2012 with 175whp - Page 8 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #71
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything
 
kylesvt720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51359
Location: Lake Orion, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Posts: 11,121
Points 10,778, Level 68
Points: 10,778, Level: 68 Points: 10,778, Level: 68 Points: 10,778, Level: 68
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Right, so why argue the estimated crank numbers as you did in post #53? Your method of calculation is equally as bogus as FocusBoy58s--by assuming that Ford numbers are correct, rather than assuming a typical parasitic loss, as FocusBoy58 was. You were willing at that point to estimate without putting it on an engine dyno.

My point was that he can't really go around saying he has a 200hp focus, because there is no way of proving it. The only proof available based on what facts we have, is that is is making 190chp. End of story.
__________________
Jeremy Clarkson on Detroit: “God may have created the world in six days, but while he was resting on the seventh, Beelzebub popped up and did this place.”


ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
kylesvt720 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #72
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96374
Location: St. Paul, MN
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

Posts: 684
Points 854, Level 15
Points: 854, Level: 15 Points: 854, Level: 15 Points: 854, Level: 15
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 amoosenamedhank Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
I don't want it to be up to the opinion of the service person but I figure an exhaust and intake isn't very intrusive and really isn't altering the mechanics of the car but those mods are a few months away. Rims,tint and a rear spoiler are first.
I can see them coming up with some obscure reason why an intake has caused an issue... the exhaust is a tough one. Especially if it's just a CBE.
__________________
What's that?? You'd like an eco-tune...
amoosenamedhank is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #73
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic
 
mac.mogul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90409
Location: Wichita, KS
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

Posts: 3,763
Points 3,865, Level 39
Points: 3,865, Level: 39 Points: 3,865, Level: 39 Points: 3,865, Level: 39
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
There are A LOT of moving parts going on throughout your drivetrain... please don't concern yourself with whether your alternator is 'engaged' or not.
Sorry, I should point out I'm not an idiot and I realize accessories don't affect drivetrain, I'm just curious if the new Focus is padding its own dyno results by creating an unrealistic environment for itself.
__________________
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
mac.mogul is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #74
turbo2300
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98088
Location: northampton, PA
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Sedan

Posts: 32
FF Reputation: 1 turbo2300 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just burned my tounge
turbo2300 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #75
misfire
Moderator
 
misfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Fan#: 31379
Location: West Chester, PA
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

Posts: 16,102
Points 16,887, Level 83
Points: 16,887, Level: 83 Points: 16,887, Level: 83 Points: 16,887, Level: 83
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusBoy58 View Post
Its the Moment of Truth. I really look forward to seeing how much power this car makes.
NICE!!!!


side note:

when did you move to town??

we just had a GTG in philly this past Saturday night
__________________
Will aka Misfire
2003 LX "traded in"/2010 SES "traded in"/2012 SEL Hatch "current"
misfire is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #76
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend
 
TboneZX3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90494
Location: Jackson, MO
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

Posts: 2,179
Points 1,277, Level 19
Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
My point was that he can't really go around saying he has a 200hp focus, because there is no way of proving it. The only proof available based on what facts we have, is that is is making 190chp. End of story.
If that was your point, you could have just stated that point. You were estimating further than the facts you had, just as FocusBoy58 was until post #67.
__________________
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
TboneZX3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #77
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic
 
RonMaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99230
Location: Littleton, CO
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Posts: 4,112
Points 4,132, Level 40
Points: 4,132, Level: 40 Points: 4,132, Level: 40 Points: 4,132, Level: 40
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm just glad others are willing to experiment for us shlubs that are too scared too on a new car and it's nice to see proven ponies and even "just" 190hp in a Focus still raises eyebrows of it's competition.

I do have Cobb tuner on my Subi with 5000 miles but I won't touch (or need to) anything else on this car.
__________________
'12 Focus Red Candy SE Sport 5 spd
'99 Toyota 4Runner Sport
'11 Subaru WRX STI Hatch
RonMaiden is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #78
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything
 
kylesvt720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51359
Location: Lake Orion, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Posts: 11,121
Points 10,778, Level 68
Points: 10,778, Level: 68 Points: 10,778, Level: 68 Points: 10,778, Level: 68
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
If that was your point, you could have just stated that point instead of calculating bogus numbers.
Bogus numbers? I calculated the most accurate numbers possible, based on the facts we have. Can you calculate something more accurate?
__________________
Jeremy Clarkson on Detroit: “God may have created the world in six days, but while he was resting on the seventh, Beelzebub popped up and did this place.”


ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
kylesvt720 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #79
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend
 
TboneZX3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90494
Location: Jackson, MO
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

Posts: 2,179
Points 1,277, Level 19
Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
Bogus numbers? I calculated the most accurate numbers possible, based on the facts we have. Can you calculate something more accurate?
No, I can't. But FocusBoy58 was calculating numbers as accurate as yours, and you didn't like his numbers! Why bother calculating equally inaccurate numbers when you know the only accurate numbers come from an engine dyno? Because, after all, that was you point all along, right?

You are assuming that Ford's stated hp is what you would get in an actual test on an engine dyno.
FocusBoy58 was assuming a % parasitic loss.

What makes one assumption more accurate than another?
__________________
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
TboneZX3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #80
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything
 
kylesvt720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51359
Location: Lake Orion, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Posts: 11,121
Points 10,778, Level 68
Points: 10,778, Level: 68 Points: 10,778, Level: 68 Points: 10,778, Level: 68
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
No, I can't. But FocusBoy58 was calculating numbers as accurate as yours, and you didn't like his numbers! Why bother calculating equally inaccurate numbers when you know the only accurate numbers come from an engine dyno? Because, after all, that was you point all along, right?
That's false. I suggest you avoid practicing law, as you wouldn't fair very well. Also avoid engineering fields, as you would fair poorly on making conclusions based on the facts at hand.
__________________
Jeremy Clarkson on Detroit: “God may have created the world in six days, but while he was resting on the seventh, Beelzebub popped up and did this place.”


ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
kylesvt720 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Cadillac ATS-V, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.