2012 Focus fuel gauge problem - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #11
Pamzilla
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88998
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Pamzilla Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Fuel system bust

You won't believe this, but they had to replace my fuel tank system as well in my 2012 Ford Focus. I got stranded on the road 3 times due to this failure. The first failure came just 6 days after I drove it off the lot! Mine also said I had 45 miles left when it ran out...
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #12
enigma1083
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89287
What I Drive: 2012, red, Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 enigma1083 Good Standing Member
My stealer erra dealer has had it 3 times so far. He has changed the sensor or so he says, re calibrated it, and replaced the instrument cluster. These pitiful attempts have failed. I have given them information about repairs that poisoncloud provided me. Called Ford Customer service all as I get is denial that there is any other Focuses out there with this problem. Ford customer service closed out the complaint before they even checked with me to see if it works. Now the dealer wants me to take a 500 mile road trip and perform some tests at a half and a 1/4 tank. I'm thinking 500 miles humm Maybe I could drive to Detroit and relieve myself on Henry Ford's grave!!

YOU CAN HELP OUT FELLOW FOCUS OWNERS BY SUBMITTING A COMPLAINT ON LINE TO NHTSA AT:
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml

Last edited by enigma1083; 09-20-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 09-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #13
enigma1083
Focus Rookie

How about it Natasha All these Focuses with the same problem. When does Ford get out of the denial mode? Remember the Pinto
Old 09-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #14
enigma1083
Focus Rookie

I just reported mine to NHTSA please report yours as well. Maybe the feds can make things work better. This is the complaint site
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml
Old 01-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #15
Lardgee47
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92598
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SE

FF Reputation: 1 Lardgee47 Good Standing Member
Same problem in Newfoundland, Canada

I have the same problem with my 2012 Ford Focus. Got the car Dec. 7/2011 and had to bring it back on Dec. 9/2011 with the same fuel gauge issue. They replaced the vacuum purge valve and it seemed to work for 2 days, then it went again. I filled the tank up completely then 1 hour later it showed a notch above empty. And I only drove the car 5km. Going back to the dealer again today and I hope they can fix it or they may be getting this car back.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #16
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardgee47 View Post
I have the same problem with my 2012 Ford Focus. Got the car Dec. 7/2011 and had to bring it back on Dec. 9/2011 with the same fuel gauge issue. They replaced the vacuum purge valve and it seemed to work for 2 days, then it went again. I filled the tank up completely then 1 hour later it showed a notch above empty. And I only drove the car 5km. Going back to the dealer again today and I hope they can fix it or they may be getting this car back.
Hi Lardgee47,

To have your vehicle issues addressed, please call Ford UK Customer Relationship Center at 0845.841.1111, as they will be able to discuss your concerns.

Please keep me posted on the results.

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 05-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #17
kcsunapee
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98499
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver 5-Door SE

FF Reputation: 1 kcsunapee Good Standing Member
Me Too!!!

I am having the same issue (plus additional headaches) with my 2012 Focus SE. Started with a check engine light that indicated small leak in the emissions system. Dealer diagnosed as leaking evap caister. Driving home from dealer, discovered that when they pressurized the system it caused some kind of issue that prevented me from adding fuel at anything faster than a trickle. ~2 weeks later my gas gauge started acting crazy. Stayed at full for unreasonable amount of time, etc.. Dealer finally replace the evap canister, was able to add gas, but gas gauge was still wonky. They had my car for a week, replaced the "sending unit" in the fuel tank, and said it was better, but different. They gave me a song & dance about an "anti-slosh" feature that has it reacting a bit differently than what I had been used to. I've had it back for 3-1/2 days & the check engine light just came back on. I am not a happy camper. Neither with my dealer, nor Ford. This is the first time in my life (I am 47) I bought a brand new car, and it's been a huge disappointment. I really love the way this car drives, handles, etc., but the problems are making me think Lemon Law & another auto-maker.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #18
poisoncloud
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88442
What I Drive: 2012 Focus hatchback

Points 431, Level 8
Points: 431, Level: 8 Points: 431, Level: 8 Points: 431, Level: 8
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 poisoncloud Good Standing Member
My gas gauge stays on full for the first 100 miles and then starts dropping,My previous Fords seemed to stay on full longer than they should have also.I understand your frustration about buying a new car and having problems with it,cars are very expensive and you would expect that they would get it right before production.I hope you get the problem resolved so you can enjoy the great mileage and ride that this car has to offer.I think I would also try a different dealer .You could PM the Ford service rep Natasha that posts on Focus Fanatics. Good Luck
Old 05-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #19
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsunapee View Post
I am having the same issue (plus additional headaches) with my 2012 Focus SE. Started with a check engine light that indicated small leak in the emissions system. Dealer diagnosed as leaking evap caister...
Hi kcsunapee,

to the forum!

Iíll be happy to arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager, and have the fuel gauge issue reviewed. In order to do so, please PM your VIN, phone number, mileage, and dealer information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisoncloud View Post
....You could PM the Ford service rep Natasha that posts on Focus Fanatics...
Hey poisoncloud,

Thanks for advising our fellow poster.

Natasha is currently helping our family members on Ford's Customer Service Face Book page. If you come across someone else who will benefit from my help, don't hesitate to give me a shout out.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 05-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #20
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Taking my Focus in a second time for fuel gauge related issues....

Last edited by DougC; 05-18-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.