Ford Focus ST vs WRX vs GTi vs Volvo C30 vs Civic SI vs Veloster Turbo vs Mazdaspeed 3 - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #21
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The regular Veloster is a pig. One of the few vehicles my Fusion can actually beat in a straight line...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #22
MacAttack
Focus Addict

Fan#: 79365
What I Drive: 2000 Dark Green SE

FF Reputation: 5 MacAttack Good Standing Member
As far as winter driving is concerned, I've driven my 2000 Focus through blizzards before. I'll admit, going up a steep hill was difficult, but I also had old all season tires on, which had very little traction.
AWD is better in the snow, but unless you're trying to speed through it like a madman, you don't "need" it.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Old 05-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #23
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Yes,you don't need it everywhere but up in the mountains it guarantees you can get around. I lived up there with fwd and AWD for 15 years and the AWD got places where the fwd definetly couldn't go. I guess if you live in the flatlands it's not that big of a deal tho'.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #24
RedComet
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99232
What I Drive: TB '14 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 7 RedComet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsroar View Post
The regular Veloster is a pig. One of the few vehicles my Fusion can actually beat in a straight line...
I don't think anyone said it was a fast car. More like a decently made/good looking one. Married couple of mine like it so much, they have two. One in gray, and one in that insane orange color.

I wish I'd had an AWD car two winters ago. Getting dumped on 2+ feet at a time in snow just...sucks all around.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #25
lyonsroar

There's a difference between slow and dangerously slow. The Veloster is dangerous slow.

(according to those on Veloster forums...)
Old 05-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #26
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Memberbesthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
obviously im biased. BUT i absolutely LOVE my car. the new wrx is insane. intake and full turbo back and tune and im at 300whp/330wtq. my car in a straight line rapes porsches and makes mustangs look foolish.

that being said, i do autox this car, i did it once with my well set up focus. i'll take my focus back on a small track any day. but my wrx is just as good, it does push in tight corners. also to say the AWD doesn't help on the track thats goofy, my awd shines on a track.

btw the mistakes on your chart, 0-60 for wrx in 4.7 seconds, also we have 17x8 wheels stock
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #27
RedComet
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99232
What I Drive: TB '14 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 7 RedComet Good Standing Member
Someday, I'll own an STi. It's still all-around one of my favorite cars. Maybe next time I need a new ride.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #28
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
obviously im biased. BUT i absolutely LOVE my car. the new wrx is insane. intake and full turbo back and tune and im at 300whp/330wtq. my car in a straight line rapes porsches and makes mustangs look foolish.
I know the feeling. Those Porsche guys get really bothered.

Actually the WRX is quicker to 60mph than the STI since it's got a taller 2nd gear and seems to deal with more mods and less issues and considerably cheaper.

And with it's rakish rear window I thought the HB Focus has a slight resemblence to the WRX instead of the flat back hatches ala Mazda3. I think that's what made me attracted to the Focus initially. Is it my imagination? Maybe

Old 05-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #29
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
It would be a tough choice between the Veloster Turbo and the ST. I'd like the ST for the technology, and I'd like the Veloster because it's light and the base model is a freaking BLAST to drive.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #30
lyonsroar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
I know the feeling. Those Porsche guys get really bothered.

Actually the WRX is quicker to 60mph than the STI since it's got a taller 2nd gear and seems to deal with more mods and less issues and considerably cheaper.

And with it's rakish rear window I thought the HB Focus has a slight resemblence to the WRX instead of the flat back hatches ala Mazda3. I think that's what made me attracted to the Focus initially. Is it my imagination? Maybe

LOL no. The 2k12 Focus looks like a Sperm whale next to the Mako Shark that is the WRX...

Bookmarks & Social Networks