DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 118 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #1171
bobakman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89045
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 bobakman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEREKC View Post
If you plug your VIN into ETIS, what TSBs/FSAs/Recalls are shown? The dealer should be performing this tasks, which I am certain will resolve the issue.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegS...05C4.eccvas503
I had all the latest TSB's applied on 05/24/2012. While I was driving out of the dealership the transmission shifted so hard it felt like someone hit me from behind it actually made a "bang" sound. I saw the mileage in was the same as the mileage out and went back to talk to the shop foreman and asked why they did not perform the re-learn drive and he stated to me that "Those tables were not erased in the update and it did not need to be done" I drove away and the car for two days shifted harsh and erratically and on the third day it smoothed out. The car still intermittently will roll backwards on an incline though most of the time it does not. The transmission still sounds like a bucket of marbles until the clutches engage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #1172
jimfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 69155
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 jimfocus Good Standing Member
I had the customer satisfaction campaign and the wiper seal recall done Wed (5/30). I had no problem with the transmission although it does seem smoother and more responsive now. I brought it in because I had the wiper recall and I feared the denial of warranty on the trans if you don't get this update threat. They checked the pass. side wiper and I did need the seal (very early 4/11 build date).
Old 06-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #1173
bobakman
Focus Enthusiast

Ditto to today's visit see invoice below. Sounds are a normal characteristic of the transmission. If so I can't help to wonder why some on this forum do not have these sounds coming from their transmissions.
I have asked the regional customer service rep. to look into providing me a detailed technical explanation as to the actual source of the sounds and why my transmission did not make them just after my purchase. I can understand servo motor sounds we all hear them occasionally in our PC hard drives it should be distinct from gear or clutch plate slapping sounds or in a hard drive the "click of death". Just give me a proper explanation not a generic "it's normal".

Old 06-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #1174
bobakman
Focus Enthusiast

Interesting Video. Perhaps these noises are in fact "Normal". I just wish that they would have provided sample signatures of the actual noises.
So Ford has put information out there but the dealers and customer service folks are not apparently in the "loop" Good Communication would have helped greatly here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX1DN...eature=related
Old 06-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #1175
JL330
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99616
What I Drive: 2012 silver focus S

FF Reputation: 1 JL330 Good Standing Member
I got my first noise today at 129 miles of fairly spirited driving. I hope this stops, it sounds like others described it as marbles.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #1176
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
I recommended that you verify Etis because if the TSB/FSA/Recall is still listed it means that they did not perform the update. Now you are saying that the shifts are hard and that they car still rolls back, so that means that the dealer did not perform the FSA because the car does not do this after the FSA is applied.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #1177
Timthom62
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97579
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy 5-Door SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 5 Timthom62 Good Standing Member
Quote:
I recommended that you verify Etis because if the TSB/FSA/Recall is still listed it means that they did not perform the update. Now you are saying that the shifts are hard and that they car still rolls back, so that means that the dealer did not perform the FSA because the car does not do this after the FSA is applied.
I don't know the process that the dealers use to update Oasis/Etis, but in my case it took just over two weeks for FSA 12B37 to clear from Etis.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #1178
bobakman
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
All TSB's have been applied this is the only thing showing up in ETIS:"Outstanding Field Service Actions
12M01 - RRANTY EXTENSION"
Shifting has smoothed out greatly but roll back is still happening now and again.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #1179
halfmoonclip
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87235
What I Drive: '12 Ingot Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 halfmoonclip Good Standing Member
I haven't waded back thru' 100 pages, but had the reflash done last week. HUGE improvement in responsiveness, smoothness and general driveability.
I've noticed the 'brake release' thing on several starts, tho' as an old manual guy, I was in the habit of 'off the brake and on the gas' PDQ, so it wasn't an issue.
Really a huge improvement IMHO.
Of course, my dealer being my dealer, he didn't have the parts for the wiper work, so I'll need to make another trip.
Moon
ETA-
Didn't check the miles coming and going, but mine drove just fine right off the lot after the work was done.
My around town gas mileage does not seem diminished by the changes.
M
Old 06-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #1180
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Same here, improvement with shift transparency.

Rollback never bothered me coming from years of manuals, I always took it up with throttle, instinctively.

Honestly, I don't know if rollback has been eliminated. Never paid any attention!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->