My Ford Touch Thread - Page 162 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #1611
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
IMO it's much better than 2.11.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #1612
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Welcome to the club Hillbilly. I feel your pain! It would be an easier pill to swallow if it even came close to being this "magic bullet" that Ford made it sound like it would be but at this point all I can keep telling myself is:

"It may still be broken, but at least it is ugly (and less functional)!"

I'm going to have to use that line with passengers who comment on it all the time. Helps that there haven't been any preset numbers or current station numbers on the screen since day 2.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #1613
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC View Post
Objection, your honour! Counsel is assuming facts not in evidence!

I took my Focus in to the dealer to get my summer wheels and tires swapped, and got an involuntary downgrade to MFT3 in the process. It's even more of a dog's breakfast in actuality than I had feared from the reports and screenshots I saw here. Now I get to figure out how much time I allow Ford to fix this before I start car-shopping.
Darn that hurts ... what a joke with the upgrade. I also noticed on my ETIS that there is a recall for the "performance upgrade". I will absolutely make 100% sure they do not perform this when I take it in for the other recalls and some service I need done. If by any chance they did do this after I demanded they didn't my favorite dealer would no longer be that and I would demand a refund for the whole MFT system.

I feel like somehow disabling or locking up my USB ports just so they can't perform this MFT3 downgrade. But since the PCM update needs to use the USB ports guess i can't lock them out. I will be putting a huge note over my screen and the ports saying "DO NOT PERFORM MFT3 PERFORMANCE UPGRADE!!! OR ELSE!" along with telling the service manager to make sure they leave my functional and feature rich MFT v2.10 system just the way it is.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #1614
Altis
Focus Addict

That's how I felt, too, noahsfocus... for me, BT completely stopped working, and no amount of fuse pulling or battery disconnecting seemed to revive it.

Of course, the first thing they do to resolve anything MFT related is update it... otherwise, they won't try to fix it.

Now that I'm on the god-forsaken MFT 3, I plan on taking it in whenever it's all messed up so that Ford is at least aware of these problems... They have no idea how many people are pulling fuses and performing delayed reboots from the internet.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #1615
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Hello Altis ... yea thats a bummer BT quit working completelty. I guess if MFT3 fixed that for you then it had to be done. I realize I am extremely lucky to have a good working MFT v2 system (for now, fingers crossed) and maybe one of the few who hasn't had many problems with it. I kept my original v2.10 and never upgraded to the v2.11 so maybe that has something to do with it. Sure it's slow to boot up and sometimes doesn't pair with my phone (always fixes itself by rebooting MFT and sometimes cycling BT on/off on both devices) but overall has never given me any headaches or needed any fuse pulls or delayed reboots.
In the last year it has frozen up only twice leaving me with only volume control but each time it fixed itself with a "performing system maintenance" session. BT, Nav, USB audio, and Voice control always worked (pretty much) flawlessly. Along with having an appealing UI with relevant important info and features including favorite buttons that work is worth keeping for me. If I had to be forced to get this MFT3 update or no more warranty service I probably would just void my warranty service rather then screw up MFT. I guess if it finally breaks down completely like in your case then and only then would I do this horrible MFT3 install.
Goodluck with your system and definitely keep complaining to Ford about all the bugs that plague the MFT3 system. I bet Ford dealers are getting so fed up with MFT!!! LOL
Old 05-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #1616
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95110
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
OK folks, I just attended a Ford sponsored event in downtown Houston advertising the Focus Electric & new eco boost Escape. There was a 2013 Escape SE model that I was able to check out & 4 Focus electric cars that the public was allowed to drive. The one I drove was loaded out (including MFT v3) & was really fun to drive. It was very smooth & there was no DCT!

Now, the reason for this post is that I actually drove one of the cars with a Ford engineer & talked to her about the ongoing MFT v3 problems. I referred her to this FF site & the outofmytouch.com site. I told her that Gen3 Focus MFT owners are expecting a v4 upgrade to address the continuing problems. While we were in the car I explained to her several of the problems we have experienced such as pre-set stations/channels disappearing on the entertainment quadrant, phone connectivity problems such as the message that pops up saying that Bluetooth is off even though I never turn it off. I also explained the issue with the radio station changing to a random FM station at the end of a phone call. I also mentioned that the two “favorites” settings on the steering wheel can no longer be programmed. I told her about other issues too but my primary massage was that the Focus is just too great of a car to be saddled with a sub-par MFT system that now has less features than with v2.11 but with lingering problems. She seemed genuinely interested & appreciated my feedback. She said she will bring it up herself within Ford. I don’t know how much my discussion today will help us, but I just had to take the opportunity to talk face-to-face with a Ford engineer about the MFT system.

http://fuelfix.com/blog/2012/05/10/h...ocus-electric/
Old 05-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #1617
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post

I feel like somehow disabling or locking up my USB ports just so they can't perform this MFT3 downgrade. But since the PCM update needs to use the USB ports guess i can't lock them out.
They don't use the USB ports for PCM upgrades. That's what the OBD port is for above the hood release. The USB's are used for APIM upgrades.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #1618
Altis
Focus Addict

That's good yours is still working. My lady's MFT 2.11 is still working well enough for her as well... she really doesn't want 3 after seeing mine. Mine used to work pretty well, with only the occasional freeze.

Good luck with your system holding up!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #1619
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bengal View Post
OK folks, I just attended a Ford sponsored event in downtown Houston advertising the Focus Electric & new eco boost Escape. There was a 2013 Escape SE model that I was able to check out & 4 Focus electric cars that the public was allowed to drive. The one I drove was loaded out (including MFT v3) & was really fun to drive. It was very smooth & there was no DCT!

Now, the reason for this post is that I actually drove one of the cars with a Ford engineer & talked to her about the ongoing MFT v3 problems. I referred her to this FF site & the outofmytouch.com site. I told her that Gen3 Focus MFT owners are expecting a v4 upgrade to address the continuing problems. While we were in the car I explained to her several of the problems we have experienced such as pre-set stations/channels disappearing on the entertainment quadrant, phone connectivity problems such as the message that pops up saying that Bluetooth is off even though I never turn it off. I also explained the issue with the radio station changing to a random FM station at the end of a phone call. I also mentioned that the two “favorites” settings on the steering wheel can no longer be programmed. I told her about other issues too but my primary massage was that the Focus is just too great of a car to be saddled with a sub-par MFT system that now has less features than with v2.11 but with lingering problems. She seemed genuinely interested & appreciated my feedback. She said she will bring it up herself within Ford. I don’t know how much my discussion today will help us, but I just had to take the opportunity to talk face-to-face with a Ford engineer about the MFT system.

http://fuelfix.com/blog/2012/05/10/h...ocus-electric/
I'm glad to hear you actually were able to go one on one with a Ford rep and show/explain a lot of our problems.

Also, I'm a tad disappointed... I kind of wish even the gasoline Focus models with MFT had the double LCD cluster. Looks neat!
Sonic Crew #28
Old 05-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #1620
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bengal View Post
I listen to a local AM sports station sometimes & my radio will always switch to an FM station (one that is preset on my favorites list) when a call ends.
Same here - if I receive a call, or often even if I'm just coming from a different audio source, and go back to the radio it almost always starts up on a completely random station. Not even one of my presets, just a completely random station that MFT appears to have picked out of the blue. This forces me to have to cycle through all my presets (when using the steering wheel controls) in order to get back to whatever station I was on in the first place.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6

Bookmarks & Social Networks