My Ford Touch Thread - Page 177 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #1761
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
With that being said, I've seen people say that they are going to trade or sell the car because of these issues.

With that being said, I completely agree that MFT should work as advertised and it shouldn't have this many issues. On the flip side, I think it's rash to want to dump the car because of it. It's obviously a software issue and Ford has already released an "update" once. Who says they won't do it again and possibly clear all of the issues up? If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Ford tech person from this forum say that they are indeed working on an update?

Fortunately I haven't had a fraction of the issues with MFT that some people are reporting here. But I also understand that the issues are real.
I wouldn't say I want to dump it over this, too much to like in other areas. Handles like a dream, IA keyless entry, and various other positives. Ford has actually released other updates though. You have one advantage in that what you have is what you know. For some of us, we consider this a step back appearance-wise, which is of course a matter of opinion, and a step back functionality-wise, which is a matter of fact. Another advantage you have is that your version was installed cleanly and shipped on your car from the plant.

When I first joined this forum I was awaiting my Focus. During that time several current owners received the update from version 2.10 to 2.11. Mine was in the time frame where 2.11 was what was installed at the plant. Mine was far less problematic than others on here were seeing, but again, it was a clean install at the plant. Some people installed 2.11 over 2.10 and it was fine but some people had a world of problems after 2.11 was installed over 2.10. Same seems to apply to the new version installed over 2.11. A lot of people are reporting it is fine and as you can see from this thread, several of us are having problems. I happened to land in that unfortunate minority this time. At first I was not happy with the look and loss of functionality in regard to the system but as time went on, I quickly realized that I wouldn't even care about that anymore if I could just get it back up to the level it was functioning at before the update.

I am working with the dealership and they have tried some things which didn't work. It is there now for an interface module replacement. If this doesn't work I don't what the next step is.

As you didn't have 2.11 you don't really know and believe me, I am not saying it was problem-free. It had its quirks/crashes/etc. but hell, at least it looked prettier when it was crashing compared to how this one looks when it is crashing :)

Ford also, quite frankly, put a lot of marketing muscle behind this and talked about how it was a faster, more reliable, better, more stable system so they kind of set themselves up for a lot of the vitriol thrown in their direction. They talked about how they were actually using beta-testers and placing it real-world employee cars for feedback and fixes before releasing it. Look through the thread, even people that had better luck with their update than me are seeing the same things - randomly changing audio sources, information disappearing, radio station frequencies not showing up in the buttons, overlapping text, and so on and so on. Not quite sure what these beta-testers were doing.

So, rant over and again, no, I'd rather not ditch a car with so many other positives over this but if they (Ford) can't get me back having it work at least as well as it did before, I don't know....
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #1762
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC View Post
It sure does. This morning I listened to a podcast over Bluetooth for most of my morning commute, then switched to the iPod over USB when that ended. The iPod resumed right where it left off last night (after I pressed the giant play button, that is; I mentioned earlier in the thread that autoplay doesn't work) in the middle of track 26 of 28.
I envy you. I like the song #busbros, but not nearly enough to listen to it EVERY SINGLE TIME I start my car (after 10 seconds or so because it first decides to randomly select an input on start and then switches to my USB drive). Well, I shouldn't say every time. Every once in a while it decides it wants to play The Itch. So...I guess that's a feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like this car is getting a bad rap because of the MFT issues that people are experiencing? I understand the transmission was also an issue for a while, but that seems to have been mostly addressed. And of course a percentage of people will have problems completely aside from MFT or the transmission, but that's true with any car.

With that being said, I've seen people say that they are going to trade or sell the car because of these issues. Call me unreasonable, but I think that's crazy. Unless people just have a whole lot more money than I do to dump a sub 1-year old car.

With that being said, I completely agree that MFT should work as advertised and it shouldn't have this many issues. On the flip side, I think it's rash to want to dump the car because of it. It's obviously a software issue and Ford has already released an "update" once. Who says they won't do it again and possibly clear all of the issues up? If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Ford tech person from this forum say that they are indeed working on an update?
I personally am looking into possibly dumping my car (every so often I will do some research on one car or another), but I won't say that I am 100% going to do it due to the monetary hit it would be and the hope that it might get better in the future. I've set a rule for myself that I will have to keep it for at least a minimum of 1 year (6 months to go). I would say far and away MFT is the driving force behind that, but the level of service I have received from my local Ford dealership doesn't help either (when I had their salesman outright lying to me and then calling me 16 times in the span of 5 days after I stated I didn't want the car they showed me, I knew I wouldn't be buying the car there, but I should have just completely ignored them even for service. Probably wouldn't have been without my car for 2 weeks for the steering TSB if I had gone somewhere else).

If I had opted not to get MFT (which I probably would have just chosen a different car entirely at that point because MFT was a big selling point for me, honestly) I would probably be a lot happier with my car. Not perfectly happy, but nowhere near as upset with it. If I had to state an overall feeling that leads me to possibly thinking about dropping it in the future it would have to be inconsistency. I wouldn't have a problem if the car acted in a somewhat consistent way (be it the random acceleration hesitations, how MFT functions, my cruise control deciding it wants to read my button press as set instead of increment speed at random times, the shuddering of the transmission - granted that one is more consistent than most things, etc., etc.)

Would I actively tell people to avoid this car just because of the issues I have had? No, not really. I chose this car after looking at others for a number of reasons, it's not like Ford forced me to buy it. I know there are many people on here who are perfectly happy with their cars and I really do feel that my experience with most of the things falls within the minority (although I have no clue how big that minority is). The fact is, however, that I am experiencing these things and would be much happier if that wasn't the case. As so far waiting and/or involving my dealership(s) has proven to be less than fruitful, and in fact stressful at many times, I have to figure out if the monetary hit is worth the relieving of the headaches/risk of trading them for an all new set. At the end of the day I really just want to not drive to and from work wondering what new and interesting thing my car is going to present me with today.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #1763
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

Points 491, Level 9
Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
I envy you. I like the song #busbros, but not nearly enough to listen to it EVERY SINGLE TIME I start my car (after 10 seconds or so because it first decides to randomly select an input on start and then switches to my USB drive). Well, I shouldn't say every time. Every once in a while it decides it wants to play The Itch. So...I guess that's a feature.
If you'll look upthread a ways you'll see mine was misbehaving in very similar ways after the MFT3 migration (I refuse to call it an "upgrade") before it magically healed itself. I'm still not sure how or why that happened, and it's been fairly consistent ever since.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #1764
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
If you'll look upthread a ways you'll see mine was misbehaving in very similar ways after the MFT3 migration (I refuse to call it an "upgrade") before it magically healed itself. I'm still not sure how or why that happened, and it's been fairly consistent ever since.
Maybe I should try another Master Reset. Ford at least believes that will solve most every single issue anyone has with MFT. I'm still upset that their official response to me from the sync support email was that it was no longer possible to resume from where you left off. EDIT: (after more than 10 minutes, at least is what they stated. I can't even do it when I turn it off and back on by opening and closing the door and turning it back on)
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #1765
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Points 1,491, Level 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
I'm still upset that their official response to me from the sync support email was that it was no longer possible to resume from where you left off.
And yet another "It is no longer possible...." statement/explanation from Ford to go along with "It is no longer possible...." statements about programming the Star 1 and 2 favorite buttons, setting your choice of home screen, etc. I wish they were a little more forthcoming in their marketing when they released this, something like:

"Ford and upgraded MFT, opening a whole new world of (no longer) possibilities...."

Oh well, picking mine up tonight and we'll see if this APIM replacement helped anything. One thing I can say though is that after two days in this damn loaner it makes me all the more appreciative of the other positive (and there are many) aspects of my car - handling, interior styling, keyless, steering wheel controls, changing temp by voice without taking my hands off of the wheel, and so on and so on!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #1766
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
anyone else have particular songs that either crash the media player or the media player just ignores altogether? I have a few that can be found using voice commands, but the system chokes a bit and then plays the next song in the list (it won't even display the correct song). I have one song that just stops the media player altogether (though I'm sure because the song has a foreign character in the title).
Old 06-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #1767
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98899
What I Drive: 2012 POS

FF Reputation: 1 04SVTF303 Good Standing Member
Mine started to speed songs up. Only for a few seconds, but every few songs the tempo picks up a notch. Annoying...but kinda funny at the same time. And for those asking about dumping the car over MFT issues, it's not the only reason and only thing wrong with this car.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #1768
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Points 1,491, Level 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
None that have crashed my system Mattphoto but did have a couple it wouldn't recognize at first due to odd characters. I now keep two separate libraries on my home computer - one for all of my original music and another Ford Sync library. I used MusicBrainz Picard to go into the Sync library and rename the troublesome tags by hand (don't want to mess with my originals so that is why I have two separate libraries) in a manner more friendly to Sync/MFT. Worked for me.

Not sure if this is exactly what you are getting at here or the source of your issue but just thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #1769
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
I used tune-up and it made indexing so much better (and filled in all my album art). I don't see anything particular about the info on those tracks. Maybe an encoding issue. I will download new copies and see if that takes care of the issues. Maybe MFT just doesn't like Johnny Cash.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #1770
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

Points 491, Level 9
Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Quote:
I mentioned earlier in the thread that autoplay doesn't work
MFT3 continues to baffle me. When I started the car to begin my evening commute yesterday it played the iPod automatically, picking up with the last song from the morning commute just like it's supposed to do. Maybe I need to start tracking some additional variables to figure out how it's going to behave; things like which finger I use to press the start button, or which butt cheek is bearing more of my weight.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.