TSB 12B37 - New? - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #41
ChrisRo
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98578
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus SEL w/MFT

FF Reputation: 1 ChrisRo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just started noticing some weird shifting stuff today from 1st to 2nd at really low throttle positions. I thought the roll-back thing wasn't a big deal, but noticed it wouldn't do it on serious inclines, only slight.

I have faith it's in the trans calibration. Build date 10/10/2011. 500 miles on it. DCT SEL hatch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2012, 01:09 AM   #42
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
OK, that does suggest this is something more than the last transmission update in, what was it, December? Now we need to get some feedback from folks that get the update, folks that have had ongoing problems and those that were happy with it as it was. Fingers crossed, this may put to bed the main concern I've had. My Ti build date is the week of 5/7.
We were your guinea pigs.

Anyway, you should be happy with your car.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #43
swfst

Fan#: 95922
What I Drive: Focus

FF Reputation: 1 swfst Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'm at the dealer right now getting this done.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #44
Vernl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92066
What I Drive: 2012 Tri white Titanium 401a

FF Reputation: 1 Vernl Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroStorm View Post
I'm at the dealer right now getting this done.
Lots of us will be interested in exactly what software they update and if you feel that it made a difference, please keep up posted on the outcome
Old 05-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #45
swfst

I'm back, it took an hour to do.

The dealer pulled the bulletin and let me read it.

Here is the jest of what I read;

Intelligent Oil Timer is to be reset; I'm guessing this is to fix the premature indicator that you need oil changed or result of it not telling you.

TCM reflash to resolve jerkiness and rough shifting, resolve the roll back when transitioning from brake pedal to gas pedal.

ABS reflash did not specify why; I couldn't find anything in the bulletin about it.

I feel it made a big difference. My transmission is a lot smoother than it was and now it doesn't roll back on an incline as if I had a manual transmission. I like it. I just hope it stays this way because the jerkiness was annoying the piss out of me. I don't have any shudder, never did, so I can't comment if this will fix any shuddering you may be having.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #46
ChrisRo
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98578
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus SEL w/MFT

FF Reputation: 1 ChrisRo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroStorm View Post
I'm back, it took an hour to do.

The dealer pulled the bulletin and let me read it.

Here is the jest of what I read;

Intelligent Oil Timer is to be reset; I'm guessing this is to fix the premature indicator that you need oil changed or result of it not telling you.

TCM reflash to resolve jerkiness and rough shifting, resolve the roll back when transitioning from brake pedal to gas pedal.

ABS reflash did not specify why; I couldn't find anything in the bulletin about it.

I feel it made a big difference. My transmission is a lot smoother than it was and now it doesn't roll back on an incline as if I had a manual transmission. I like it. I just hope it stays this way because the jerkiness was annoying the piss out of me. I don't have any shudder, never did, so I can't comment if this will fix any shuddering you may be having.
Sweet! I can't wait to try it out. What dealer did you take it to?
Old 05-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #47
swfst

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRo View Post
Sweet! I can't wait to try it out. What dealer did you take it to?
Covert Ford Hutto -- I'm still in Texas, won't be in PA until May 23rd.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #48
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Checked etis, it's listed with my car too. Hmmmm.

It still also lists that I need the MFT upgrade and warranty extension even though I did it myself through syncmyride and reported it over a month ago.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #49
EliSandler
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94873
What I Drive: Black 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 EliSandler Good Standing Member
May have to check this out. Mine is a March 26th 2012 build, about 900 miles so far. Most of the Hard shifts are from 2nd to 3rd gear. Really hard jerk, the whole car shakes. Getting really pissed considering I would have though this later build would have been immune to this shifting.

I still think it has to do with the computer not adapting from highway driving right on to stop and go (that is when most of the hard shifts happen in D, S or manual mode). Maybe this lastest TSB is a fix?

How do I go about bringing this up to the dealer. Do I just walk in to the service and ask to update the software?
Old 05-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #50
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSandler View Post
May have to check this out. Mine is a March 26th 2012 build, about 900 miles so far. Most of the Hard shifts are from 2nd to 3rd gear. Really hard jerk, the whole car shakes. Getting really pissed considering I would have though this later build would have been immune to this shifting.

I still think it has to do with the computer not adapting from highway driving right on to stop and go (that is when most of the hard shifts happen in D, S or manual mode). Maybe this lastest TSB is a fix?

How do I go about bringing this up to the dealer. Do I just walk in to the service and ask to update the software?
Go to etis.ford.com and input your VIN in the "vehicle" section. It should show as outstanding FSA 12b37. Print that page and take it to your dealer. Experience has been it's unwise to assume a dealer will know it exists.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->