2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 29 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #281
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ok car is still in service but I called the service manager and he read off the list of fixes so far and stated that the ABS was reprogrammed and that will address the knocking/popping noise coming from the front end. If it does or not I don't know yet but will keep you all advised.

Montana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #282
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hello Montana,

It's a pleasure to meet you!

I noticed your location; are you a fellow Ford co-worker? If you are, I'm sure you know the process. I'll be more than happy to escalate your concerns to the Customer Service Manager for your area. Shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN to begin the process.

Noemi
Hi Noemi,

Thanks for the offer but I tried that avenue once and it was a complete waste of my time and oxygen. All I ever got from the CSM was that everything was normal. Seems Ford has issued several different TSB's and PCM/TCM reprograms for a normal condition since I purchased the car.

Oh in regards to my location I was being sarcastic in that my Focus spends more time at the dealer than it does with me.

Montana
Old 05-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #283
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
Ok car is still in service but I called the service manager and he read off the list of fixes so far and stated that the ABS was reprogrammed and that will address the knocking/popping noise coming from the front end. If it does or not I don't know yet but will keep you all advised.

Montana
I had that abs program flash. Aka tsb 12b37 and it did not resolve my front end noise. Wish it was that simple.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #284
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 18 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'm sorry, but from everything read and what I've experienced with dealers in the past, they're not trying their hardest or putting their best on this...
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 05-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #285
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
I'm sorry, but from everything read and what I've experienced with dealers in the past, they're not trying their hardest or putting their best on this...
Assuming that many people are experiencing this problem (and I believe they are), the fix should come directly from Ford.

Otherwise, only a small percentage of people might get lucky and have this problem fully resolved by their local dealer.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #286
rkramer48
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99120
What I Drive: 2012 SG Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 rkramer48 Good Standing Member
Brand new member here...

I was recently able to do a 2 day take home test drive on a 2012 Focus Ti.

The car had 62 miles on it when i returned it I was noticing what is being described here. I initially thought it was the front air louvers opening or closing....

But i wanted to chime in that this happened to me during a test drive!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #287
meattooth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97031
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, se hatchback

FF Reputation: 5 meattooth Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
My SE and my wifes SEL both have the rattle, but until there's a real fix for it I'll just stand by.....unless we plan the across the nation and then I'm in.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #288
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
Hi Noemi,
Thanks for the offer but I tried that avenue once and it was a complete waste of my time and oxygen...
Oh in regards to my location I was being sarcastic in that my Focus spends more time at the dealer than it does with me...
Hi Montana,

I understand. The helping hand is available in the event you desire to take the escalation route.

BTW - Thanks for the enlightenment about the location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Assuming that many people are experiencing this problem (and I believe they are), the fix should come directly from Ford.
Otherwise, only a small percentage of people might get lucky and have this problem fully resolved by their local dealer.
Kabigon,

Ford Motor Company utilizes various mediums to collect concerns raised by our family members. These forums, as well as numerous Customer Relationship Centers, help with the documentation of issues. If we see a trend which needs to be addressed, our engineers will pull and compile the necessary reports in order to guide the dealership personnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkramer48 View Post
Brand new member here...
I was recently able to do a 2 day take home test drive on a 2012 Focus Ti.
The car had 62 miles on it when i returned it I was noticing what is being described here. I initially thought it was the front air louvers opening or closing....But i wanted to chime in that this happened to me during a test drive!
Hi rkramer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comment.

Don't let this experience drive you away from a great buy! Certain characteristics disappear once a vehicle reaches the break-in period. The car you test drove may still need time to smooth out. Please re-visit the dealership, and cruise around town with another Focus; I would be interested in hearing the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meattooth View Post
My SE and my wifes SEL both have the rattle, but until there's a real fix for it I'll just stand by.....unless we plan the across the nation and then I'm in.
Hey meattooth,

Visiting the local Ford dealer begins the process of figuring out whether or not a trend is developing. When you do make an appointment with the service department, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN. I’ll contact the Customer Service Manager in your area to begin the escalation process.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 05-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #289
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Fan#: 1083
What I Drive: '12 Black SEL 302A; '87 'Stang

FF Reputation: 9 TORQUERULES Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Sent you a PM

Quote:
Hi Montana,

I understand. The helping hand is available in the event you desire to take the escalation route.

BTW - Thanks for the enlightenment about the location.

Kabigon,

Ford Motor Company utilizes various mediums to collect concerns raised by our family members. These forums, as well as numerous Customer Relationship Centers, help with the documentation of issues. If we see a trend which needs to be addressed, our engineers will pull and compile the necessary reports in order to guide the dealership personnel.

Hi rkramer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comment.

Don't let this experience drive you away from a great buy! Certain characteristics disappear once a vehicle reaches the break-in period. The car you test drove may still need time to smooth out. Please re-visit the dealership, and cruise around town with another Focus; I would be interested in hearing the results.

Hey meattooth,

Visiting the local Ford dealer begins the process of figuring out whether or not a trend is developing. When you do make an appointment with the service department, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN. Iíll contact the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Take care!

Noemi
Old 05-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #290
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
That Noemi, is exactly why hundreds of us Focus owners are upset. That is a disregard for the problem and extremely juvenile. It shows a lack of character from Ford Motor Company and illustrates that they still have yet to accept that the 2012 Focus has a problem.

Bookmarks & Social Networks