TSB 12-02-17 - Steering issue - New TSB? - Page 13 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #121
Eurofordfan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87186
What I Drive: 1985 Moto Guzzi T5 850 NT

FF Reputation: 1 Eurofordfan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEREKC View Post
I just had my Ti in for the recall, MFT update, and TSB check. They replaced the steering rack and it seems different and smoother than before. Though the invoice says nothing about the transmission, the shifting is much smoother as well!
So, in as much as you live in Ottawa -- that TSB (for the steering) DOES apply to Canada, as well...

Any others, in Canada, who have had this done?

Another poster (I believe, in this thread) - a Canadian - indicated that when his/her dealer looked for the TSB, they could not find it. This led me to believe that the TSB's for Canada may not be the same as for the 'States.

?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #122
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
Both cars are exactly the same, and made in the same plant. When the Service Adviser entered my car in the service system it seemed to come up with the recalls and TSBs. They are able to check their service system and look specifically under either Suspension and/or Steering to find it.

I thought my car was perfect before, but it seems to much improved now!
Old 05-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #123
ccelaya
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92465
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey - Focus HB Sport

FF Reputation: 1 ccelaya Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurofordfan View Post
So, in as much as you live in Ottawa -- that TSB (for the steering) DOES apply to Canada, as well...

Any others, in Canada, who have had this done?

Another poster (I believe, in this thread) - a Canadian - indicated that when his/her dealer looked for the TSB, they could not find it. This led me to believe that the TSB's for Canada may not be the same as for the 'States.

?
I just came back from the dealer in Mexico.
I had my 10,000 km service done, and the TSBs 12-02-17A and 12-02-17B were also valid here. The parts are on backorder now.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:30 AM   #124
12FOCUS S
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98622
What I Drive: '13 FOCUS ST/'12 Mustang GT BBP

FF Reputation: 1 12FOCUS S Good Standing Member
Exclamation 2012 Focus S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hello everyone,

Well, it's been a while since I've been on this thread. Sorry about that!

For U.S residents having concerns with the steering, especially you forceflow2, please PM your VIN, phone number, mileage, and dealer information so I can get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Now, our Canadian friends may call the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center at 1.800.565.3673 in order to have a representative document and assist with this concern. The Ford dealer aligned the car. On center steering varies on the same roadway one day to the next.

Thanks,

Noemi

Sorry to interject. I am having wandering on the Tollway and have the same issue(s) many others are complaining about. The EPAS is suspect at this time. Also, the upper strut mounts sound like they are loose at 550 miles!!! The road is smooth as glass but correction is always needed. Not good. Please let me know. :)
Old 05-14-2012, 06:24 AM   #125
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
Go to your dealership and make an appointment to have them check the Steering TSB, and I an sure that they will replace the steering rack.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:30 AM   #126
VelociRacer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97968
What I Drive: 12 BlueC SE Sport 5DR+5SP+201A+Wntr

FF Reputation: 1 VelociRacer Good Standing Member
This car is set with 0 front toe at factory. Why not ask dealer to align it with maximum toe-in per factory spec? It's a small amount so you shouldn't notice a mileage drop. But the car will stop following ruts or concrete rain grooves. Simpler options should be looked at before you replace a whole rack and open a new can of worms.

2006 Civic we have: 0 front toe became toe-out after a year of driving. A simple alignment brought it back to spec and did not change much with age after that point.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #127
Eurofordfan
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelociRacer View Post
This car is set with 0 front toe at factory. Why not ask dealer to align it with maximum toe-in per factory spec? It's a small amount so you shouldn't notice a mileage drop. But the car will stop following ruts or concrete rain grooves. Simpler options should be looked at before you replace a whole rack and open a new can of worms.

2006 Civic we have: 0 front toe became toe-out after a year of driving. A simple alignment brought it back to spec and did not change much with age after that point.
Good thought to try that first. If the dealer will not oblige, go to a frame and alignment shop. Even if you pay $100 to have that done, and to try it, in my mind, it'd be worth it, 'cause who wants someone to fiddle with your brand new car? I don't care how good the tech is, something very likely would get scratched or broken when factory built becomes dealer / tech serviced or replaced.

Sorry to the techs; that's just my opinion, and YMMV.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #128
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Had this fix performed last week. What a difference! Changed the vehicle from being at best merely annoying to tedious or worse on the highway to being a pretty pleasant highway driving experience.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #129
ccelaya
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92465
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey - Focus HB Sport

FF Reputation: 1 ccelaya Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick W View Post
Had this fix performed last week. What a difference! Changed the vehicle from being at best merely annoying to tedious or worse on the highway to being a pretty pleasant highway driving experience.
I'm glad for you!

I just got a call from my dealership, the parts arrived today... it will take them two days to get it done (thursday and friday). I'll keep you guys posted :)
Old 05-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #130
Eurofordfan
Focus Enthusiast

How bloody many Focus' have had this done, I ask rhetorically? When will those of us seriously considering a Focus get a sense of (at best) i) new production Focus' have definitely had the fix applied, and NO, will not need to have this dealership repair / changeout performed? or ii) when will we get the sense that the problem is understood, the factory fix has been instituted, and at least the new stock of steering racks in the parts system is problem-free?

With this all going on, who really wants to buy a car that quite possibly will have to undergo fairly major surgery {i.e. separate the ball joints from the wishbones, drop the wishbones / engine cradle, etc... and then put all back together (and get the steering wheel pointing straight, like factory built cars have)}?????

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->