Mazda3-5 MS3 MotorMounts Fit 2012 Focus - Page 21 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #201
andcool69
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90504
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus

FF Reputation: 1 andcool69 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ok here we go!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And I also removed the triangle bracket the mount attaches to. That was held on by 3 bolts but after removing them it made getting the mount out very easy.

Take the silver bolt and the black bolt out here, that will loosen the stock mount.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Like I said earlier the bolts were not the same. The stock one was a different thread/pitch. The bolt I used in the mazda mount was a 12x1.25 (not sure of the length but as long as it threads through the mazda mount it will work).

After taking it for a spin I honestly didn't feel any extra vibrations. When the car was idling it felt like stock. When driving it did give a more connected feel, it is hard to explain. One thing I did notice was (and this will sound CRAZY ) but the steeda intake got louder! I have no idea why or if it is me, but me and a friend both noticed it. The engine is much louder and sounds different. I do have a before and after video I will upload and post a link to.

If I missed anything let me know! Enjoy!
http://andcool69.blogspot.com/?view=sidebar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #202
Bwill9886
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93444
What I Drive: 2013 Rallye Red Civic Si

FF Reputation: 2 Bwill9886 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Thanks for those pics andcool69!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #203
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I just got my mount in today, went to buy the bolt/washer. This is when I noticed that the replacement bolt does not have the same outside diameter as the non-threaded side of the motor mounts inside diameter.

After getting home I pulled up this thread and looked at the picture...I can't believe I didn't notice that the factory Ford bolt is shouldered. Either way, over time this can cause an issue as the mount can end up cutting through the bolt (or vice-verso). Being in with Jeepers, this is relatively common for people who quick-pin their front sway bar for easy fun.

I don't know how long it would take before that could occur, but I'm curious if the MS3 owners have a stock MS3 bolt for access/comparison to the stock Ford bolt. I can fab a bushing at work for my car, but thought this info may benefit others whom have already done the swap.

I guess I should clarify, I'm curious as to how far the shoulder goes on the stock MS3 bolt. I wouldn't imagine that it is shouldered farther than the stock Focus bolt, but it could go to the threads.

Edit: I just took it for a test drive, no clunk or noise. I will probably check the bolt in 1000 miles to see if anything seems amiss.

But I took it for a test drive and wow! With the DCT and running 91 octane, this thing idles like glass! Shifts were noticeably more firm and seemed quicker. I can't imagine that they were quicker, maybe the power was more quickly transferred, idk. Not trying to make a ton out of this, but this was easily the best $45 I've spent on the car.

Last edited by dyn085; 06-06-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #204
currentlyabsent
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89781
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 0 currentlyabsent Newbie
installed my streetunit mount today.http://www.streetunit.com/MAZDASPEED..._p/sum3amm.htm
got it with a "street" urethane bushing.

install was a breeze all tho i installed it upside down as it fit easier that way, i realize its going to cost me some strength with the way its designed but i think it will be fine.

shifts are smoother for sure,i have to give it more gas when taking off than i have been used to as it vibrated allot otherwise.

it does not vibrate at idle.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #205
Fringe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95955
What I Drive: 2012 SE 5DR Sport 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 Fringe Good Standing Member
I have my mount in but had the dealer order the bolt since the local fastener shop didn't have the hardened variety in stock and I didn't want to drive to another location. Will be next week before I get the MS3 mount installed now.... hoping I get rid of that feeling where it feels like the car is trying to climb over the engine on shifts...
Old 06-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #206
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96374
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 amoosenamedhank Good Standing Member
Not sure if anyone else has experience this.... but before the MS3 mount I couldn't get any traction loss between 1-2 gear. Now with a hard shift I can bark them. Just shows you how much less I'm losing through engine movement.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #207
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE sport

FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I've had that promblem before the mount lol
Old 06-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #208
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDFOCZ View Post
I've had that promblem before the mount lol
You HAZ MORE POAWER.... I'm stock as can be.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #209
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE sport

FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Don't know what your talking about
Old 06-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #210
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDFOCZ View Post
Don't know what your talking about
I know you're next move is a header.... but I would love to see what your setup will make tuned. For my intentions for this car, I think that's the perfect mix.

Bookmarks & Social Networks