!! Steeda CAI Results Only !! - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #61
Brabs_Weather
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93741
What I Drive: 04 Ex Ltd, 08 Edge Ltd, 12 FF Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Brabs_Weather Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asting View Post
Msrp only matters when it sells for that price. The k&n had always sold for less since release, so that's a worthless point. If you have discounts or know of any on the steeda, I'd love to hear about them, otherwise that's just a hypothetical. Your advantage is the maf sensor, not price.
Not sure if it is an advantage without an exhaust. The diameter of the MAF housing affects the velocity of the air which passes through the unit at a given amount of airflow volume. Smaller units have a higher velocity while larger diameter units have a lower airflow velocity. The larger would need to be tuned and would benefit more from larger injectors.
Borla Exhaust with UltraQuiet resonator
K&N X-4870. Steeda RSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #62
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDFOCZ View Post
asting, no body is forcing you to buy a cretin intake over another, if you feel the K&N is better and or cheaper buy that one. Sitting here auguring with a sponsor about a different intake isnt going to get you any where. If you like the K&N maybe post in that thread.
I see nothing fanboyish or biased about anything you said here, REDFOCZ. Well said.

Just for the record, I bought another brand of intake recently.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #63
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
I see nothing fanboyish or biased about anything you said here, REDFOCZ. Well said.

Just for the record, I bought another brand of intake recently.
Telling me to be quiet when someone asks a question comparing products is hardly unbiased. Had I lied or said anything false, or even disrespectful that response would be warranted, but I didn't. I welcome other viewpoints about this and other products, but that doesn't mean you can make things up.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #64
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE sport

FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Your fan boyism is duly noted. I was merely pointing out a blatantly false statement. Claiming it's cheaper is downright wrong.
Like I said earlier there are differences between them, with some advantages going to steeda. There's no winner in every aspect. Someone asked a question and they're entitled to information. If you disagree with the spread of free information for potential consumers maybe you should find somewhere else to peddle your goods. aren't you the one who tests items for them? That hardly puts you in a position to be impartial.

Hell, I don't have the k&n or any intake now and am in the research stage., Im not saying price is everything.
I'm still actively looking into the steeda.

You're a mod aren't you? For shame....
Finally, being a sponsor doesn't entitle you to be free of criticism. Nothing I said was false.
Fanboyism huh... haven't been called that before lol (at least about cars, maybe cell phone lol)

I tested their STS shifter not the intake. I could have bought any intake and came close to buying the FSwerks one. But I chose Steeda because it is IMHO the best option. If you are basing your purchase solely on price, find the best deal and buy it. You can look through my post I haven't told any one to buy one brand over another.

Anywho, everyone play nice or infractions may be handed out and the thread cleaned.

Also as it stands you are the one hassering the sponsor because you be live their part should be cheaper,
Quote:
Telling me to be quiet when someone asks a question comparing products is hardly unbiased.
We may be reading different threads who told you to be quiet, I said if you don't like the answers here and like the K&N maybe post there.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #65
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Fanboyism huh... haven't been called that before lol (at least about cars, maybe cell phone lol)

I tested their STS shifter not the intake. I could have bought any intake and came close to buying the FSwerks one. But I chose Steeda because it is IMHO the best option. If you are basing your purchase solely on price, find the best deal and buy it. You can look through my post I haven't told any one to buy one brand over another.

Anywho, everyone play nice or infractions may be handed out and the thread cleaned.

We may be reading different threads who told you to be quiet, I said if you don't like the answers here and like the K&N maybe post there.
First, I've said two other times price isn't everything. I know there are other factors that matter and I've said that. You'll note I didn't bring up the price, but rather corrected a false statement.

As far as being the incorrect thread, I was merely responding to someone else's question in this thread, so perhaps the original question should be moved if only steeda supporters are allowed to respond. At any rate, I was just merely trying to correct a price claim for other consumers, and not to start a brand war. Sorry if that's
Stepping on toes to you.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #66
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Right now we are derailing the op's thread, since he was asking for people who have the intake and wanted their opinions. I'm all for free info and getting everything out there but in the threads that they are appropriate in.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #67
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Right now we are derailing the op's thread, since he was asking for people who have the intake and wanted their opinions. I'm all for free info and getting everything out there but in the threads that they are appropriate in.
Sure thing, I understand. Feel free to move my responses with the question if you feel the need.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #68
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
Brandon hooked me up with the Steeda intake for my car and I got around to installing it last week. I'm really happy with it and the sound is amazing, I love the growl it makes around 2,500rpm all the way up to 7,000. I can't wait to get an exhaust on and see how the car sounds then. It really does have a nice boxer engine sound and isn't overbearing at all. Cruising down the freeway you can't even tell it's there, same goes for easy acceleration.

As far as power goes, it feels like the pick up is slightly better with the car, but it's really hard to tell. I have notice an improvement in fuel economy though by about 2.3mpg on average under similar conditions.

I am really glad I went with Steeda over other brands. It looks great in the engine bay and everything fit perfectly. It took maybe 25 minutes to install and everything fit tight and spot on. All I had to do was trim the the rubber that sealed the box to the top of the hood.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #69
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Yeah I am really liking my steeds intake it fits like a glove and looks great like it belongs there
Old 05-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #70
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey D View Post
Brandon hooked me up with the Steeda intake for my car and I got around to installing it last week. I'm really happy with it and the sound is amazing, I love the growl it makes around 2,500rpm all the way up to 7,000. I can't wait to get an exhaust on and see how the car sounds then. It really does have a nice boxer engine sound and isn't overbearing at all. Cruising down the freeway you can't even tell it's there, same goes for easy acceleration.

As far as power goes, it feels like the pick up is slightly better with the car, but it's really hard to tell. I have notice an improvement in fuel economy though by about 2.3mpg on average under similar conditions.

I am really glad I went with Steeda over other brands. It looks great in the engine bay and everything fit perfectly. It took maybe 25 minutes to install and everything fit tight and spot on. All I had to do was trim the the rubber that sealed the box to the top of the hood.

Posted via FF Mobile Why did you have to trim the rubber?

Bookmarks & Social Networks