2012 5-Door tail lamp scratching body - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #41
silenthill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85671
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL hatch

FF Reputation: 2 silenthill Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah, they were super tight, but I kept working at it and it finally gave. Keep at it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #42
jerry1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94735
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti w/ MT & Alloy Wheels

FF Reputation: 1 jerry1 Good Standing Member
Well, I have a service appt set up for June 4th. I found that my rear end plastic piece (basically the plastic body that covers the actual bumper, etc...) is not secured properly where it meets the metal quarter panels. The right side is not seated properly at all and doesn't align with the quarter panel. The drivers side looks okay but I can grab the plastic body and pull it away from the car with ease. I 'm not sure if that is normal. If so, that is crazy but I do know the right side in not right at all.

Going to have the reposition the tail lights while it is in. Also have them drive it to log the existence of the front end rattle at low speeds. Also going to mention that it surges ever so slightly (and intermittently) at highway speeds. I doubt they feel that because it is only occasional and very subtle but I hope they at least log the issue.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #43
jrcook
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98525
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Metallic Tint 5D SE

FF Reputation: 1 jrcook Good Standing Member
Sent email with info 05/26/2012 to Ford Customer Service as requested
Old 05-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #44
Mykal
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96521
What I Drive: 2012 Focus HB Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Mykal Good Standing Member
Hmm.. I too have the chipping around the taillight (drivers side). It's rubbed the paint in two locations, around the front most bottom curve and at the 90 degree on the inside radius.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #45
Mykal
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96521
What I Drive: 2012 Focus HB Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Mykal Good Standing Member
Sent my info to Social1....

Mykal
Old 05-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #46
swfst

Fan#: 95922
What I Drive: Focus

FF Reputation: 1 swfst Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I noticed the same thing on my White Platinum. I stopped by Ford Springfield, PA and they took photos and sent it up to Ford NA. I'll have a call Tuesday with an appointment to bring it in. They're going to get me a 5-speed Focus for a loaner since I want to purchase an ST (like to see the difference with a manual).

Very awesome dealer and the service guy Paul was great! I found my dealer for all my work and my ST order next year.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #47
burn0gas
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98574
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 burn0gas Good Standing Member
My new 2012 Ti 5dr is target for delivery week of June 11. One of the first things I plan to do is to check the taillights... last thing I need is rubbed paint up here in Canada as rust still start ASAP.

So if I get this thread correct, if the light is 'touching' the paint, then it is too tight and needs to be loosened. How to remove the light (and to loosen it) can be found in the manual. It should be adjust so it isn't lose, but isn't touching. And there is a pin that does 'something'?

It would be great if someone did a YouTube video what what is correct vs wrong and how to fix it.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #48
FocusedinKansas
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99511
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE

FF Reputation: 1 FocusedinKansas Good Standing Member
New member here, Just got mine yesterday and found this on it today after looking at the forum.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #49
silenthill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85671
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL hatch

FF Reputation: 2 silenthill Good Standing Member
It's dark outside so I can't take a picture, but there's a pin on the 'fin' part of the tail lamp housing that fits into a socket. That pin can be unscrewed a bit, so when it's in the socket, it keeps the fin portion from touching the paint.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #50
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
I just sent an email with my VIN, as my drivers side light is touching the paint, the passenger side is fine.
Hello Meathead,

Gracias!

Don't hesitate to contact the local Ford dealer, and set up an appointment to have the chipping looked at. I can also escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for your area. To do so, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friction View Post
I logged in for another reason and saw this thread! Same thing is happening with our car...
Hey friction;

Thanks for sending the info. Shoot me a PM with with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN so I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuryTheLiving View Post
Got the same issue, however it is the driver side tail light and not the passenger side. Any helpful advice on how to remove the light?...
No need to do this work yourself, iBuryTheLiving. Make an appointment with the local Ford dealer, and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I'll escalate the paint issue to the Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry1 View Post
Well, I have a service appt set up for June 4th. I found that my rear end plastic piece (basically the plastic body that covers the actual bumper, etc...) is not secured properly where it meets the metal quarter panels...Going to have the reposition the tail lights while it is in. Also have them drive it to log the existence of the front end rattle at low speeds. Also going to mention that it surges ever so slightly (and intermittently) at highway speeds. I doubt they feel that because it is only occasional and very subtle but I hope they at least log the issue.
Hi jerryy1,

Great to know the Focus is visiting the local Ford dealer. Keep me posted on the results, and give me a shout if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcook View Post
Sent email with info 05/26/2012 to Ford Customer Service as requested
Hello jrcook,

Thanks for the info. Let me know if I can assist in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykal View Post
Hmm.. I too have the chipping around the taillight (drivers side)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykal View Post
Sent my info to Social1....
The information is appreciated, Mykal. Please make an appointment with the local Ford dealer first chance you get. Also, I'll be happy to escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager for your area. To do so, send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfst View Post
I noticed the same thing on my White Platinum. I stopped by Ford Springfield, PA and they took photos and sent it up to Ford NA. I'll have a call Tuesday with an appointment to bring it in....Very awesome dealer and the service guy Paul was great! I found my dealer for all my work and my ST order next year.
Afternoon swfst,

Your awesome dealer will have that paint chipping taken care of. Keep me posted on the results of the visit, and let me know if I can assist.

In the meantime, here's some info on the Focus ST. Makes you drool, doesn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn0gas View Post
My new 2012 Ti 5dr is target for delivery week of June 11. One of the first things I plan to do is to check the taillights... last thing I need is rubbed paint up here in Canada as rust still start ASAP...
Welcome burn0gas!

I'll be happy to track the Focus order. Send a PM with your VIN or order number & dealer code/dealer info to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusedinKansas View Post
New member here, Just got mine yesterday and found this on it today after looking at the forum.
FocusedinKansas,

I love meeting and helping new members!

Once you make an appointment with the local Ford dealer, I can add another layer of assistance by escalating the paint chipping to the Customer Service Manager for your area. To do so, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordService; 05-30-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks