SYNC System Thread - Page 14 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #131
scottjl
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86588
What I Drive: 2012 StrlGry 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 1 scottjl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
How do I get 3.1.1? I'm stil on 3.0.2. syncmyride.com does not list any updates (nor was I notified in email that there even was an update).
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #132
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
How do I get 3.1.1? I'm stil on 3.0.2. syncmyride.com does not list any updates (nor was I notified in email that there even was an update).
3.1.1 is for Sync-only cars. Do you have MFT (I'm guessing you do with the version you list)? 3.0.2 is the latest MFT version.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #133
scottjl
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86588
What I Drive: 2012 StrlGry 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 1 scottjl Good Standing Member
ah. yeah. MFT here (and hate it). thanks! my mistake reading sync and thinking MFT Sync.. guess i still have to put up with the bugs!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #134
squack
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99512
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 squack Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by norco View Post
I've only had my 2012 Focus (Sedan) for 2 days and am already having issues with Sync (non MFT).

I had my phone and ipod synced up and everything was working great day 1, unfortunatly day 2 when I push the sync button on the wheel, or the phone and aux button on the center channel nothing is happening.

I am not getting the voice to make a command or the phone.aux menus when i select them.

Since I cannot access the menus, I am unable to do a master reset of the Ford Sync, so I tried unplugging the Sync Fuse in the Fuse box. I did this twice and it did not resolve my problem.

Other then taking it to the dealer, is there any way to fix this? Is it possible i screwed up some of my settings somehow or am I already going to have to make a trip to get service?

Thanks,

Norco
I just got my SEL last week, and it's been great overall, and SYNC too has worked reasonably for the most part, but not always. 70% of the time I use the car, SYNC works as it should, and I'm happy with it.

About 30% of the time I start the car, it randomly decides to switch to radio even though it was in iPod USB mode before. Just as with Norco, it refuses to switch to USB mode when I press the button for it, and the Sync voice commands don't work (the steering wheel sync paddle does nothing in those cases). Sometimes, after a minute, SYNC starts working, and I can use the buttons or voice commands to go back to the iPod through USB.

Today, I noticed another glitch. As before, it chose to randomly switch to radio when I started the car, voice commands quit, and the Aux button did nothing. Then, after about 30 seconds, SYNC started to work properly. Then, when I turned the engine off, the audio started stuttering and glitching. Then I started the car again, and the glitchy stuttering continued for about 6 seconds, then it came back to its senses and started working properly again.

My car is brand new, has all the latest updates (3.1.1), and I find this unreliability of the sync system quite disappointing, even though it is very nifty and nice when it works. I thought I had escaped problems by avoiding MFT, though it seems the regular SYNC needs significant work too.

Any suggestions on how to improve this? How are your cars doing?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #135
slam666
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99808
What I Drive: Ford Focus Titanium Hatch 2012 Red

FF Reputation: 1 slam666 Good Standing Member
Samsung Galaxy SII Rogers

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII from Rogers and I am having problem with the bluetooth, it connect ok, transfer phonebook but then every few minutes it disconnect then reconnect and it does that over and over. Anyone have a fix for that?

Thanks.

I have a Ford Focus Titanium 2012 brand new, got it friday.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #136
thunderwoof
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99778
What I Drive: 2012 SEL white platinum hatch 303A

FF Reputation: 1 thunderwoof Good Standing Member
Hi All. New focus owner for 2 days . This morning I activated my sync account through syncmyride.com
I'd like to know how the sync account can be de-activated? For instance, when you sell the car (or at the end of a lease), how do you make sure the new owner doesn't have access to your personal info stored in your sync account?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #137
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

Points 1,277, Level 19
Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderwoof View Post
Hi All. New focus owner for 2 days . This morning I activated my sync account through syncmyride.com
I'd like to know how the sync account can be de-activated? For instance, when you sell the car (or at the end of a lease), how do you make sure the new owner doesn't have access to your personal info stored in your sync account?
What personal information is stored in your SYNC account, and how could that information be accessed through the car's interface?

I would think that all you would have to do is disconnect your phone and clear the address book. That information isn't stored in your account.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #138
thunderwoof
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99778
What I Drive: 2012 SEL white platinum hatch 303A

FF Reputation: 1 thunderwoof Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
What personal information is stored in your SYNC account, and how could that information be accessed through the car's interface?

I would think that all you would have to do is disconnect your phone and clear the address book. That information isn't stored in your account.
How will the next owner register with the same VIN number if it's already linked to my number? Just wanna make sure there's no risk of someone else accessing my info after the lease is up.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #139
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

Points 1,277, Level 19
Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderwoof View Post
How will the next owner register with the same VIN number if it's already linked to my number? Just wanna make sure there's no risk of someone else accessing my info after the lease is up.
Again I ask: What info is in your account that you're trying to protect?

I don't know how you will remove your VIN from your SYNC account, but I don't see how anyone would be able to access personal information from your account if you don't.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #140
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
When my car got back from dealership my MFT setting were off so I guess they did some resets cause my power windows needed to be reset too but anyways my bluetooth phone wont show the phonebook anymore. I reconnecting phone completely did the phonebook download and still nothing. Worked fine before but now I just get the number instead of name when someone calls.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.