Ford Focus ST vs WRX vs GTi vs Volvo C30 vs Civic SI vs Veloster Turbo vs Mazdaspeed 3 - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #41
MacAttack
Focus Addict

Fan#: 79365
What I Drive: 2000 Dark Green SE

FF Reputation: 5 MacAttack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
As far as bias, remember that a few months ago, I was seriously considering ending my wait for the ST and getting a WRX. It was sitting down and comparing the cars that lead me to decide to wait for the ST. After seeing it in action in person, I think I made the right choice. I tried to use nothing but facts for this sheet so it could be an honest comparison for anyone looking at one of these cars.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #42
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
I couldn't compare a car that's been out for a couple of years to one that isn't even in production yet.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #43
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
Fixed! Although, I should point out that while doing 0-60 in a straight line (and under 5 seconds) is fun, I think having all that torque available at a low rpm for coming out of turns fast is more fun.
To each his own though.
Actually, I've been meaning to ask, do you actually see that 4.8s in the real world? I had heard that it required a dead start, dropping the clutch, and perfect shifts to obtain.
cool.

yea, i'm definitely seeing that. my car is definitely faster than that now. a few mods and you're driving a fire breathing dragon.

the reason i bought my WRX instead of waiting for the ST, i paid 25,200 out the door for my car. it has insane street performance and where do we drive all our cars, on the street. so it made the most sense. its also insanely safe, has great options, an insanely good aftermarket. it seemed to make the most sense. i drove my car the first time and it absolutely blew my mind.
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #44
RedComet
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99232
What I Drive: TB '14 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 7 RedComet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTwin60 View Post
OK first things first 2011 Impreza for the 2011 year, Impreza was down to 27,391 from 36,072 in 2010. Thats a drop of -24.07%. STIs only made up 13805 of that number. Do yourself a favor and look at the sales numbers for other cars and tell me what you find. Better yet here an insight for you for the 2010 Mustang which "only" sold 66,623, and that is an all time record low.
Yes, let's compare salesfigures between one of the world's oldest automakers that's native to the US, that sells the most popular sportscars of all time to a import carmaker that in the U.S., if they sold 1/6th the number of cars as Ford did in any given FY, they'd pat themselves on the back. Really, guy?

As for the problems of the piston ringlands, if they've started cropping up again, then that's truly unfortunate.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #45
Rockstar92
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88204
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx5 se

FF Reputation: 1 Rockstar92 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Honestly, I feel like unless your seriously gonna track your car it doesn't matter what you go with. And even then you are still going to mod it to make faster times so I would just go with the wrx for the awd just because it would put power down to the ground better than a fwd. Plus with correct suspension upgrades it will also corner better.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #46
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedComet View Post
Yes, let's compare salesfigures between one of the world's oldest automakers that's native to the US, that sells the most popular sportscars of all time to a import carmaker that in the U.S., if they sold 1/6th the number of cars as Ford did in any given FY, they'd pat themselves on the back. Really, guy?

As for the problems of the piston ringlands, if they've started cropping up again, then that's truly unfortunate.
the 11s dont have nearly that problem. there are guys with 450+whp and not having problems. our cars are better than that. but they cheaped out on intercoolers, the plastic endtanks break easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar92 View Post
Honestly, I feel like unless your seriously gonna track your car it doesn't matter what you go with. And even then you are still going to mod it to make faster times so I would just go with the wrx for the awd just because it would put power down to the ground better than a fwd. Plus with correct suspension upgrades it will also corner better.
this is correct
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #47
Rockstar92
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88204
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx5 se

FF Reputation: 1 Rockstar92 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTwin60 View Post
OK first things first 2011 Impreza for the 2011 year, Impreza was down to 27,391 from 36,072 in 2010. Thats a drop of -24.07%. STIs only made up 13805 of that number. Do yourself a favor and look at the sales numbers for other cars and tell me what you find. Better yet here an insight for you for the 2010 Mustang which "only" sold 66,623, and that is an all time record low.
Another thing is the WRX ONLY comes in manual no auto. Not many people can drive manual and others are to lazy to drive manual. Like 90% of cars in America are auto. Only a real car enthusiast drive manual. So, point being on the other hand the mustang does come in auto. Which is why they sell so much more than a WRX. That is one major problem I would have buying a mustang because alot girls and wannabes drive auto mustang gt's. Not that I have a problem with girls driving a high powered car but only like 3% of girls really love cars and actually can appreciate a v8 other than that I don't see what a girl needs 400 horsepower for. Also no offense to autos I know they rule the drag strip but it is what it is.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:31 AM   #48
RedComet
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar92 View Post
I don't see what a girl needs 400 horsepower for. .
Just wondering, what do you need 400 bhp for that's so much more important?

Kay - HN#79
'14 Fiesta ST Tux. Blk. 6MT, COBB Stg. 1
Gone: '12 Hatch SE Sport MTX75

V - Power* Junkie
Old 05-31-2012, 12:47 AM   #49
BertST
Focus Addict

Fan#: 66037
What I Drive: 05 Red ST / 06 White SES

FF Reputation: 3 BertST Good Standing Member
Hate to break up the ST vs. Subie debate...but what about the new 2013 GTI? New platform and a 260 hp 2.0 liter. We almost bought the 2012 GTI because we were getting tired of waiting for the ST. If the GTI also upgrades their interior technology it should make for some stiff sales competition.

-Bert Sr.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:52 AM   #50
RedComet
Focus Addict

Are they actually doing the new gen GTI for 2013? I thought it would appear later than that. I hear it's supposed to be another 100kg lighter, too, always a welcome thing.
Kay - HN#79
'14 Fiesta ST Tux. Blk. 6MT, COBB Stg. 1
Gone: '12 Hatch SE Sport MTX75

V - Power* Junkie

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->