2012 Ford Focus K&N Intake kit Released. - Page 13 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #121
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsfocus View Post
Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I have a SE so it didn't come with the engine cover. But the intake doesn't appear that you would have a hard time putting the engine cover back on. I don't know anyone in the Austin area that has a Titanium to try it on either.

My car is all stock with the exception of the intake. I plan to see if my fuel mileage has increased this next fill up. I drive about 150 miles a day so I try to keep my foot out it. Most of the time I just use the cruise control. I plan on getting an FSWerks Race Exhaust here soon.
Holy that is a proper sound. I like it!

Also, I have a Titanium but no engine cover so should that make the install easier for me?

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #122
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsfocus View Post
I don't think there are any videos right now. I could do a video, but it will be with my iPhone 4S.
Also, the install guide says pulling the negative battery cable will erase the electronic settings, that's not anything I need to worry about with the Focus is it?

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #123
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
My understanding is no, there is no need to worry about pulling the cable to reset the settings-the car will adjust automatically to the additional airflow. If you do, thougj, the car will re-learn faster and adjust quicker.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #124
Brabs_Weather
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93741
What I Drive: 04 Ex Ltd, 08 Edge Ltd, 12 FF Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Brabs_Weather Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
My understanding is no, there is no need to worry about pulling the cable to reset the settings-the car will adjust automatically to the additional airflow. If you do, thougj, the car will re-learn faster and adjust quicker.
I think it rest everything. Which means your DCT resets, so your adaptive driving setting will be erased.
Borla Exhaust with UltraQuiet resonator
K&N X-4870. Steeda RSB
Old 05-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #125
troy-knfilters
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85424
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Taurus SE (FFV) Vulcan

FF Reputation: 1 troy-knfilters Good Standing Member
Hey Guys! Glad to see that some of you have installed the intake, the videos are awesome! I would like to address the battery disconnection issue with settings, some people may think that K&N has you do this to reset the computer to "Relearn" the airflow data. The truth is that we ask our installers and customers to disconnect the battery for safety reasons, with todays vehicles they do have a "learning" ability for how you drive the car which can affect the transmission shifting etc.

As far as the computer relearning fuel and air curves this is done on-the-fly in real time, this is why you can be at the beach here in so-cal and drive to big bear with no difference in drivability.

Thank you guys, I really enjoy seeing these out there!

Troy. :)
Old 05-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #126
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy-knfilters View Post
Hey Guys! Glad to see that some of you have installed the intake, the videos are awesome! I would like to address the battery disconnection issue with settings, some people may think that K&N has you do this to reset the computer to "Relearn" the airflow data. The truth is that we ask our installers and customers to disconnect the battery for safety reasons, with todays vehicles they do have a "learning" ability for how you drive the car which can affect the transmission shifting etc.

As far as the computer relearning fuel and air curves this is done on-the-fly in real time, this is why you can be at the beach here in so-cal and drive to big bear with no difference in drivability.

Thank you guys, I really enjoy seeing these out there!

Troy. :)
So what you say is that disconnecting the battery is not necessary when installing this intake ?
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #127
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97985
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 6 craigsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Holy that is a proper sound. I like it!

Also, I have a Titanium but no engine cover so should that make the install easier for me?
As far as not having to remove then replace the engine cover goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Also, the install guide says pulling the negative battery cable will erase the electronic settings, that's not anything I need to worry about with the Focus is it?
It does say the disconnect the negative cable. As Troy stated it is for safety reasons. I didn't disconnect it and the Focus started up fine after I finished. I did let it idle for a couple minutes before I did my test drive.

Active Duty US Army. MOS 91E (Machinist). OEF Vet.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #128
troy-knfilters
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
So what you say is that disconnecting the battery is not necessary when installing this intake ?
I didn't say that... I said we ask you to disconnect the battery for safety reasons.

Troy.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #129
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
I have a question: what happens if I disconnect the positive battery cable instead of the negative cable ? Because in my car, the easiest to disconnect is the positive, not the negative cable. I don't know what it is in yours when you say "negative battery cable".

It is not the first time when I see people saying "disconnect the negative battery cable". In my opinion, whatever needs to be done is to disconnect a battery cable (regardless which one) to have the same result. Am I right or completly out of touch with the reality of this engine car ? (not that I don't know that I am at least 20 years behind).
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #130
troy-knfilters
Focus Enthusiast

To answer your question, the same as if you disconnect the negative. However the positive being re-connected is more dangerous than the negative mostly because when your tigtening down the positive your tool can touch a metal surface causing a bad arc, if you look at your factory manual under roadside emergencies you will notice that they say to connect the positive first and the ground last.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pub.../12focog4e.pdf

Page 315

Troy.

Bookmarks & Social Networks