!! Steeda CAI Results Only !! - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #51
ic0der
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99386
What I Drive: 2012 S Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ic0der Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Which one is better, K&N or Steeda's intake? and why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #52
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDFOCZ View Post
Had to wait for money, install will be tomorrow and dyno some time this week

And darkknight I got steeda because I am trying to keep matching parts on this car and I like the steeda set up better then fswerks

Posted via FF Mobile Isn't the setup exactly the same? They both short rams with heat shields. Matching parts? Listen guys, Im not a saleman for Fswerks or make any money from recommending, all I'm saying is why pay over $100 more on the same intake. Fswerks products are quality products, heavily tested and they have been supporting the focus community exclusively since they started back in the day as Focus Sport. Theres nothing wrong with Steeda, just saying why pay more for the same performance, when you can put that $100 towards some other mod.

Anyway, for those who got their intakes already....

Old 05-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #53
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Because I got my Steeda intake for less then the FSwerks intake. Even with that, to me Steeda's heat sheild looks to work better and still utilizes the factory cold air duct, and last the MAF housing made out of billit with a valosity stack all adds up to a better intake in the long run.

But to be fair if I was on a budget I would most likely end up with the FSwerks one because of the price.

And also no I can say I have all the Steeda parts till the lowering springs come out lol
Old 05-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #54
SteedaBrandon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96136
What I Drive: n/a

FF Reputation: 1 SteedaBrandon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ic0der View Post
Which one is better, K&N or Steeda's intake? and why?
Our heat shield seals perfectly against the hood liner (using CAD data from Ford) and utilizes the factory cold air duct. Also, our velocity stack smooths the incoming air provides a more accurate and consistent reading for the MAF sensor (allowing better driveability, especially on automatics). It's also less expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile Isn't the setup exactly the same? They both short rams with heat shields. Matching parts? Listen guys, Im not a saleman for Fswerks or make any money from recommending, all I'm saying is why pay over $100 more on the same intake. Fswerks products are quality products, heavily tested and they have been supporting the focus community exclusively since they started back in the day as Focus Sport. Theres nothing wrong with Steeda, just saying why pay more for the same performance, when you can put that $100 towards some other mod.

Anyway, for those who got their intakes already....
No, not the same at all. Our CAI utilizes a factory cold air duct, FSWerks does not. Our CAI's heat shield conforms to the hood liner when the hood is closed (using CAD data from Ford), sealing it the intake, the FSWerks does not. Our's has a velocity stack that smooths incoming air, giving the MAF sensor a cleaner/smoother airflow allowing for better drivability and tuneability, the FSWerks does not.

We use a high-flow lifetime air filter, it's made in the USA and comes with a lifetime warranty.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #55
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon View Post
Our heat shield seals perfectly against the hood liner (using CAD data from Ford) and utilizes the factory cold air duct. Also, our velocity stack smooths the incoming air provides a more accurate and consistent reading for the MAFsensor (allowing better driveability, especially on automatics). It's also less expensive..
I'm not sure why you keep bringing that up. It's blatantly false. Auto anything has the k&n on sale and with the coupon code it's damn near $70 less. Yours is the most expensive.
Also, k&n also utilizes the stock duct and seals to the hood.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #56
SteedaBrandon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96136
What I Drive: n/a

FF Reputation: 1 SteedaBrandon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asting View Post
I'm not sure why you keep bringing that up. It's blatantly false. Auto anything has the k&n on sale and with the coupon code it's damn near $70 less. Yours is the most expensive.
Well let's see, Steeda.com lists our CAI for $299.95, K&N lists their's for $324.35.

Discounts come and go. For instance, if it isn't your first purchase from AutoAnything, you don't get 15% off. You may can find a discount on a Steeda just as well as you may can find a discount on a K&N.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #57
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon View Post
Well let's see, Steeda.com lists our CAI for $299.95, K&N lists their's for $324.35.

Discounts come and go. For instance, if it isn't your first purchase from AutoAnything, you don't get 15% off. You may can find a discount on a Steeda just as well as you may can find a discount on a K&N.
Msrp only matters when it sells for that price. The k&n had always sold for less since release, so that's a worthless point. If you have discounts or know of any on the steeda, I'd love to hear about them, otherwise that's just a hypothetical. Your advantage is the maf sensor, not price.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #58
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
asting, no body is forcing you to buy a cretin intake over another, if you feel the K&N is better and or cheaper buy that one. Sitting here auguring with a sponsor about a different intake isnt going to get you any where. If you like the K&N maybe post in that thread.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #59
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
asting, no body is forcing you to buy a cretin intake over another, if you feel the K&N is better and or cheaper buy that one. Sitting here auguring with a sponsor about a different intake isnt going to get you any where. If you like the K&N maybe post in that thread.

Posted via FF Mobile Agreed...Brandon, there seems to be a lot of people in here very interested in your Steeda intake for the 2012 Focus. How about trying to get like a discount to some of them or maybe setting up a wholesale discount if enough people want one?
Old 05-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #60
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Your fan boyism is duly noted. I was merely pointing out a blatantly false statement. Claiming it's cheaper is downright wrong.
Like I said earlier there are differences between them, with some advantages going to steeda. There's no winner in every aspect. Someone asked a question and they're entitled to information. If you disagree with the spread of free information for potential consumers maybe you should find somewhere else to peddle your goods. aren't you the one who tests items for them? That hardly puts you in a position to be impartial.

Hell, I don't have the k&n or any intake now and am in the research stage., Im not saying price is everything.
I'm still actively looking into the steeda.

You're a mod aren't you? For shame....
Finally, being a sponsor doesn't entitle you to be free of criticism. Nothing I said was false.

Bookmarks & Social Networks