Steeda CAI Now Available - Page 38 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #371
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantz12 View Post
What's the difference here between the RAM and the CAI? With the ram do you remove the stock air box? Sorry, modding noob here.
The RAI does not have the heat shield that the CAI has, that is the only difference. Yes you remove the stock airbox for the ram air, it just sits open in the engine bay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #372
wantz12
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89237
What I Drive: 2012 White FF Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 wantz12 Good Standing Member
Follow on question. Did Steeda and FSWerks opt not to remove the stock box b/c it's already efficient? A cost/benefit sorta thing (I remember this being said earlier). If so, when do Injen and AEM remove the box?

Also...what is the point of a RAM air without a heat shield...you're just sucking hot air in. Sure, you may not get the hydrolock problems, but I've read that that's not really THAT big of an issue to begin with.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #373
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantz12 View Post
Follow on question. Did Steeda and FSWerks opt not to remove the stock box b/c it's already efficient? A cost/benefit sorta thing (I remember this being said earlier). If so, when do Injen and AEM remove the box?

Also...what is the point of a RAM air without a heat shield...you're just sucking hot air in. Sure, you may not get the hydrolock problems, but I've read that that's not really THAT big of an issue to begin with.
Both steeda and fswerks remove the stock box. The ram air not having the heat shield was to give a lower cost option. I have one but I am building my own heat shield, so it serves the benefit of me not having to buy a heat shield that i dont need.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #374
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
According to Fedex tracking info, Duffman is scheduled to receive a certain 2 items from Steeda on Friday!! That would be a great birthday present as I figured it wouldn't come till next week!! I am off Saturday and could definitely find time to install it during the day!!! Thank you Steeda for fast shipping and great communication. I don't doubt product quality based on prior purchasing decisions.

Edit : I lied, it is coming Saturday which is still great as I didn't think Fedex delivered on Saturday. Also, install might have to wait until Sunday as well which is ok too.
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8

Last edited by Duffman355; 04-27-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: I lied
Old 04-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #375
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Thats great Duffman, glad to hear they are getting it out to you sooner then you thought. :D
Moderator: Third Generation Ford Focus, DURATEC Ti-VCT GDI Performance Chat & Florida regional section
Old 04-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #376
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
I will post pics, yeah they still had SRI in stock so i didnt have to wait. It shouldnt be too complicated of a build, I didnt have the exact measurements of the intake so i couldnt do too much in advance, but basically my design is similar to theirs, i just added a full lid and a will be putting a hole in the bottom for newmissions gates heater hose mod to bring cold air in. I am using aluminum instead of mild steel. Probably will end up costing me about $150 over the intake, but my hope is the extra cold air gives me a couple more HP. I unfortunately might not have time to dyno stock, just after.
Well I have run into some issues with getting the metal to bend for my heat shield, it is too thick for any of the cheap bending brakes available, and i dont want to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on one, so I think I am going to start with cutting a bigger hole in the stock airbox and seeing if I can get the steeda air filter to fit in the stock box.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #377
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

blugggg, still waiting on my package as nobody was home to accept delivery. SO I went on the website and told them to hold it at the fedex by me, and the website is saying tomorrow now? I am going to run up there today and hope that it is there.
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Old 05-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #378
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

here's my review . . .

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286547

Pic

Me gusta mucho and yes it does complete its seal with the hood.
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Old 05-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #379
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

I install my short ram today, it is part one of the mods to it that are being done, I modified the stock housing to fit the velocity stack. I am still doing the griffin air ram mod(newmissions) to bring in cold air, and I am building at least a lid and maybe another side heat sheild from aluminum. I orginally was going to go all aluminum and still might but this was much easier. Taking off the engine cover made the install easier.

It sounds really good. deep growl.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #380
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
I have an engine cover on my car, will the intake still fit without any fitment issues with regards to the cover?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->