Remote Start and "Open Door Shut Off" - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #61
tshugart3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96203
What I Drive: 2012 Silver 5-Dr Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 tshugart3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yamazama,

I think I know what the deal with the tach-off function is. I think that the remote start uses the tachometer (if the car has one), to know when to stop cranking the starter. Otherwise, it either cranks for 8 or 1 seconds, depending on the selected setting. Also, I think that when they install the module they sync it up to "learn" your car's tach instrument. So, I'll bet that when you turn it to off, the car is chirping because it has learned your tach but now you're telling it that you don't have one. I'd imagine the error code might go away if you force it to un-learn your tach or reset it and start from scratch with no tach.

Dont know if you already know all of this, but that's my guess as to how our remote start works.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #62
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
I'm trying to hunt down the red LED and button on my module. It's also tucked up behind the glovebox but I can't see any LED (car running or not) or button. Am I missing something super-obvious?

I have the install manual and am looking through there for more details to try and see where I could expect the installer to have located it. In the meantime, here are some photos in case you folks want to take a look...

Thanks!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #63
tshugart3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96203
What I Drive: 2012 Silver 5-Dr Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 tshugart3 Good Standing Member
Remote start program button location

My button is installed on a line line that runs down from behind the glovebox. There is a false panel under and behind the glovebox door that is held on by two yellow squeeze-to-release fasteners. Just remove those fasteners and pull that panel down out of the way. My program button was hanging down behind there.

Hope that help...

- Tom
'12 Titanium
Old 05-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #64
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshugart3 View Post
My button is installed on a line line that runs down from behind the glovebox. There is a false panel under and behind the glovebox door that is held on by two yellow squeeze-to-release fasteners. Just remove those fasteners and pull that panel down out of the way. My program button was hanging down behind there.

Hope that help...

- Tom
'12 Titanium
Thanks for the info - I was tied up all weekend and haven't touched it yet, but I'll look there later.

MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #65
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Alright, so I pulled the panel under the glove box and found the button... but for the life of me I cannot see a LED anywhere!

I turned all the lights off and did it in a dark garage but there was no light coming from anywhere up there. I was able to get into the setup menu (brake tap, horn honks, etc.) and cycle through the option banks - at least one of them should've turned the LED on but I saw nothing. Short of removing the whole dang glove box... any ideas?

Old 05-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #66
Cserban
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98360
What I Drive: 2012 white Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Cserban Good Standing Member
Does anybody has the installation manual for the factory remote start by any chance?
I want to see if it's easy to install before I go purchase one.
Thank you.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #67
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cserban View Post
Does anybody has the installation manual for the factory remote start by any chance?
I want to see if it's easy to install before I go purchase one.
Thank you.
http://www.partscheap.com/v/vspfiles...ries%20100.pdf

Old 05-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #68
Cserban
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98360
What I Drive: 2012 white Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Cserban Good Standing Member
Thank you much TiPilot.
This will really help me make a decision between a Prestige system and the OEM.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #69
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cserban View Post
Thank you much TiPilot.
This will really help me make a decision between a Prestige system and the OEM.
Welcome!

For what it's worth, if you have a choice, I'd do everything you can to see that you get the Bi-Directional system if you go OEM.

I didn't even know such a thing existed when I ordered my remote start from the dealer (with the original purchase) and received the standard system. Not even sure if there is/was a way to specific one or the other. For me, not being able to get the feedback that the car started is a big drawback.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #70
treoless
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96715
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 treoless Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Welcome!

For what it's worth, if you have a choice, I'd do everything you can to see that you get the Bi-Directional system if you go OEM.

I didn't even know such a thing existed when I ordered my remote start from the dealer (with the original purchase) and received the standard system. Not even sure if there is/was a way to specific one or the other. For me, not being able to get the feedback that the car started is a big drawback.
I didn't know either until I read this post yesterday. Called the dealership today and was told they had never heard of an OEM bi-directional system. Called the dealer's contracted installer and was told the same thing. The contractor called their parts vendor and was told the bi-directional system is not available on 2012 Focus w/push start.

I almost gave up but tried calling 1-800-FORDKEY. The agent confirmed the bi-directional system IS available and the part # is CM5Z-19G364-D. Gave the part# to the installer and they were able to find it. They offered to swap it in for $200 (parts+labor). I thought it was a little steep because the price difference is only $72 and they would only need to change the wiring harness. Called the dealer again for help getting the price down. Then the installer called me saying the dealer was willing to pay $125 for labor and I just need to pay $75. It's been a week since I paid for and took delivery of my car. They did this just to make me happy. The way they do business really changed my view of car salesmen.

Bookmarks & Social Networks