking at this a-pillar mount for the focus, I think it's got a much better chance of being solid as you can get grip around either side of that trim.
This is the one I'd get. I've got one that suctions to the window and places it within finger tip reach, and it works wonderfully.
HN #167
Old 06-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #39
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantz12 View Post
This is the one I'd get. I've got one that suctions to the window and places it within finger tip reach, and it works wonderfully.
That A pillar is a loooong way from the drivers seat, just sayin'...
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 07-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #40
Citoriplus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100455
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Citoriplus Good Standing Member
I'm sorry I didn't see this thread before I bought my Pro-Clip.
I had one in my last car (Ranger) and loved it.
But I mistakenly bought the one for the drivers side vent and with my TOMTOM GPS installed there is very little room for your fingers.
I keep hitting it and sometimes knocking the GPS out of its mounting.
Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and get the passengers side vent version.
IMHO this one may not even be safe because it gets in the way too often.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->