2012 a/c problem - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #51
dcamfam
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93153
What I Drive: 2012 5 door Focus White

FF Reputation: 1 dcamfam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 Focus Air Conditioner Ongoing Problems

Well I am at the end of my rope. The air conditioner is still acting up. It has a mind of its own. The Dealer after making promises of cleaning the vents, and going to consult with the ford hot line, and engenering, called and said there really is nothing they can do unless I bring it in when it is acting up. Well since it happens for just a few minutes, when it wants, I guess I won't get it fixed. Its ashame, that with all the people posting on this site, as well as other google results, that Ford should at least acknowledge that there is a problem, instead of making us think that we are 1. out of our mind 2. making it up 3. that no problem exists.

Reading several of the posts here and other google results, the culpret seems to be MOLD in the system. In the vents and or cabin filter.

If I dont get a resolution soon, I will be selling my NEW under 4500 mile car...Yes at a loss. The smell is that putrid...Makes my wife sick to her stomach...and since I always have the last word in my house (yes dear) gonna get me a car that works...Will it be a FORD? Have been an owner of Fords since the first Mustang in High School...yeah 1964 1/2 but guess I will be shopping around. Sounds like a class action suit brewing......really disappointed in the response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #52
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Sorry to hear you are still having problems dcamfam. I had to start using the a/c here again as it got in the high 80s today and mine still continues to get the a/c smell when it cuts out at low fan speeds or sitting at a stoplights. I just don't have the time or energy to deal with service on this car once again. Understand your frustrutation as I am a long time Ford owner also and it's been one thing after another with recalls, FSA's, TSB's it's over the top. I am embarrased for Ford too.

If you haven't already, I would suggest PM'ing FordCustomerService on this board for escalation to your regional manager. That's if you want to go through that process.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:05 AM   #53
dcamfam
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93153
What I Drive: 2012 5 door Focus White

FF Reputation: 1 dcamfam Good Standing Member
focus air conditioner reply

Thanks for your response. With all the responses here, how can Ford Service, with a straight face tell me when I go in that they dont know of anyone else having a problem. Even after I printed out many responses from this site. Your right, I too am embarassed for Ford...I even bought stock to show my support for the Industry....now, off to buy the For Sale Sign
Old 05-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #54
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by asting View Post
...This car is more than capable of cooling in hot weather when everything is functioning. Don't let the talk of AC deter you. I've got a black focus, and have spent the last week in florida with it. It gets cold fast, and stays cold...
Hello asting,

Hope you hit some beaches while in the sunny state!

Thanks for your comment. Itís true not all Focus owners are experiencing the A/C issue. However, for those who are, we are here to escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard35 View Post
The a/c in my car has "never" worked properly since day one...My poor Siberian Husky Puppy hates to drive in the car now because it's blowing HOT air on him! Anyway, I have an appointment to have the a/c fixed...
Blizzard35,

Oh no, the poor doggy! My best friend cruises around with me all the time; so I know the importance of a working A/C unit. Aside from the dealership visit you mentioned, a representative from the Ford of Canadaís Customer Relationship Center will also add another layer of assistance. Give them a call at 1.800.565.3673.

Beautiful dogs by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticWhite View Post
618 miles on my focus and a/c is not working. Took Wife and Kid out for mothers days pictures and all our hairs were messed up. After reading these post, Looks like I will be heading to dealeship.
Afternoon ArticWhite,

ArghÖhumidity messed up, no less! My curls canít stand the thought.

This cooling issue needs to be addressed by the Customer Service Manager for your area. Shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN to begin the escalation process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus_freak33 View Post
I actually have not noticed a problem with the A/C not getting cold as most people have in this thread. My car I have had since March 21, 2012. I actually a couple of times have noticed my A/C making some noises, like from the blower or something, and I have taken it to my local dealer, and they could not find anything wrong...so who knows. It does not do this all the time, just on occasion...
focus_freak33,

It does become a challenge to properly diagnose intermittent concerns. Continue working with the dealer to have the noise located. If it becomes more frequent and pronounce, please send me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN. I'll be happy to escalate the issue to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTJBENNETT View Post
I have taken my 2012 ford focus in twice for problems with the air conditioner not working intermittantly. It does it randomly and the car heats up and a foul stale smell comes from the air vents.The mechanic states he can't find anything wrong . The ac works ok most of the time but when it goes out for several minutes in the texas heat it can become unbearable.
Hey LTJBENNETT,

Letís also add: intolerable, agonizing, and insufferable to that list.

The Customer Service Manager for your area will be interested in getting to the bottom of the cooling issue. Please make another appointment with your dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number to begin the escalation process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcamfam View Post
Well I am at the end of my rope. The air conditioner is still acting up. It has a mind of its own. The Dealer after making promises of cleaning the vents, and going to consult with the ford hot line, and engenering, called and said there really is nothing they can do unless I bring it in when it is acting up...
Afternoon dcamfam,

I hear your frustration loud and clear. I have contacted the Customer Service Manager originally assigned to your case to have this further addressed. Keep me posted on the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
...If you haven't already, I would suggest PM'ing FordCustomerService on this board for escalation to your regional manager. ..
Thanks csvt2060,

I appreciate you advising your fellow poster to contact me.

Take care all!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 05-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #55
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
I have an "issue" (put it in quotes because I'm not sure it is in fact an issue), where the A/C gets cool, but it never really gets cold. I recognize the Focus is smaller than the 2005 Escape that I traded in for it, but my Escape would blow ice cold air. With the Focus, it never seems to get really cold, to the point that if I turn the air off from the highest setting, it seems like only a few minutes will pass before I'm turning it back up.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #56
ArticWhite
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98968
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford Wht. Focus Artic int.

FF Reputation: 1 ArticWhite Good Standing Member
Happy to report

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hello asting,

Hope you hit some beaches while in the sunny state!

Thanks for your comment. Itís true not all Focus owners are experiencing the A/C issue. However, for those who are, we are here to escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager.

Blizzard35,

Oh no, the poor doggy! My best friend cruises around with me all the time; so I know the importance of a working A/C unit. Aside from the dealership visit you mentioned, a representative from the Ford of Canadaís Customer Relationship Center will also add another layer of assistance. Give them a call at 1.800.565.3673.

Beautiful dogs by the way.

Afternoon ArticWhite,

ArghÖhumidity messed up, no less! My curls canít stand the thought.

This cooling issue needs to be addressed by the Customer Service Manager for your area. Shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN to begin the escalation process.

focus_freak33,

It does become a challenge to properly diagnose intermittent concerns. Continue working with the dealer to have the noise located. If it becomes more frequent and pronounce, please send me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN. I'll be happy to escalate the issue to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Hey LTJBENNETT,

Letís also add: intolerable, agonizing, and insufferable to that list.

The Customer Service Manager for your area will be interested in getting to the bottom of the cooling issue. Please make another appointment with your dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number to begin the escalation process.

Afternoon dcamfam,

I hear your frustration loud and clear. I have contacted the Customer Service Manager originally assigned to your case to have this further addressed. Keep me posted on the results.

Thanks csvt2060,

I appreciate you advising your fellow poster to contact me.

Take care all!

Noemi
Got my Focus back yesterday with a NEWer compressor. Prestige Ford really took care of me and renewed my confidence... My metal plates came in
while car was there and they even put them on for me... Nice to have cold a/c while driving here in Texas.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #57
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticWhite View Post
Got my Focus back yesterday with a NEWer compressor. Prestige Ford really took care of me and renewed my confidence... My metal plates came in
while car was there and they even put them on for me... Nice to have cold a/c while driving here in Texas.

There is now multiple accounts here of A/C problems and the only fix has been replacement of the compressor -- seems to me this is where most, if not all, the A/C problems are coming from. Ford, get to the bottom of this...

Brian
Old 05-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #58
Hawktwoe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91129
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sedan 5spd SGM

FF Reputation: 1 Hawktwoe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post
I have an "issue" (put it in quotes because I'm not sure it is in fact an issue), where the A/C gets cool, but it never really gets cold. I recognize the Focus is smaller than the 2005 Escape that I traded in for it, but my Escape would blow ice cold air. With the Focus, it never seems to get really cold, to the point that if I turn the air off from the highest setting, it seems like only a few minutes will pass before I'm turning it back up.
Same "issue" here. No foul odor, no odd fan pattern. In order to keep the cabin comfortable, I have to have the a/c on max and the fan wide open. It was only degrees and the a/c would only keep the car comfortable. I'm thinking it should get cold.
63 Galaxie 500XL fastback
94 FXSTC
Old 05-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #59
Hawktwoe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91129
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sedan 5spd SGM

FF Reputation: 1 Hawktwoe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawktwoe View Post
Same "issue" here. No foul odor, no odd fan pattern. In order to keep the cabin comfortable, I have to have the a/c on max and the fan wide open. It was only degrees and the a/c would only keep the car comfortable. I'm thinking it should get cold.
80 degrees, sorry.
63 Galaxie 500XL fastback
94 FXSTC
Old 05-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #60
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawktwoe View Post
I'd take it in (or talk to the ford representative here), as it should definitely get cold (or what feels like cold) in Indiana. Mine gets very cool. Get it taken care of early, so it doesn't bother you later.

Bookmarks & Social Networks