DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 108 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #1071
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yep mine now shows 12B37 - , AND THE ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) MODULE

Is this flash specifically for the Tranny or multiple issues that just happens to include some new programming for the tranny?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #1072
Uptcv1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88390
What I Drive: 2012 sonic blue SE sport DCT hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Uptcv1 Good Standing Member
this new FSA 12B37 sounds like Ford updating all prior (TSB) versions... interested to hear feeback from those with most issues after their update with this one...
Old 05-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #1073
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
To avoid confusion with dealer service departments, 12B37 is not a TSB, but an FSA ("Field Service Action"). Not sure of the difference, but I think a TSB applies only if a customer has a complaint while an FSA applies to all eligible cars.

Knowing how some service departments operate, referring to a TSB in this case may get you a blank stare and no progress.

To confirm your car is covered, go to etis.ford.com and input your VIN in the "vehicle" section.
Yep, FSA not TSB...

As I understand this FSA will apply to ALL DCT FF's built on or before 3/28/12.

So far the word seems to be pretty good but please provide feedback when you have the update performed.

I don't actually have a FF yet, my Ti is on order and due to be built next week. I'm really hoping this DCT problems are, with this FSA, a thing of the past.

Of course, you can't please everyone so there's likely to be some complaining even if it works near perfect...

Brian
Old 05-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #1074
siufocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98417
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 siufocus Good Standing Member
My wife and I purchased a Ford Focus SE 5 door on 4/27. The only knock I have is the gravel/grind/whatever-you-want-to-call-it sound in the shifting between 1st and 2nd, and sometimes to a lesser extent in other lower gear shifts. The noise does NOT seem to affect performance at all. My wife jokes that it can not even be detected when the radio is on even at low volumes. However, because it is a "shifting noise", I worry a bit about future problems.

In any event, I checked our VIN number on the etisFord site and we have a Field Service Action (12b37) as ours was built March 3, 2012 (or as it states 12.3.2012). I'm hoping whatever is updated makes the shifting sound go away. If it does, I honestly give the car an A+ and tell the nit-pickers to focus (ha, cute pun, huh?) on things other than the Focus.

Since our car is so new to us, only 208 miles as of this message, should be wait for the 1000 mile mark to take it in for the FSA or should we take it in ASAP?

Thanks and enjoy your Foci.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #1075
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by siufocus View Post
...Since our car is so new to us, only 208 miles as of this message, should be wait for the 1000 mile mark to take it in for the FSA or should we take it in ASAP?...
I'd say, go and get it ASAP. I know I'll do the same for mine.
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #1076
manueljones
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98333
What I Drive: 2012 red candy Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 manueljones Good Standing Member
Just purchased our Focus last Sat. with build date of 02/09/12 and already a FSA. Probably will just wait for letter from Ford as do not have any complaints currently with car.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #1077
Sparky12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98232
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 2 Sparky12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
Yep, FSA not TSB...

As I understand this FSA will apply to ALL DCT FF's built on or before 3/28/12.

So far the word seems to be pretty good but please provide feedback when you have the update performed.

I don't actually have a FF yet, my Ti is on order and due to be built next week. I'm really hoping this DCT problems are, with this FSA, a thing of the past.

Of course, you can't please everyone so there's likely to be some complaining even if it works near perfect...

Brian

The exact date my Ti HB was built. Looks like I have a trip to the dealer in my near future...
Old 05-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #1078
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by siufocus View Post
My wife and I purchased a Ford Focus SE 5 door on 4/27. The only knock I have is the gravel/grind/whatever-you-want-to-call-it sound in the shifting between 1st and 2nd, and sometimes to a lesser extent in other lower gear shifts. The noise does NOT seem to affect performance at all. My wife jokes that it can not even be detected when the radio is on even at low volumes. However, because it is a "shifting noise", I worry a bit about future problems.

In any event, I checked our VIN number on the etisFord site and we have a Field Service Action (12b37) as ours was built March 3, 2012 (or as it states 12.3.2012). I'm hoping whatever is updated makes the shifting sound go away. If it does, I honestly give the car an A+ and tell the nit-pickers to focus (ha, cute pun, huh?) on things other than the Focus.

Since our car is so new to us, only 208 miles as of this message, should be wait for the 1000 mile mark to take it in for the FSA or should we take it in ASAP?

Thanks and enjoy your Foci.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
I'd say, go and get it ASAP. I know I'll do the same for mine.
I've 1124 miles. I have noted some improvement, the grindy noise not happening as often, but it still happens and might do so again.

I'd still say "do it the sooner the better", regardless. If a company puts out a recall, it's usually for good reason, even if you've not experienced it personally (as you otherwise might).

If this were like a TSB and you don't have the problem reflected, then I'd wait it out, but a FSA - to me - would be sufficient a difference to go and get it done.

It's cool Ford keeps up with issues like this, and nitpicks or not the DCT is a neat technology. I recommended the 2012 Focus yesterday... Peoples' nitpicks are being addressed and so many things about this car are just so nicely done to begin with, it even has Subaru fanatics marveling over it. How can I not recommend it, especially as Ford keeps up with TSBs and FSAs?

As for puns, nothing beats my pseudonym, what with my being diagnosed with ADHD and all... win. (ironic win, I wouldn't recommend ADHD on anybody... we don't make good chess players for one thing... well, we do if you've placed a bet on the game and happen to be my opponent... "win", indeed... )
Old 05-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #1079
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
I've got a new oddity to add to the mix; since I had the clutch replacement for gears 2, 4, and 6 (which cured the terrible clutch chatter), it has now developed, for lack of a better explanation, a double-clutch shift from first to second. Transmission in "D" mode.

Is this what others' 1 to 2 gear shift anomaly is like?:

At a stop, first gear is great. When it shifts to second, I get what appears a clean shift, then a split second later, it acts like the clutch releases for a second time on its own, and shifts into second gear again. This double jerk lasts only milliseconds, and I've counted the upshifts to determine it is not shifting into 3rd gear when this happens. All other gear changes are fine. Running through the gears at moderate throttle are fine as well. It is intermittent in nature, so reproducing the problem with a tech. riding with me is going to be hit-and-miss.

Has anyone else experienced this weird oddity?

I have to make a trip to Rochester, MN, for a few weeks, so do not have time to do anything, other than ask if anyone else has experienced this?

I'm beginning to think my Focus hates me, for talking so badly about my wife's Cruze! ;-]

I know my DCT hates me, and the feeling is mutual. Once again, this DCT and I are having a very strained relationship, but the rest of the car and I share Utopia.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #1080
Kasper
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98549
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Kasper Good Standing Member
Just checked Etis, even though my paper says a build date of 3/28 etis shows 4/05 as a completed build date and no FSA's. Think I should still give the local dealer a call? I am not car savvy and the car has been running great, but I'd like to keep up on things.

Bookmarks & Social Networks