2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 24 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #231
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Alright!

Everyone interested in logging your issue, please visit the following link and answer the questions to the best of your knowledge and ability. You shouldn't need a Google account to answer. Please fill out the survey ONCE.

Survey: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lUekE6MQ#gid=0

Survey Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3dTWUpENDlUekE

If anyone has any suggestions on things to add, please feel free to suggest. I've covered everything I thought of off the top of my head.
Just to reiterate, help others with this problem by filling out the aforementioned survey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 02:44 AM   #232
SD Focus1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97565
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 SD Focus1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So I got my Titanium Hatchback back from the dealer. The sunroof was replaced so the leak issue is fixed, but the dealer said they could not find the clunk noise from the front right of the car and said "no problem found". So I am a bit frustrated. The noise is now intermittent; sometimes it’s more noticeable at times than others. And the 2012 Focus SEL sedan I was given for a loaner did not have the noise. I guess right now I will just wait until it gets louder or something breaks on it and then Ford will have to replace the part under warranty.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #233
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12FOCUS S View Post
Hello, Ford Customer Service. I am having a clunking noise in the front end. It sounds like upper bearing mounts/strut mounts on a 2012 Focus S with only 550 miles. I also have a rear seat cover where the threads have fallen out and has come undone! This is frustrating for a new vehicle.

Please let me know, I need to get these issue(s) resolved.
Bummer... we have the same issues, my rear seats are coming off of the backing. I'm really starting to hate this car and FORD for not owning up to the problem.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #234
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
My Service Rep called me a moment ago and said they did the latest update for the TSB 12B37 campaign which addresses some issues regarding the DCT tranny, etc.

However they were still working on the noise issue and said he wasn't sure if it would be ready by the time I got there. He said, first of all it was difficult to locate the noise but that they have it torn down and if its not ready by the time I come to get it that they would put me in a loaner.

I will try to find out more today when I get there in a couple hours. Maybe they've found something that others were never able to find. Fingers crossed!
Old 05-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #235
Mamameah4
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98840
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Mamameah4 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by OreFocus View Post
Approaching 7500 mi and I've just started noticing the same rattle/clunking sound coming from the driver's side front area at low speeds.
7500 is when mine started. I had one of the techs with me when i took it in for a wiper switch fail, he said they would look at it, i totally forgot to ask i was really missing my car. (they gave me a fiesta until it was fixed)

Guess i should call him.

Sound slike it wont go anywhere though....
Old 05-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #236
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Just got another call from Service Rep. He said they are going to need to order some parts. He mentioned Strut / Strut tower parts, I'll get specifics when I pick the car up tonight. I asked if they determined this was definitely the cause for the noise or just high hopes that these parts may resolve it. He said, "Oh no, we know it's definitely the cause for the noise, we have these sensor boxes that we can locate on and around the car, 4 of them that work like electronic ears to help us pinpoint the location and that's definitely where the issue is. Its safe to drive though so you can pick it up tonight, when the parts come in I'll call you back in for the install".

So, that's where things stand with me as of now.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #237
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Told me they are replacing BOTH struts, something about a Top brace plate and Strut bearings. He said the noise is coming from in between the Strut below and the Top of the shock tower. So something in there is what they feel the problem is.

Parts expected some time next week.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #238
josh1899
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92642
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 josh1899 Good Standing Member
Had mine replaced as well. Sorry to say that the noise persists .....Both struts and strut bearings. Good luck.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #239
jpr0204
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91197
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Sedan 5-Speed Stick

FF Reputation: 1 jpr0204 Good Standing Member
Good Evening All,

Sorry it has been a few days since I posted. Been very busy with work and my daughter. Well, I about ruled out the dealership as well as everyone in Ford customer relations to get this noise fixed. I took it upon myself to disconnect the front sway bar end links and take it for a ride. Well, I wish I could say that made the noise go away, but it didn't. The noise is still present even with the front end links disconnected, so that leads me to rule them out as a possible issue. Anybody else try anything different? I recall someone saying that the coolant expansion tank is quite flimsy and and is only retained by one clip. I took a look at mine and I agree it is flimsy but it is not moving around.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #240
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpr0204 View Post
Good Evening All,

Sorry it has been a few days since I posted. Been very busy with work and my daughter. Well, I about ruled out the dealership as well as everyone in Ford customer relations to get this noise fixed. I took it upon myself to disconnect the front sway bar end links and take it for a ride. Well, I wish I could say that made the noise go away, but it didn't. The noise is still present even with the front end links disconnected, so that leads me to rule them out as a possible issue. Anybody else try anything different? I recall someone saying that the coolant expansion tank is quite flimsy and and is only retained by one clip. I took a look at mine and I agree it is flimsy but it is not moving around.
Well, there goes that theory out the window...

Damn.

Bookmarks & Social Networks