My Ford Touch Thread - Page 176 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-31-2012, 01:37 AM   #1751
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98899
What I Drive: 2012 POS

FF Reputation: 1 04SVTF303 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post

How long have you had your car? Also, possibly unrelated to me having been looking at the Volkswagen's before getting this one, how did you like them?
A month. I've purchased a few new cars in the past. In my experience, if they're shit within the first 30 days...they're not going to get better. I didn't look at VW's because I've always been a ford guy. Looked at them today because I'm now lookin at every brand. I'd love to take a Ford rep for a rip in a GTI DSG. Tell me my focus shifts well and the AC is up to par after that. Tomorrow I plan on hitting the Toyota dealership. Admittedly, these are things I should have done prior to buying this little gem, but I went off my prior experience with my SVT's.

oh...and..

Somehow in this whole debacle, the dealer has messed up my one touch window roll down/up. How much more can they up. It's humorous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 07:38 AM   #1752
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99369
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 WizeGuyDezignz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVTF303 View Post
A month. I've purchased a few new cars in the past. In my experience, if they're shit within the first 30 days...they're not going to get better. I didn't look at VW's because I've always been a ford guy. Looked at them today because I'm now lookin at every brand. I'd love to take a Ford rep for a rip in a GTI DSG. Tell me my focus shifts well and the AC is up to par after that. Tomorrow I plan on hitting the Toyota dealership. Admittedly, these are things I should have done prior to buying this little gem, but I went off my prior experience with my SVT's.

oh...and..

Somehow in this whole debacle, the dealer has messed up my one touch window roll down/up. How much more can they up. It's humorous.
Wow, sorry to hear about everything that you're going through. It sounds like maybe you got a lemon? I've had mine a little over a week now, and I've had zero issues, and that includes with MFT. Not saying that I won't have any issues, but it sucks that you've had so many within a month.

Best of luck on your final decision and definitely keep us updated!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:44 AM   #1753
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVTF303 View Post

oh...and..

I have not read your whole story, but, have you tried a different dealer's service department? The window should be an easy fix.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #1754
ianq01
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94341
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 ianq01 Good Standing Member
So my RAdio is now the only thing that works...

Okay, seems the Master Reset button cleared it up and only deleted my phone and time settings, everything else stayed and was quick to put back to my settings.
--------------------

Hehe, guess my possessed car has finally gotten totally out of whack. As much entertainment as not knowing what MFT functions will work every time I turn the car on has been, now it seems my radio has a permanent issue.

For the past week, the only thing that works for the entertainment part of my MFT is my AM/FM, I can't get Sirius, the CD, or my iPod to work. I can press the button and it highlights the device, but nothing happens, all I can do is use AM/FM. (My nav, phone, and climate control are all fine.)

New symptoms:

- When I first start the car the lower left quadrant says "No Program", I have to select a radio station to get the radio working;
- Though Sirius and my iPod show, and I can select them, I can't get them to work, the screen stays on the radio and that is that;
- Same issue even if I have my iPod disconnected, just in case the iPod was hanging the MFT;
- When I turn off the car, the radio keeps playing for a few minutes, even after I have exited the car and locked it.

Is this something I can resolve by doing some form of reset?

Can someone remind me how to perform the reset as going through this thread to find it again is long and hard as there are so many posts.

I am still on 2.11, not wanting to go to the dealer to have 3 installed as I much prefer the look of 2 and like those 2 Favorite buttons on my steering column...

Thx much...Ian

(I am SO GLAD I leased this car, already counting down the days until I can return it.)

Last edited by ianq01; 05-31-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #1755
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Your MFT resumes where it stopped playing? That must be nice, Ford told me that wasn't possible anymore.
It sure does. This morning I listened to a podcast over Bluetooth for most of my morning commute, then switched to the iPod over USB when that ended. The iPod resumed right where it left off last night (after I pressed the giant play button, that is; I mentioned earlier in the thread that autoplay doesn't work) in the middle of track 26 of 28. Then when it reached the end of track 28 it started playing track 1 again immediately, even though I have repeat turned off.

The shuffle thing really surprised me though. This drove me insane during my trip to the Rockies last fall, as I was stopping frequently to admire and/or photograph one jaw-dropping mountain scene after another. Every time I stopped it would reset the shuffle order, and it was uncanny about shuffling back to the same song I just heard five minutes ago.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #1756
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Mine resumes as well. Heck, mine resumes even after a master reset. After a reset I plug it back in and it launches indexing/BVC but picks up right where it left off. Never used to do that after a reset in w/2.11. It would always start right in with the first song alphabetically on my iPod.

I also have repeat set to off but if I tell it to play a song or an album, it will repeat either of those upon completion.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #1757
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
That must be real nice. Mine will resume playing the same song from where it left off, but no longer has shuffle on. The "light" is lit on the button, and it says Shuffle ALL is set, but it just plays the songs alphabetically. I have to set the shuffle to Album or Off, and then back to All in order for it to shuffle again, but the problem then is that the shuffle list is reset at that song, as v2.11 did.
I actually don't think I've managed to get the shuffle LED to light up once since I updated to v3.0, regardless of what options are or are not selected when I press the button...

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #1758
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99369
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 WizeGuyDezignz Good Standing Member
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like this car is getting a bad rap because of the MFT issues that people are experiencing? I understand the transmission was also an issue for a while, but that seems to have been mostly addressed. And of course a percentage of people will have problems completely aside from MFT or the transmission, but that's true with any car.

With that being said, I've seen people say that they are going to trade or sell the car because of these issues. Call me unreasonable, but I think that's crazy. Unless people just have a whole lot more money than I do to dump a sub 1-year old car.

With that being said, I completely agree that MFT should work as advertised and it shouldn't have this many issues. On the flip side, I think it's rash to want to dump the car because of it. It's obviously a software issue and Ford has already released an "update" once. Who says they won't do it again and possibly clear all of the issues up? If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Ford tech person from this forum say that they are indeed working on an update?

Fortunately I haven't had a fraction of the issues with MFT that some people are reporting here. But I also understand that the issues are real.

Anyhow, I had some initial concern about my car choice, but up until now I love the car!! I hope all of this works out for everyone!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #1759
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianq01 View Post
Hehe, guess my possessed car has finally gotten totally out of whack. As much entertainment as not knowing what MFT functions will work every time I turn the car on has been, now it seems my radio has a permanent issue.

For the past week, the only thing that works for the entertainment part of my MFT is my AM/FM, I can't get Sirius, the CD, or my iPod to work. I can press the button and it highlights the device, but nothing happens, all I can do is use AM/FM. (My nav, phone, and climate control are all fine.)

New symptoms:

- When I first start the car the lower left quadrant says "No Program", I have to select a radio station to get the radio working;
- Though Sirius and my iPod show, and I can select them, I can't get them to work, the screen stays on the radio and that is that;
- Same issue even if I have my iPod disconnected, just in case the iPod was hanging the MFT;
- When I turn off the car, the radio keeps playing for a few minutes, even after I have exited the car and locked it.

Is this something I can resolve by doing some form of reset?

Can someone remind me how to perform the reset as going through this thread to find it again is long and hard as there are so many posts.

I am still on 2.11, not wanting to go to the dealer to have 3 installed as I much prefer the look of 2 and like those 2 Favorite buttons on my steering column...

Thx much...Ian

(I am SO GLAD I leased this car, already counting down the days until I can return it.)
Try the fuse pull #67 & 68 I think but not sure cuz I have never done that either. Maybe someone can confirm the correct fuses or try to find it posted ...then there is also the delayedreboot.cab app u can download and use the usb to do a reboot. Also there is a master reset option in the MFT menu. If none of these work looks like your off to the dealer for the dreaded MFT v3 install because they will not service it with the v2 system. Goodluck and hope you can fix it without doing the upgrade, I also use the v2 system and want to keep it.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #1760
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like this car is getting a bad rap because of the MFT issues that people are experiencing? I understand the transmission was also an issue for a while, but that seems to have been mostly addressed. And of course a percentage of people will have problems completely aside from MFT or the transmission, but that's true with any car.

With that being said, I've seen people say that they are going to trade or sell the car because of these issues. Call me unreasonable, but I think that's crazy. Unless people just have a whole lot more money than I do to dump a sub 1-year old car.

With that being said, I completely agree that MFT should work as advertised and it shouldn't have this many issues. On the flip side, I think it's rash to want to dump the car because of it. It's obviously a software issue and Ford has already released an "update" once. Who says they won't do it again and possibly clear all of the issues up? If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Ford tech person from this forum say that they are indeed working on an update?

Fortunately I haven't had a fraction of the issues with MFT that some people are reporting here. But I also understand that the issues are real.

Anyhow, I had some initial concern about my car choice, but up until now I love the car!! I hope all of this works out for everyone!
You're 100% right. I wouldn't dream of trading my car in because of that. It's a finicky system and it needs to be fixed, and it definitely ticks me off to have waited so long for a fix only for it to cause a whole slew of new issues, but I still love my car. I wish MFT worked, but I know how to get around it to get it to do what I want it to do, so it's a blemish on what otherwise to me is an amazing car and well worth the money.
Sonic Crew #28

Bookmarks & Social Networks