RS Hood Vents - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #21
NightAngel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97694
What I Drive: 2012, Sterling Gray, Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 NightAngel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ok. I can understand why people may think its crazy to want to cut into a brand new hood. It is. But I think the vents would look kick ass on the car. And if I can get them in without ruining the good or having to re paint the entire thing. Why not? If it helps with airflow to the intake again, why not? Right now it's all hypothetical until I can actually find some that won't cost me my left testi. Or someone else try's to do it and shows me pictures of how bad an idea it was. Thanks for all the input people.
Posted via FF Mobile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #22
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel View Post
If it helps with airflow to the intake
The stock air filter is in a closed box, vents wont help that, unless you are going aftermarket intake.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #23
G-Fez
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86835
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus

FF Reputation: 1 G-Fez Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Well, in your situation, you ended up with a hood with a hole in it so you worked with what you had. I get what you're saying about modding, and of course it's a personal choice - I've modded my own vehicle. But we all have to draw the line somewhere, right? I mean, if I painted polka-dots on my car with nail polish, I'd hope that people would tell me it was stupid. For me, taking a sawzall to your perfectly good hood to install non-functional vents is right up there. But what do I know? There's a guy running around here with green tint on his headlights and most people seem to think that's okay, too, so maybe I'm just in the Twilight Zone...

LOL!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #24
NightAngel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97694
What I Drive: 2012, Sterling Gray, Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 NightAngel Good Standing Member
Yes I'm going to get aftermarket intake.
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 05-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #25
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I personally think that the RS500 is dead sexy. Even though I'm sure that the vents on it serve a functional purpose, I can totally understand why you would want to achieve that look. I am a licensed A&P Mechanic and don't see the task as being overly difficult or time consuming. I didn't look at the link to the part, but I'm sure that some double checked measurements and a steady hand coupled to some air tools would suffice.
Considering that I'm sure you would be spending YOUR money and be doing it to YOUR car, I wouldn't let the nay-sayers get you down. Let the haters hate, and be happy with your decisions. Let your car become YOUR car, not just another Focus like everyone else's.
I remember when car lovers respected other car lovers. Maybe they didn't like the concept of low-riders (or any other click), but they respected the fact that they loved making the vehicles different. Somehow, people have become hateful towards anything that is unique and doesn't get maximum gas mileage...
Old 05-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #26
DVolpe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89714
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus

FF Reputation: 2 DVolpe Good Standing Member
I've changed my mind, this would look awesome!

Old 05-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #27
dyn085
That Guy

Let's not gay it up, DVolpe, I'm sure you understood what I meant. I think that if the OP was wanting to be tacky, this thread wouldn't have even started.
I still like what you've done to yours.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #28
DVolpe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89714
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus

FF Reputation: 2 DVolpe Good Standing Member
Im just trying to stop someone from turning to the rice-side of the force. I know a lot of the old focus people tend to do that.

just helping the car community as a whole, thats all
Old 05-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #29
STL 314
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87196
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 2 STL 314 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
But we all have to draw the line somewhere, right? I mean, if I painted polka-dots on my car with nail polish, I'd hope that people would tell me it was stupid. For me, taking a sawzall to your perfectly good hood to install non-functional vents is right up there. But what do I know? There's a guy running around here with green tint on his headlights and most people seem to think that's okay, too, so maybe I'm just in the Twilight Zone...
Haha ... well said. I've been thinking the same thing around here lately
Old 05-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #30
dyn085
That Guy

Somehow, this forum has begun to compare a user (who is sporting the top trim-level spec, btw) that wants to do a correct hood vent replication (not autozone sticky-vent thingy) to polka-dot fingernail polish paint jobs? Does the air smell different with your nose all the way up there? I mean, seriously???
As for Sonic's green theme, I'm really digging that also. Why? Because it is unique and is done well. Is it my thing? No, not really. But who would I be to act like I'm better than him just because I have the internets to hide behind?
NightAngel, do what you do. If you (or anyone else, for that matter) go that route, I hope you post pics. I would truly like to see it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks