The Nor*Cal B.S. Thread - Page 887 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > South West Fanatics > Fanatics: NorCal

Fanatics: NorCal Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Northern California area.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #8861
DareDevil03
Across the Pond

Fan#: 13938
What I Drive: 2001 Nissan Primera (UK Spec)

FF Reputation: 1 DareDevil03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Finally found out where I'm going after Korea. I'm going to England. Now I need to sell the Focus. Sadness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2012, 04:48 AM   #8862
joshuaaturner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85269
What I Drive: 2k4 D23 ZX5 "Scout"

FF Reputation: 1 joshuaaturner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
Hey whats up Josh? ^^^^
How's it goin Bruce? What are you doing 'round these parts? I just got a F2 header from Gold Coast Automotive. You know anybody with a F2 flex pipe they want to get rid of?

Here's some stuff I've been up to:

Tracking down a fault in the passenger Air Bag system.

This is the only pedal I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareDevil03 View Post
Finally found out where I'm going after Korea. I'm going to England. Now I need to sell the Focus. Sadness.
It sucks that the military will only ship one car for free.

Last edited by joshuaaturner; 05-28-2012 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Wrong Pic
Old 05-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #8863
fociboy03
Focus Addict

Fan#: 64751
What I Drive: 02 Dtec 2.3 zx3 and 03 dtec 2.3 se

FF Reputation: 7 fociboy03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
look at your cheeez ball grin i would haul my car everywhere they sent me if i had to pay for it or just pay for storage in a secure location. i love my car too much right now to get rid of it. lol
Old 05-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #8864
DareDevil03
Across the Pond

Yeah. It hurts to sell it, but I've had some interest in it already. The person who is interested owned a standard Focus before and since has wanted an SVT after he sold his.

Shipping a car overseas is more than I can afford right now. I would be draining every account I have in order to get it there. And storing it for the next 5 years would cost just as much as the car is worth.

Though, I will act as a parts finder if anyone wants anything when I get there.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #8865
joshuaaturner
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fociboy03 View Post
look at your cheeez ball grin
What can I say, I'm a happy guy and I love to work on my Foci.

Quote:
Though, I will act as a parts finder if anyone wants anything when I get there.
I'll definitely stay in touch with you then. I'd like some standard, factory Euro bumpers for the Mark I. I think "shaving" the bumpers back really make the car look tighter and more aggressive.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #8866
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Going where there is lots & lots of Foci speed parts!

Quote:
Wow, going where they have a lot of speed parts for Foci's huh^^^^. If you can checkout Burton's power & there are lots & lots of others too. & Caterham's=awesome. If you like your car, try & store it at your parents or brothers/ sisters house.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 05-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #8867
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Just trying to figure out 'bout escape manifold's.

[QUOTE=joshuaaturner;4187248]How's it goin Bruce? What are you doing 'round these parts? I just got a F2 header from Gold Coast Automotive. You know anybody with a F2 flex pipe they want to get rid of?

I'm checking out escape manifolds= I pulled the actuatvor off= below the TB & tie wrapped the tumble flaps open a few weeks ago, & my car runs a lot smoother now. So I'm trying to figure out if I want to pull the manifold off & pull the shaft & flaps out & plug the holes or get a escape manifold since they don't have imrc= aka tumble flaps, but still has the imtv. & I'd also like to add either the Roush side skirts or Wingswest set. I'm waiting on my new c/c, since it expires in june. No problem should be here any time thou. F2 header huh? I've seen F2 side skirts too, thou's would be cool to have too. So you found a F2 header w/o the flex huh? Would the obx or Fwerk's work?
Old 05-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #8868
DareDevil03
Across the Pond

Quote:
Wow, going where they have a lot of speed parts for Foci's huh^^^^. If you can checkout Burton's power & there are lots & lots of others too. & Caterham's=awesome. If you like your car, try & store it at your parents or brothers/ sisters house.
I will try to find a Focus while I'm there to drive. Right hand drive of course.

I will try to find any and all parts that you want, and get you a quote and such.

As far as storing it at a family members house, no one has room. I've checked. Who knows, maybe there will be an RS or Rousch model available when I get back.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #8869
joshuaaturner
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:

I'm checking out escape manifolds= I pulled the actuatvor off= below the TB & tie wrapped the tumble flaps open a few weeks ago, & my car runs a lot smoother now. So I'm trying to figure out if I want to pull the manifold off & pull the shaft & flaps out & plug the holes or get a escape manifold since they don't have imrc= aka tumble flaps, but still has the imtv. & I'd also like to add either the Roush side skirts or Wingswest set. I'm waiting on my new c/c, since it expires in june. No problem should be here any time thou. F2 header huh? I've seen F2 side skirts too, thou's would be cool to have too. So you found a F2 header w/o the flex huh? Would the obx or Fwerk's work?
You've been working on that for a while now right? When you get a 100% solution, let me know. I'm over 90k now and I don't want a tumble flap to come flying into a cylinder someday.

I still like the Roush skirts.

I'm not sure if the OBX or FSWerks flex pipes would work with the F2. I'm pretty sure the FSWerks won't work b/c they come in ATX and MTX versions and the F2 had one part that was good for both. I'd rather find an F2 or have a muffler shop make me one. I called All American in Salinas but they wanted to charge me $140 for a flex pipe with two flanges welded on the ends so I can bolt it up. I don't want to weld the header-flex pipe-exhaust together. I want to be able to take it apart in case I get stationed in TX again and I have to pass smog.

Anybody know a place within 60 miles of Monterey?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #8870
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Wingswesst side skirts on the way

[QUOTE=joshuaaturner;4193857]You've been working on that for a while now right? When you get a 100% solution, let me know. I'm over 90k now and I don't want a tumble flap to come flying into a cylinder someday.

I still like the Roush skirts. Do you still like them @ 184.00 a side?

I'm not sure if the OBX or FSWerks flex pipes would work with the F2. I'm pretty sure the FSWerks won't work b/c they come in ATX and MTX versions and the F2 had one part that was good for both. I'd rather find an F2 or have a muffler shop make me one. I called All American in Salinas but they wanted to charge me $140 for a flex pipe with two flanges welded on the ends so I can bolt it up. I don't want to weld the header-flex pipe-exhaust together. I want to be able to take it apart in case I get stationed in TX again and I have to pass smog.

I believe the mtx cars= the motor is placed more forward & lower then the atx cars, hence the different lenghts of flex pipes. If your fairley close to Fwerk's, I'd check them out & go there. I got my new c/c & ordered a set of wingswest skirt's for 249.00 shipped. I like the Roush ones but $368.00 plus shipping is pretty much out for me. I still have more on my plate= Deal w/ this intake manifold, Finding a set of rear SVT caliper brackets & sometime down the road figure out what Exdy clutch to go w/= the stage one or the oem replacement. My clutch is still good, thats why I'm not in a hurry. I'd just like to ditch the dual mass flywheel setup. I wonder what the SVT guys do, as far as that goes? Maybe they need the dmf for a little more give & longevity, to help the getrag live perhaps.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
california, california focus, nor cal, nor cal focus