My Ford Touch Thread - Page 181 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #1801
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul21 View Post
I made it to the dealer today to have 11A03 installed. So far I'm not liking it.

What? You don't like that look in the entertainment quad? In Ford's world that is called an "upgrade".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #1802
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
Heh. I had that problem, followed by all the numbers disappearing completely. This was day 2 of the forced update, and the numbers never came back. It's in for another fix now.

Also, I can't be bothered to pull fuses and such... that isn't normal operation on a brand new car, after paying around $1500 for MFT + Nav... Ford needs to deal with it, in my opinion.
Use the delayedreboot.cab, it takes less then 1 minute. I've never pulled a fuse or did a master reset. It's a quick way to fix a lot of issues. Rest assured that Ford is dealing with it.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #1803
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
His word's were: ''Expect the wallpaper option to come back eventually, like it was before'' He explained to me that this was and still is, a popular MFT options that was taken away with V3.0, as you know it.

As for when it will be available and how it will be done...I don't know. He just told me that Ford will bring it back like it was before, some time in the future.

He explained to me that his dealer used the ''old wallpaper option'' (before v3.0) to show a picture of the dealership with all the contacts infos, such as tel number, emails, toll free, road assistance etc...I think it was a clever idea, but since V3.0, your wallpaper gets cluthered with the 4 quadrant and you cant really see in the back ground, so he stopped using it that way.
I love this story. Especially considering I and several other early v3 updaters complained about this feature going missing...and got flamed by some for whining about a "very minor" feature loss.

Headline: "New v3 MFT prevents dealer marketing scheme"
Old 06-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #1804
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Use the delayedreboot.cab, it takes less then 1 minute. I've never pulled a fuse or did a master reset. It's a quick way to fix a lot of issues. Rest assured that Ford is dealing with it.
I would, except that I would rather the dealer deal with it. Just because I'm capable of downloading some software off the internet to fix it, doesn't mean it's something I should do. Many owners are not able to do such things, and it isn't normal behaviour. If people don't take it to the dealer, then they aren't aware of how messed up the system is.

Also, I know it isn't likely, but if they ever decided that having used the delayed reboot software from the internet somehow voids warranty on the MFT system, I would be screwed because it's bound to break continuously throughout ownership, unless they manage some miraculous software update.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #1805
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
This is interesting. I just got my car back from having the transmission and brake software updates applied and the tech told me they updated the MFT too. Great, but I already did that AND reported it way back when it first hit the web. Odd. At any rate I seem to have album art back on my zune. I still get the same quirky problems as everyone else though.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #1806
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
I agree. Can FordIVTeam chime in on this? If not chime in, maybe they can pass along word that we might need a fresh install of MFT for it to function properly.

Installing software over existing software is almost always a bad idea. If only "master reset" was doing exactly that, we probably wouldn't have most of these issues.
Hi, WizeGuyDezignz -

I've passed this information along to our engineering team. As I obtained to information, I'll share it with all of you.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 06-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #1807
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
I'm driving a Taurus rental with MFT3 this week, and I've observed that the hideous new screens and the missing phone and audio info in the corners are somewhat less objectionable when you have the secondary instrument panel screen there to pick up the slack. Makes me wonder if any of the developers (or those thousands of alleged beta testers) ever tried MFT3 in a Focus.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #1808
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC View Post
I'm driving a Taurus rental with MFT3 this week, and I've observed that the hideous new screens and the missing phone and audio info in the corners are somewhat less objectionable when you have the secondary instrument panel screen there to pick up the slack. Makes me wonder if any of the developers (or those thousands of alleged beta testers) ever tried MFT3 in a Focus.
You know what, that's actually a legitimate piece of logic right there.

I still maintain that we got kind of screwed with the handicap-accessible update of MFT... I know they're just trying to listen to the old/blind/clueless who bought something and can't use it, but it still would have been nice to have the option to retain that information. But what's done is done, I suppose.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #1809
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
You know what, that's actually a legitimate piece of logic right there.

I still maintain that we got kind of screwed with the handicap-accessible update of MFT... I know they're just trying to listen to the old/blind/clueless who bought something and can't use it, but it still would have been nice to have the option to retain that information. But what's done is done, I suppose.
Most responses from Ford (in personal communications and on here) seem to refer directly to non-Focus vehicles (the cluster display, buttons, etc...), so I have to wonder if there isn't some/a lot of truth to this.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #1810
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
I would, except that I would rather the dealer deal with it. Just because I'm capable of downloading some software off the internet to fix it, doesn't mean it's something I should do. Many owners are not able to do such things, and it isn't normal behaviour. If people don't take it to the dealer, then they aren't aware of how messed up the system is.

Also, I know it isn't likely, but if they ever decided that having used the delayed reboot software from the internet somehow voids warranty on the MFT system, I would be screwed because it's bound to break continuously throughout ownership, unless they manage some miraculous software update.
Just trying to help. The delayedreboot.cab originally came from Ford to address some issues very early on.

Bookmarks & Social Networks