2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 18 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #171
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hello everyone,

I see a few new peeps have joined the forum - !

Ford continues to address the concerns brought to our engineer’s attention in order to provide the necessary information to the local dealerships. This enables the service department to properly address the symptoms displayed by the Focus.

For those who have not yet done so, please make an appointment with your dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I will escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Canadian owners are exhorted to visit the local Ford dealer for proper diagnoses and repair. A representative from the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center will be happy to assist once you contact them at 1.800.565.3673.

If you have sent me a PM me and are awaiting a response, thank you for your patience as I work through my inbox; I truly appreciate it!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordService; 04-25-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #172
jpr0204
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91197
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Sedan 5-Speed Stick

FF Reputation: 1 jpr0204 Good Standing Member
Good Evening All,

Well, I had my appointment this afternoon with the Area Service Rep., the owner of the dealership, and the master technician that previously worked on the car.

I described the noises that the car was currently making to them all. We then went for a test drive and both of them admitted that they did hear the noise but that it was a "normal operating characteristic" of this particular model car and is nothing to be concerned with and it does not pose a safety threat.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear. It looks like we are on our own and will have to stick together on this issue until one of us or the team of us find a solution to this very annoying problem.

Ya know, I'm thinking to myself, if this is a "normal operating characteristic" then why did they replace of the same front end parts over five times!!!??? Just sayin...

I just think they know there is a problem but they currently do not have a good fix for it so it is just getting swept under the rug.

Would anybody else like to chime in? I am definately open to any comments and/or suggestions here, becuase I have now currently exhausted every option I have at my disposal.

As always, thanks for the input guys....
Old 04-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #173
Gizmobiaritz
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96043
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Gizmobiaritz Good Standing Member
Hello,

I am in the same boat as you. I went to 3 dealers and Ford stated they are out of ideas through the hot line. I have exhausted every option as well.

As mentioned in the previous post, we should make a list of all parts that were changed and did not fix the issue in order to shingle out the defective one.

Thank you.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #174
meattooth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97031
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, se hatchback

FF Reputation: 5 meattooth Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
My SE sport 5 speed just rolled over 1400 miles and I've hearing a squeaky rattle clunk in the front end at low speeds and especially when slowing down to a light or stop sign. Didn't hear it when it was new so I thought I got lucky....it's getting louder by the day and really loud when it warms up like evyerone says.

My wifes SEL sedan with DCT has about 1600 miles and her's is starting to make the same sound....Here we go
Old 04-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #175
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmobiaritz View Post
Hello,

I am in the same boat as you. I went to 3 dealers and Ford stated they are out of ideas through the hot line. I have exhausted every option as well.

As mentioned in the previous post, we should make a list of all parts that were changed and did not fix the issue in order to shingle out the defective one.

Thank you.
Maybe make a google doc for all of us to contribute to?
Old 04-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #176
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97170
What I Drive: 2012, Red Candy, Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Focus eh Good Standing Member
I'm in.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #177
allyy

Fan#: 95236
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: -3 allyy Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpr0204 View Post
Good Evening All,

Well, I had my appointment this afternoon with the Area Service Rep., the owner of the dealership, and the master technician that previously worked on the car.

I described the noises that the car was currently making to them all. We then went for a test drive and both of them admitted that they did hear the noise but that it was a "normal operating characteristic" of this particular model car and is nothing to be concerned with and it does not pose a safety threat.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear. It looks like we are on our own and will have to stick together on this issue until one of us or the team of us find a solution to this very annoying problem.

Ya know, I'm thinking to myself, if this is a "normal operating characteristic" then why did they replace of the same front end parts over five times!!!??? Just sayin...

I just think they know there is a problem but they currently do not have a good fix for it so it is just getting swept under the rug.

Would anybody else like to chime in? I am definately open to any comments and/or suggestions here, becuase I have now currently exhausted every option I have at my disposal.

As always, thanks for the input guys....
Check to see thatbthe noise is not comeing from thev radiator overflow tank.
It bounces up and down,not very sturdy . Put a sponge under it or use some duc tape across it to the car and see if thay stops the noise in your front end.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #178
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

So here's my latest update from this afternoon: My dealer has replaced the following;

1. Strut mount.
2. Strut.
3. CV joint.
4. Right front motor mount.

No dice. Noise is still there. They've been very good about throwing parts at the car but can't seem to find the problem which really sucks. They now have a call into the FMC tech hotline to "report" the issue and see if that gets them anywhere which I highly doubt. At least I wasn't out of a vehicle as they were nice enough to get me a rental for the day but I really am disappointed that this problem has persisted for all of us. I was really hoping that the motor mount would do it but like many others, I'm back to square one. Again, everyone at the dealership and customer service is nice and all but unfortunately "nice" doesn't fix the cling and clang in my brand new car.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #179
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
I would suggest that they look into the sway bar endlinks, and the sway bar bushings on the subframe.

I feel that's where this whole problem is coming from, aside from the possibility of a lower control arm bushing failure, but considering I just inspected mine and saw no signs of wear whatsoever, I don't think that's the case.

Bushings are cheap, the endlinks shouldn't be expensive either (and there are aftermarket solutions out there for both). Since your dealer has taken care of you thus far, see if they'll swap the aforementioned items out.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #180
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
I would suggest that they look into the sway bar endlinks, and the sway bar bushings on the subframe.

I feel that's where this whole problem is coming from, aside from the possibility of a lower control arm bushing failure, but considering I just inspected mine and saw no signs of wear whatsoever, I don't think that's the case.

Bushings are cheap, the endlinks shouldn't be expensive either (and there are aftermarket solutions out there for both). Since your dealer has taken care of you thus far, see if they'll swap the aforementioned items out.
Have you had any luck with these suggestions?

Bookmarks & Social Networks