2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 28 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #271
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomtl View Post
agreed! after reading this entire thread, someone who's experiencing this issue is not really tempted to adventure in escalating to their local dealer. No one has walked away with a permanent fix, so who's really up to spend all that time at the dealer for some trial & error fun. On the other hand, it might take one of us who will eventually be up to his 100th visit at the dealer who will come back to report a successful fix.

glad we at least have this community here to share knowledge!

Agreed. I've been to the dealership 5 times, each time it's in the shop for days, sometimes weeks and it leaves the dealership in the same condition it came in. What incentive is there to take it to the dealership? There will be no fix until Ford admits they messed up.

My rear seat is still coming apart but I'm too beaten down by the Ford Customer Service game that I don't even know if I want to take it in to get fixed.

I never thought it, but it's true FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily except there's no "fixing" going on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #272
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 9 Shade-010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Has anyone tried to lemon law their vehicle? In the shop 3 times in the first 12 months, I know in FL they have this, I L/L a 93 impreza for not holding a 4 wheel alignment ( 1st year for FWD only impreza)
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Old 05-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #273
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
Has anyone tried to lemon law their vehicle? In the shop 3 times in the first 12 months, I know in FL they have this, I L/L a 93 impreza for not holding a 4 wheel alignment ( 1st year for FWD only impreza)
It's difficult because in Texas it has to pose a "safety" threat and the dealership has told me repeatedly that it does not pose a safety concern and they will take that to the grave. Plus, the Lemon Law is a costly venture in both time and money. I'd rather Ford just man up and fix the problem instead of saying, "well, that's probably just a "normal" sound for the Focus."

Such BS.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #274
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah that is Complete BS that its a normal sound. I'd imagine we here on this internet forum are just a small sample of the total number of people having this issue. I would imagine dealerships across America are having customers come in with this that it should get Ford's attention. If word gets around eventually this issue could harm sales of the Focus.

I have to believe there will come a day soon that it will get a permanent fix.

I can understand folks not wanting to take their car into the dealer for the trial and error fun with no permanent fix. I was the same way but decided I would go ahead and at least take it in so there would be a document trail of this issue on my car.

Anyway, The front end with a passenger sounds like the front end is coming apart!. Its SOoooooooooooo Embarrassing and just a testament to my friends who swore they'd never own another Ford because of their own past experiences. So to them nothing has changed.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #275
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 9 Shade-010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Agreed 1000% -FORD MAN UP AND FIX OUR SHIT
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Old 05-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #276
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
We should all take our cars in at the exact same time across the country... It'd be hard to deny a problem if every dealer had a few cars with the same "problem" at the same time.
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 05-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #277
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
We should all take our cars in at the exact same time across the country... It'd be hard to deny a problem if every dealer had a few cars with the same "problem" at the same time.
lmao. Dooo ittt!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #278
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
Interesting... not a bad idea
Old 05-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #279
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
Interesting... not a bad idea
Modern Day Car Sit-in so to speak... Wouldn't be doing anything wrong or being asses. But it would make a statement.
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 05-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #280
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
Hi Noemi-
I am not sure if escalating it will help. It seems to be a very hard to fix problem. They are trying their best but have just not figured it out yet...
Hey gtncpa,

I'm sure the dealer is doing their best to get to the root of the problem. However, be aware, part of the repair process consists of documenting these concerns utilizing internal resources in order to assure those who can provide expertise, engineers, have access to the necessary information.

When you are ready to escalate the concern, please don't hesitate to send me the PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
The biggest problem for me has been duplication of the noise...I'm hoping I won't get stonewalled tomorrow morning by this new dealer and they're at least willing to listen to me. I also have the wiper gasket recall to take care of, plus an annoying issue with SYNC I'd like to have checked.Noemi, I've already contacted my customer service rep about this, she's opened the case back up and will follow up with me on Thursday.
Zillon,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address your concern, and for keeping me in the loop. I'll await a response from you detailing the results of the visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomtl View Post
agreed! after reading this entire thread, someone who's experiencing this issue is not really tempted to adventure in escalating to their local dealer...
glad we at least have this community here to share knowledge!
Afternoon ricomtl,

You guys are a great support system to each other; and I thank you for allowing me, as well as my partners at the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center, be a part of the solution.

I would imagine any dealership visit would be an adventure since many of the concerns sent our way tends to be intermittent, and therefore, difficult to diagnose. However, please don't let this stop you from making that call and requesting assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeremyy View Post
Well, unfortunately my clunk seems to be back...At this point, I'm rather frustrated because not only am I having the low speed clunk problem, I'm also on my 3rd headliner which still doesn't seem to be installed correctly, and my engine is making a strange ticking noise...
Hey jjeremyy,

Give us the opportunity to re-address the noise concern. If you've not done so, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN. I'll escalate the issue to the attention of the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
Took mine in this afternoon for a few things, DCT, Ventilation issues and the same noise most of you are experiencing. Mine will pop on turning and when braking. Will advise what I find out when they get back with me...
Hello Montana,

It's a pleasure to meet you!

I noticed your location; are you a fellow Ford co-worker? If you are, I'm sure you know the process. I'll be more than happy to escalate your concerns to the Customer Service Manager for your area. Shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN to begin the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Yeah I found it quite interesting that one of the guys had the exact same symptoms I and others have...Anyone that's sitting on the fence waiting to see what happens should schedule to have your car brought to your dealership for this issue. The more people that report the problem the more attention it gives us a a whole. Also you'll want a documented history of this issue; The sooner the better so that when a fix does come out one day there will be NO debate that your car qualifies, etc.
Hey Dysan911,

Your advice is well sounded. Documentation will bring the concern to the attention of engineers. This will then prompt a fix that will help guide the dealerships service personel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
Agreed. I've been to the dealership 5 times, each time it's in the shop for days, sometimes weeks and it leaves the dealership in the same condition it came in....My rear seat is still coming apart...
HornedFrog05,

Your frustration is understandable; you have taken the necessary steps to have these issues addressed. Now allow me the opportunity to help you. I have received your message; Iím hoping to respond to you by tomorrow. So, be on the lookout for my PM.

Take care all, and thank you for being a part of the Ford Family!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordService; 05-17-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks