pre work out - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Off-Topic Discussions > Fitness Fanatics

Fitness Fanatics The place to discuss information on the latest workout programs, diets, nutrition and weight lifting.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #21
Mucrammada
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91537
What I Drive: 2013 Limited WRX Hatch, 2011 CTS

FF Reputation: 1 Mucrammada Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I started taking some supplements made by Advocare and i was very surprised with the results so I started selling their products. Their Muscle Gain, Arginine Extreme and Muscle Strength and the Muscle Fuel are an awesome regimen to take when you're trying to bulk up without getting the added side affects of bloating like you get with fillers and creatine.

I make up to $400 a month just maintaining the website. (Extra FOFO money) You should check out their sports performance products. And as of right recently, GNC is now banned in all NFL locker rooms, but Advocare is one of the only supplements that they allow in there. Check it out and give some products a try. And let me know if you buy anything on the website and I'll hook my fellow FOFO Fanatics with a free Advocare tshirt once they come in!

And let me know if you want to become a distributor. I can hook you up!

Here is my site: https://www.advocare.com/12058363/Products/default.aspx
Official Mayo Hater #5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #22
edingeek
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1152
What I Drive: 03 SVTf & 00 Xploder AWD 5.0

FF Reputation: 4 edingeek Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
^ Damnnnn that stuff is expensive! Lol.

$40 for 10 servings of 25g of protein, ouch! Plus, does not even say what KIND of protein (whey iso? whey conc? soy? milk? etc).

$50 for 14 post workout mixes... Double ouch! Lol.. and they use SOY for post workout??? WHY!?!?! Lol.. You want quick digesting whey and simple carbs post workout! Crazy crazy!!

And the Mass Impact... $70+ for mostly a creatine monohydrate blend!.. Dizzaaaaammmnnnn! lol :D

But... I'm all for making that money, so, right on! :)
Old 05-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #23
Mucrammada
Focus Enthusiast

Ha, yeah it is expensive it's because it's all pure components. I had a friend that got really sick due to the DMAA and a few other things in a lot of products. I also started to get a heart mur-mur using Neurostim. So I plan on keeping stuff more pure to stay away from that stuff.

Also, their protein is a blend of whey and casein.

Soy in a post workout is beneficial. It is a slow processing protein which works great if you consume right after a workout. It keeps your metabolism up and by the time you're actually supposed to be using the protein for a recovery it's already in the process of being broke down. Post workouts are most beneficial within 45min-1hour of your workout. (This is due to the fact that your body is still working out after you're done). The whey protein although does aid in recovery very fact in a post workout, it's effects aren't as strong and the proteins are more malnourished by the time they are assimilated.

And if you want to be a distributor let me know. It's like having a second job I don't even work for lol. We can thank the company for my catback,cai,soundsystem and wheels :).
Official Mayo Hater #5
Old 05-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #24
edingeek
Focus Addict

You want quick digesting proteins (whey) for post work out and upon waking... Slow digesting is best for before bed (casein).. Soy, I don't take at all due to "potential" estrogen elevation (research goes both ways on this)... I build my own protein mixes on truenutrition.com... for post workout I do a 40% mix of whey iso cold filtered and 20%/20%/20% mix of dextro/malto/wms (simple carbs) and my other times protein mix I'm trying a combo of 40% whey iso cold filtered, 20% pea, 20% milk protein, 20% beef protein... A combination of slow and fast digesting proteins for mid-day/before bed/etc protein :)

As for pure bulk compounds I order individual ingredients direct and make my own pre-workout and mid day blends using such things as ba/cm/taurine/b5/etc.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #25
Mucrammada
Focus Enthusiast

Like I said above the time you take your protein is biggest factor in this. With whey you're supposed to take it 45 min to an hour of your workout. And casein is only good before bed when it's paired with whey. Which is why eating cottage cheese or drinking milk before bed is very beneficial.

On a side note, that sounds like a good protein mixture! How much do you pay to mix your own?
Official Mayo Hater #5
Old 05-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #26
edingeek
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucrammada View Post
Like I said above the time you take your protein is biggest factor in this. With whey you're supposed to take it 45 min to an hour of your workout. And casein is only good before bed when it's paired with whey. Which is why eating cottage cheese or drinking milk before bed is very beneficial.

On a side note, that sounds like a good protein mixture! How much do you pay to mix your own?
Depends on the mix... a percentage of what you want in your mix... whey iso cold filtered is around $9 or so a pound... dex is only a cpl bucks a pound... For 16 pounds (8lbs of each mix) shipped I paid $120 or so... so, I paid about $7.50 a pound including cost of shipping on average.

And that's using the highest quality whey isolate cold filtered and not the cheaper concentrate whey which most places use.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #27
edingeek
Focus Addict

As for before bed I usually either make a protein shake mix (oats, fruit, ice, protein powder, milk, pb) or just drink a glass of liquid egg whites and a glass of milk lol.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #28
cjheck
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93670
What I Drive: 2001 focus wagon, 2003 Ranger 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 cjheck Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
i feel like im in the supplement section of bodybuilding.com right now lol

4 doors more whores!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #29
Mucrammada
Focus Enthusiast

Smart choice. I still really like the muscle protein I sell, I may try the site you do things on as well. I've been wanting to make a mix for a meal replacement!
Official Mayo Hater #5
Old 05-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #30
Mucrammada
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjheck View Post
i feel like im in the supplement section of bodybuilding.com right now lol
you are...