Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 149 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #1481
nhemti
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96686
Location: Milford, NH
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium - TMB

Posts: 111
FF Reputation: 1 nhemti Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
LEO=Lease end owner?

You have $1,000 customer cash and if you are a current Ford lease owner an additional $500, if you are in a competitive lease also $500. You do not have to terminate lease to qualify for the $500 competitive lease.
Law Enforcement Officer would be my guess given the veteran status.
nhemti is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #1482
imccrea
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85212
Location: Aurora, CO
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

Posts: 1,012
FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhemti View Post
Law Enforcement Officer would be my guess given the veteran status.
ahh yes, in the car business I immed. go to car terms!
__________________
Ford Internet Director
Glad to help anyone
---------------------------
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
imccrea is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #1483
grpdranger
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98128
Location: Phoenix, AZ
What I Drive: 1996 Ford Bronco, 2002 Powerstroke

Posts: 9
FF Reputation: 1 grpdranger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
LEO=Lease end owner?

You have $1,000 customer cash and if you are a current Ford lease owner an additional $500, if you are in a competitive lease also $500. You do not have to terminate lease to qualify for the $500 competitive lease.
Thank you for checking. Yes LEO is short for Law Enforcement Officer. I was told by the dealer where we get our pd vehicles done that all leo get x plan here in az. I don't know if thats because our fleets are.90% ford or what but I felt like he was being honest. I would have not known about x plan had he not said anything. Hope thats the case.

Also, we are not in a lease. So is 1kthe going to be all we can expect. What about the 500 for first time buyer?
grpdranger is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #1484
imccrea
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85212
Location: Aurora, CO
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

Posts: 1,012
FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grpdranger View Post
Thank you for checking. Yes LEO is short for Law Enforcement Officer. I was told by the dealer where we get our pd vehicles done that all leo get x plan here in az. I don't know if thats because our fleets are.90% ford or what but I felt like he was being honest. I would have not known about x plan had he not said anything. Hope thats the case.

Also, we are not in a lease. So is 1kthe going to be all we can expect. What about the 500 for first time buyer?
Never financed a vehicle before? You can qualify but must put at least $500 down.
__________________
Ford Internet Director
Glad to help anyone
---------------------------
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
imccrea is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #1485
grpdranger
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98128
Location: Phoenix, AZ
What I Drive: 1996 Ford Bronco, 2002 Powerstroke

Posts: 9
FF Reputation: 1 grpdranger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Never financed a vehicle before? You can qualify but must put at least $500 down.
No never financed before. Putting some down would not be an issue. Would I then be eligible for the 1k and the first time buyer 500?
grpdranger is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #1486
imccrea
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85212
Location: Aurora, CO
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

Posts: 1,012
FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grpdranger View Post
No never financed before. Putting some down would not be an issue. Would I then be eligible for the 1k and the first time buyer 500?
sorry first time buyer isn't combined with X plan discount. Forgot about that, same with college grad rebate.

Here's the rules for future reference. It's tough to qualify I think

Guidelines Applicant has no previous automotive credit history on his/her bureau

- No derogatory credit history found on bureau

- Minimum verifiable six months on current job

- Verifiable (pay stub, W-2, etc.) monthly income sufficient to cover vehicle payment, ordinary living expenses (including rent, utilities, etc.) and all currently outstanding debt, if any

- Payment to income ratio of 15% or less

- In order to qualify for this program there is a payment cap is $350/month -If customer's payment is over 350.00 they will not qualify for the FTB program.

- Tier 5 is not eligible

- Term is not to exceed 72-months retail, 48 month lease

- Total monthly debt to total monthly income ratio of 50% or less. Total monthly debt includes, if applicable:

- Monthly vehicle payment

- Monthly rent or mortgage payments

- Other monthly payment obligations (installment loans, revolving loans, alimony or support payments, etc.)

- Minimum $500 customer cash down

- Maximum Advance 100% of Dealer Invoice

- All criteria must be met in order to qualify
__________________
Ford Internet Director
Glad to help anyone
---------------------------
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
imccrea is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 10:50 PM   #1487
Mounty50
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99393
Location: Durham, NC
What I Drive: '12 TuxedoBlack Tit Hatch DCT/Hand

Posts: 3
FF Reputation: 1 Mounty50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey all, new here since I'm looking to buy a Focus in the very near future, perhaps within the week.

The previous post was helpful for me as I am a first time buyer, no real credit history, senior in college

So far i was approved for a $24k loan at chevy for a Cruze LT/RS but i just couldnt find myself signing because i felt it was a little overpriced when compared to the focus, but i digress

The exact car I want is located up the street from me at Jones Ford, North Charleston, SC it'll pop up if you google it.

http://www.jonesford.com/2012-Ford-F...-29406/3852962

With the sticker price being $24,490....How much bargaining room do I have to get that price down so that my monthly payment is as close to $350 as possible. My truck really isn't much of a trade in since it is a '97 with 178XXX miles. I can have $1500 for a down payment by June 1, and they have said that is fine since they can hold a check for up to 30 days.

I have been working with another dealership in a different city to see what kind of deal I am able to get and basically to see if I could even get financed at all.

The dealership has told me he can get me 380/month with 2,000 down and my trade in on the sedan version of the titanium but he said he would get me the hatch since that is what i want


So basically, can I get close to 350/month with 1500 down and available rebates if i trade my truck in and somehow able to beat down the price OR should I wait and save up a larger down payment in order to reduce the principal amount financed, like $3k or $4k for a downpayment??

Thanks for reading!!
Mounty50 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #1488
impaulsible
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99414
Location: Phoenix, AZ
What I Drive: Nothing

Posts: 3
FF Reputation: 1 impaulsible Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Purchase from AZ or CA?

Hi thanks in advance for the advice

I'm looking to purchase either a 2012 Focus Auto (prefer sterling grey or white, but flexible with color). I will either go with a:

SE w/ Sport pkg, any convenience pkg with cruise and Moonroof

OR

SEL w/any pkg and moonroof

I live in Phoenix, but have parents in Southern California, so I could go there and buy it and drive it back. I did some shopping in AZ, and the dealers i talked to charge like 500 in documentation fees, whereas CA dealers are limited by law

I can pay in cash, but only if i can get it under 20K OTD (all taxes, fees included)

Any help on which dealerships to go to, or can you do that price? Timeline is anytime the right deal comes along.

Thanks again!
impaulsible is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #1489
imccrea
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85212
Location: Aurora, CO
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

Posts: 1,012
FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounty50 View Post
Hey all, new here since I'm looking to buy a Focus in the very near future, perhaps within the week.

The previous post was helpful for me as I am a first time buyer, no real credit history, senior in college

So far i was approved for a $24k loan at chevy for a Cruze LT/RS but i just couldnt find myself signing because i felt it was a little overpriced when compared to the focus, but i digress

The exact car I want is located up the street from me at Jones Ford, North Charleston, SC it'll pop up if you google it.

http://www.jonesford.com/2012-Ford-F...-29406/3852962

With the sticker price being $24,490....How much bargaining room do I have to get that price down so that my monthly payment is as close to $350 as possible. My truck really isn't much of a trade in since it is a '97 with 178XXX miles. I can have $1500 for a down payment by June 1, and they have said that is fine since they can hold a check for up to 30 days.

I have been working with another dealership in a different city to see what kind of deal I am able to get and basically to see if I could even get financed at all.

The dealership has told me he can get me 380/month with 2,000 down and my trade in on the sedan version of the titanium but he said he would get me the hatch since that is what i want


So basically, can I get close to 350/month with 1500 down and available rebates if i trade my truck in and somehow able to beat down the price OR should I wait and save up a larger down payment in order to reduce the principal amount financed, like $3k or $4k for a downpayment??

Thanks for reading!!
Mounty-
If you can give me a little more information it will help out. When discussing payments are you looking at 60 months/72 months, which interest rate have they quoted you, etc?

Figure for every $1,000 financed you're looking between $18-$25/mo depending on your interest rate. ($16.67 for every $1,000 financed at 0% for 60 mo).


Now it looks like there are $1,250 in rebates and $500 if you qualify for college bringing you to $1,750.

Lets say you pay 23,200 for the Focus less the $1,750 bringing you to $21,450 before taxes, fees.

Lets suppose your taxes are 7.7% with $1,000 out of your pocket you're at $375/mo for 72 months.
This is based on $22,300 amt financed, it will vary with your information but hope that helps.

invoice is $23,132 on this ride btw.
__________________
Ford Internet Director
Glad to help anyone
---------------------------
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
imccrea is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #1490
imccrea
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85212
Location: Aurora, CO
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

Posts: 1,012
FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by impaulsible View Post
Hi thanks in advance for the advice

I'm looking to purchase either a 2012 Focus Auto (prefer sterling grey or white, but flexible with color). I will either go with a:

SE w/ Sport pkg, any convenience pkg with cruise and Moonroof

OR

SEL w/any pkg and moonroof

I live in Phoenix, but have parents in Southern California, so I could go there and buy it and drive it back. I did some shopping in AZ, and the dealers i talked to charge like 500 in documentation fees, whereas CA dealers are limited by law

I can pay in cash, but only if i can get it under 20K OTD (all taxes, fees included)

Any help on which dealerships to go to, or can you do that price? Timeline is anytime the right deal comes along.

Thanks again!
hatch or sedan?

I think on a 201A you might be able to buy it for under $20,000 before rebates come off but I don't think with tax being OTD at $20,000. Hell a 201a hatch with auto, SE sport and moonroof is $21,250 still (pricey).
__________________
Ford Internet Director
Glad to help anyone
---------------------------
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
imccrea is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Audi S3, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. Challenger Hellcat - Charger Hellcat