My Ford Touch Thread - Page 158 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #1571
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
I Dunno if this the right place to say this, but I had another bug/quirk with MFT this morning...or was it the radio...anyways: I was not able to turn the radio ''On'' using the MFT or the dash mounted on/off button...was only able to turn radio on using voice commands.

I did a search using the keyword ''radio'' and it came up with 50 plus pages...So, I'm posting this here. I have done ther V3.0 update myself a couple weeks ago and all was fine, beside the auto climate settings changing by themself a couple times a week and now the radio freeze...
Report both of your bugs at http://outofmytouch.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #1572
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Figured it would be a good FYI to remind everyone what has transpired since the announcement of v.3 MFT. Q&A from Ford document with my comments in line.

See the petition that was created by another member here if you would like to share your voice : https://www.change.org/petitions/for...-myford-touch#

How is the system faster? The response time of the touchscreen and the voice button is at least twice as fast as the current system. As well, the transition time between screens is significantly improved.

Not sure it's twice as fast, but it should because it has to deal with lower end graphics now.

How is the new upgrade simpler? We have re-designed the graphics of the touchscreen by removing low priority information, using larger and bolder fonts, clearly identifying buttons, simplifying the home screen, and using a consistent grid-based lay-out for all four corners (navigation, phone, entertainment, and climate).

In my opinion it's taken a step backwards in this regard. They also determined "simpler" means taking away our outside temperature display in the MFT screen, and for Focus owners eliminated the steering wheel shortcut buttons without prior consent or notice.

How has voice recognition experience been enhanced? We’ve improved the software to help ensure a better voice recognition experience. For instance, the response time when pressing the voice button is quicker, so drivers won’t experience a delay when conducting a voice request. Also, we’ve removed some command requirements, such as the need to state a street direction (i.e. “North” Telegraph Road) and extraneous artist information (i.e. Justin Bieber “[featuring Usher]”), making it easier to get what you want. And, we’ve added new features such as SIRIUS Game Finder, which allows you to simply say “Tune to the Lions game” and it will find which station is broadcasting the game. In addition, we have improved the online training materials available to customers.

Navigation street address is just as frustrating as before, not sure where the improvement is here. Have not tested other areas of VR.

Will this software Performance Upgrade solve your quality issues reported by JD Power and Consumer Reports? This software Performance Upgrade is the result of listening, learning and responding to our customers. Therefore we’re confident the ownership experience will be significantly improved, and the resulting third party quality testing will reflect this improvement.

If they were listing to customers, I wonder who they were, and the third party testers didn't seem to do their job.

Will the system still have black screens or reboots while driving? No, we do not expect customers will experience these issues anymore.

False, multiple reboots reported.

How do you know that these issues won’t happen again? We are confident in our testing process.

False, still has reboots, blanked out buttons, clock doesn't keep time as before, and still exibits the same "drumming" audio problem as before. All documented with pictures and video.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #1573
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
New one - hopped in the car to run to an appointment this afternoon and my quadrants were missing.

My Home screen displayed, sans quadrants, as did the map in Nav. I had to use voice commands ("Show Map") to get to the map, since there was no green Navigation area in the top-right to select it. Couldn't access Phone, Entertainment, or Climate functions since there's no voice way to bring those up to their main screens - at least not that I'm aware of.

Home screen without any quadrants:

Map in Nav mode, sans quadrants:

Remained like this for the entire drive. When I got back in the car later and started it up, all was normal.

I just had my APIM replaced a month ago and this thing's still as squirrely as ever.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #1574
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
How has voice recognition experience been enhanced? We’ve improved the software to help ensure a better voice recognition experience. For instance, the response time when pressing the voice button is quicker, so drivers won’t experience a delay when conducting a voice request. Also, we’ve removed some command requirements, such as the need to state a street direction (i.e. “North” Telegraph Road) and extraneous artist information (i.e. Justin Bieber “[featuring Usher]”), making it easier to get what you want. And, we’ve added new features such as SIRIUS Game Finder, which allows you to simply say “Tune to the Lions game” and it will find which station is broadcasting the game. In addition, we have improved the online training materials available to customers.

Navigation street address is just as frustrating as before, not sure where the improvement is here. Have not tested other areas of VR.
I can speak to the Ent portion of VR from my experience. Mine is significantly worse. It can now be a nightmare for me to play a song by voice. A few days ago I told it to play a song. It went through 13 screens of choices and me saying "None of those" before it got to the 14th screen that had the song listed. This, by way of disclosure, is my worst-case scenario. It is typically 5-6 screens. These are also songs that I have had in the car since before the update and have played by voice before, and they used to work fine, first try without even bringing up one "please choose" list so I know it is a new post-update occurence.

Unlike a lot of others, I never, with v2.11, had any major troubles with voice, including Nav so for me at least, the VR for the other three categories appears the same, no better, no worse.

Quote:
Will the system still have black screens or reboots while driving? No, we do not expect customers will experience these issues anymore.

False, multiple reboots reported.
I've had two BSOD/reboots so far and had to do one master reset because it was getting so twitchy.

Quote:
How do you know that these issues won’t happen again? We are confident in our testing process.
Nothing to add here other than "Man, that is funny!"
Old 05-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #1575
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
New one - hopped in the car to run to an appointment this afternoon and my quadrants were missing.

My Home screen displayed, sans quadrants, as did the map in Nav. I had to use voice commands ("Show Map") to get to the map, since there was no green Navigation area in the top-right to select it. Couldn't access Phone, Entertainment, or Climate functions since there's no voice way to bring those up to their main screens - at least not that I'm aware of.
I also notice your location is missing from below the compass. I have had this on several occasions and the only way for me to get it back is to set a route, drive for a couple of minutes, and then cancel the route (don't have to finish it). After doing this, my location is always back under the compass.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #1576
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I can speak to the Ent portion of VR from my experience. Mine is significantly worse. It can now be a nightmare for me to play a song by voice. A few days ago I told it to play a song. It went through 13 screens of choices and me saying "None of those" before it got to the 14th screen that had the song listed. This, by way of disclosure, is my worst-case scenario. It is typically 5-6 screens. These are also songs that I have had in the car since before the update and have played by voice before, and they used to work fine, first try without even bringing up one "please choose" list so I know it is a new post-update occurence.

Unlike a lot of others, I never, with v2.11, had any major troubles with voice, including Nav so for me at least, the VR for the other three categories appears the same, no better, no worse.

I've had two BSOD/reboots so far and had to do one master reset because it was getting so twitchy.

Nothing to add here other than "Man, that is funny!"
One BSOD and one master reset for me post-update.

I will say I've noticed VR is greatly improved on my end.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 05-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #1577
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilersox View Post
I think MFT's interface has this Chrysler interface beat easily. MFT is not "incomplete", it's simple, and simple is GOOD, especially in a freakin' car. If Ford got complaints that their system was too difficult to use, Chrysler is definitely going to be getting them. Would place a bet that Chrysler's will cause a lot more accidents, too.

It's not necessarily that it would be difficult to use, i.e. finding stuff. However, while driving, I don't think it would be the best to use. I can change the screen on MFT without even looking. I know that all I have to do is hit a corner. I would love to see you guess where the navigation is on this Chrysler interface.
Is that from experience from actually using both cars? The Chrysler is by far so much easier to use it is not even funny. My wife used my car for 2 months and had a problem getting used to the system. She was in the Journey for 1 day and had it all figured out...

Not to mention that if you actually pressed something it actually works, and doesn't take multiple presses or waits in between thus less frustration and less distraction.

Oh I guess you wouldn't know where to find the navigation anyways... hint: it is the button that says NAV.

I'll give you preference on the looks. I think MFT has a prettier look to it, but I take functionality over looks. Some guys keep it real.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #1578
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
Is that from experience from actually using both cars? The Chrysler is by far so much easier to use it is not even funny. My wife used my car for 2 months and had a problem getting used to the system. She was in the Journey for 1 day and had it all figured out...

Not to mention that if you actually pressed something it actually works, and doesn't take multiple presses or waits in between thus less frustration and less distraction.

Oh I guess you wouldn't know where to find the navigation anyways... hint: it is the button that says NAV.

I'll give you preference on the looks. I think MFT has a prettier look to it, but I take functionality over looks. Some guys keep it real.
He meant without looking at the screen. Oh but I guess you wouldn't know that because you don't know how to read.

Stop being such a dick to everyone.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 05-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #1579
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
He meant without looking at the screen. Oh but I guess you wouldn't know that because you don't know how to read.

Stop being such a dick to everyone.
I read it just fine... just explain it to me what is the point of changing screens if u never intend to even glance at it?

And guess what I can change screens just fine without looking because the buttons are in the same spot always and it becomes 2nd nature.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:05 AM   #1580
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
One BSOD and one master reset for me post-update.

I will say I've noticed VR is greatly improved on my end.
On music also feta? This is the thing that is driving me most crazy because it worked so well before the update. Now it is a disaster. I'm convinced (and I am not really basing this on anything but a gut feeling) that something is up with the indexing/BVC process for me. Something weird like the old index/BVC info not being totally wiped out during the update and then the new info being written over (or partially over) it and confusing the system. I don't know. Something is up here.

Bookmarks & Social Networks