tune ,who to go with - Page 18 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: WHOS TUNE
toms tune 177 62.77%
fswerks 73 25.89%
other: who did it? pros/cons 32 11.35%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #171
Bryan23ferra
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98170
What I Drive: 2011 Blueflame SES

FF Reputation: 1 Bryan23ferra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I don't understand who Tom and randy are?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #172
Focusalaska
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68329
What I Drive: 2009 Ebony SES

FF Reputation: 2 Focusalaska Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan23ferra View Post
I don't understand who Tom and randy are?
Tom is the man @Focus-Power. and Randy is over at FSWerks. Both are SCT tuners. Both have extensive knowledge on tuning N/A & FI Focus. After much reading on both forums FF and FJ, there is a debate (and probably will always be) over who is the best or who to go with.
Team Duratec #23
Official SES Registry #49
Tom's Tune, DDMTUNING 5000k HI/LO & FOGS, Switchback LED turn signals, AR103's gapped .54, FSWerks CAI. more to come
Old 04-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #173
FocusRacingAustrali
Focus Addict

Fan#: 45865
What I Drive: 2003 ZX4 & 2004 ZX5

FF Reputation: 6 FocusRacingAustrali Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusalaska View Post
Tom is the man @Focus-Power. and Randy is over at FSWerks. Both are SCT tuners. Both have extensive knowledge on tuning N/A & FI Focus. After much reading on both forums FF and FJ, there is a debate (and probably will always be) over who is the best or who to go with.
This debate will never end and alot of people on FF and FJ are sick to death of hearing about who is better for the last 10 years.

When you get a new tune from a different tuner do you ever get it dyno to see what type of gain you have made????

I would love to see before and after dyno pulls just to see who is better and you just can't say it driver better, you must post up dyno Results and not hear say.

You can have 2 NA Zetec and 2 Duratec with the same mods and 2 FI Zetec and Duratec with the same turbo kit and mods.

Now pull all the cars above on the same dyno on the same day and lets see what does happen next, it would be a close call hey.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #174
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
There is far more to tuning then what tuner makes the most HP , there is idle , cruise , driveability , MPG , I dont do tuning to get into a pissing contest to see who makes the most power that means nothing to me

I want safety , then driveability , MPG then performance , I will let the other tuners do the pissing contest who makes the most power with a tune , that isnt what I do , In the end if it does happen then my customers got a bonus

I help customers through issues for Hrs when something looks wrong with in there datalog , I take over the customers laptops and set up the updaters , set up the datalog list and request a datalog as well as do the first datalog just like I was sitting in the car with them , this is all things fs doesnt do or offer and doesnt ask for datalogs according to fs customers , How can you get a "custom tune" with out datalogging and making it a tune tailored to his car and his mods , you cant

I offer the best customer service for tuning out there and this is why , with that you get the best tune

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 04-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #175
1sloho
12 years strong

Fan#: 111
What I Drive: '02 zx5

FF Reputation: 17 1sloho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i still need to datalog with u tom!! lol just been hella busy.

love my tune from tom. car ran and idled pretty bad. uploaded his BASE tune and the difference is night and day. as stated, i still need to datalog and fine tune....the tune. lol
Old 05-07-2012, 12:14 AM   #176
Jeffgeezer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89657
What I Drive: 2001 green amazon zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Jeffgeezer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Tom for the win!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #177
Jeffgeezer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89657
What I Drive: 2001 green amazon zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Jeffgeezer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
With my experience w tom, not only i had a safe tune, we wer able to pinpoint several underlying problems with my car. O2 sensor, thermostat, injectors, mafia, etc
Old 05-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #178
fastfocus2005
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 72541
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 fastfocus2005 Good Standing Member
My experience with Tom was also great...he responds to you fast and is willing to help you through the process. I'm very happy with the way my car runs now!
Old 05-20-2012, 02:14 AM   #179
Racerbox77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91184
What I Drive: 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra

FF Reputation: 2 Racerbox77 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerbox77 View Post
I went with FSWERKS for my tune because I got a great deal on it. The car runs a lot better. Even though I went with them I think after picking Toms brain a little bit he knows these cars very well. He answered questions that Randy either didn't know the answers to or didn't want to tell me.
My vote goes for Tom even though I chose FSWERKS. If Tom would have had the same deal $360 shipped for an SCT I would have given him my money.

Who ever you choose I strongly recommend a tune as one of your first mods. The SVTF is a pig with the stock tune.

Sent from me.
I finally put a wideband on my car after installing an offroad pipe from CFM.
FSWERKS tune was very fat. 12.2 was the average AF throughout the rpm band. I advanced the timing to 30,doesn't like anymore. I leaned the WOT 6% which is as much as the SCT will allow. It's still a little rich at 12.9 it runs a hell of alot better. I wonder what Toms "canned" tune would have measured. It seems the mail order tunes no matter from who are always too fat. I know why they do that but I recommend tweaking your tune if you have the ability.

Sent from me
2004 SVTF ZX5 Competition Orange 1 OF 51 Build #914
1993 Mustang Cobra 1 OF 4993 Run's 10's
Old 05-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #180
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerbox77 View Post
I finally put a wideband on my car after installing an offroad pipe from CFM.
FSWERKS tune was very fat. 12.2 was the average AF throughout the rpm band. I advanced the timing to 30,doesn't like anymore. I leaned the WOT 6% which is as much as the SCT will allow. It's still a little rich at 12.9 it runs a hell of alot better. I wonder what Toms "canned" tune would have measured. It seems the mail order tunes no matter from who are always too fat. I know why they do that but I recommend tweaking your tune if you have the ability.
Ahhh but this is where my tune differs from fs , I dont do canned tunes , but you got a canned cookie cutter off the shelf tune , If you had been my customer when your enitial tune or when you installed your A/F gauge you would of sent me a datalog and I woud of made changes (FREE) and sent tunes back to you , you then would of had a full CUSTOM tune , Yes I send my first tunes out fat this keeps the engine safe why we make your CUSTOM tune which you didnt get

fs wants to charge 300.00 MORE if you add NA mods and do datalogs , this is a service you get for FREE from me along with taking over your PC and setting up the livelink and doing the first datalog like I was sitting in the car with you , I also help down the road with customers having issues totaly not related to there tune and see logs to help then find the issues , all services other shops/tuners do not offer

Racebox77 for 150.00 you can step away from the dark side and get you a real custom tune with FREE tune updates as you add more NA mods

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Bookmarks & Social Networks