RS Hood Vents - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #11
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A vented hood would look rather silly with a 160 HP I4. But if you want to mangle your hood, I guess it's yours to do so...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #12
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucrammada View Post
Would water getting on the grounded wires in the engine mess it up? And how would that affect an open intake in the car?
an open intake would be a problem, would need a sealed one, but the cars that do have them and i havnt found anything about problem from them. But i dont know anything more than what i have read
Old 05-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #13
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 10 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Ive thought about those vents myself, i was going to wait till next yr to see how many used hoods are out there, in good shape. and go from there
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Old 05-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #14
DVolpe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89714
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus

FF Reputation: 2 DVolpe Good Standing Member
would you like some teriyaki sauce with that rice"er" look?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #15
G-Fez
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86835
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus

FF Reputation: 1 G-Fez Good Standing Member
I had a base Mini Cooper several years ago that was hit in a parking lot requiring a new hood. Mini shipped the Cooper S hood with the supercharger air intake by mistake. I talked to the guys at the body shop and they installed it anyway and added a piece of black plastic inside the opening so water wouldn't enter. Couldn't see it unless you got within a few inches. Might work for what you want to do to?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Fez View Post
I had a base Mini Cooper several years ago that was hit in a parking lot requiring a new hood. Mini shipped the Cooper S hood with the supercharger air intake by mistake. I talked to the guys at the body shop and they installed it anyway and added a piece of black plastic inside the opening so water wouldn't enter. Couldn't see it unless you got within a few inches. Might work for what you want to do to?
Yeah, because there's nothing better than cutting holes in your hood to put in vents, and then turning around and closing those vents off...
Old 05-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #17
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I've always wondered, with a focus intake that is sealed to the hood (like steeda's), if it would be beneficial to install a functional vent in the area directly above it. If the vents were facing rear, then theoretically the intake would be sucking slightly denser air (like a baby cowl induction) that was of ambient temp...
Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #18
G-Fez
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86835
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus

FF Reputation: 1 G-Fez Good Standing Member
I see what you're saying but;
a) there's was no cutting in my case. I needed a new hood and Mini shipped the wrong one and as a result, my base Cooper looked like a Cooper S from the front; and
b) we can't always rationalize what we do to our cars and it will always be a personal choice. For example my wife and several friends don't understand why I'd waste money on a Magnaflow exhaust to make the car "noisier" but I love it and lots of others on this forum have done their exhaust
Old 05-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #19
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Fez View Post
I see what you're saying but;
a) there's was no cutting in my case. I needed a new hood and Mini shipped the wrong one and as a result, my base Cooper looked like a Cooper S from the front; and
b) we can't always rationalize what we do to our cars and it will always be a personal choice. For example my wife and several friends don't understand why I'd waste money on a Magnaflow exhaust to make the car "noisier" but I love it and lots of others on this forum have done their exhaust
Well, in your situation, you ended up with a hood with a hole in it so you worked with what you had. I get what you're saying about modding, and of course it's a personal choice - I've modded my own vehicle. But we all have to draw the line somewhere, right? I mean, if I painted polka-dots on my car with nail polish, I'd hope that people would tell me it was stupid. For me, taking a sawzall to your perfectly good hood to install non-functional vents is right up there. But what do I know? There's a guy running around here with green tint on his headlights and most people seem to think that's okay, too, so maybe I'm just in the Twilight Zone...
Old 05-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #20
DVolpe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89714
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus

FF Reputation: 2 DVolpe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
But what do I know? There's a guy running around here with green tint on his headlights and most people seem to think that's okay, too, so maybe I'm just in the Twilight Zone...
"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone. "

don't worry I'm in the Twilight Zone with you then

Bookmarks & Social Networks