Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 139 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #1381
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
There are rumors about a 2013 Focus order guide showing up at dealers - any word on this? Thanks.
nope, nothing as of yet.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #1382
wonderandawe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98290
What I Drive: 2003 White Taurus

FF Reputation: 1 wonderandawe Good Standing Member
I have been looking at a Candy Blue SE Focus Hatchback (VIN: 1FAHP3K26CL247627) that has been sitting at my local Ford dealership for a while. My company gives me access to the X-Plan and I hear that there is a $750 cash back offer. Are there any other offers/rebates that I should know about?

My Zip Code is 72032.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #1383
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderandawe View Post
I have been looking at a Candy Blue SE Focus Hatchback (VIN: 1FAHP3K26CL247627) that has been sitting at my local Ford dealership for a while. My company gives me access to the X-Plan and I hear that there is a $750 cash back offer. Are there any other offers/rebates that I should know about?

My Zip Code is 72032.

Thanks!
That is about it with X plan, if you trade in a 1995 or newer vehicle you will get an additional $750 for it.
Ira McCrea
Old 04-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #1384
tarfin
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98318
What I Drive: Multiple

FF Reputation: 1 tarfin Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
That is about it with X plan, if you trade in a 1995 or newer vehicle you will get an additional $750 for it.
What if you were to trade in 2 vehicles would you get the incentive on each?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #1385
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarfin View Post
nope
Ira McCrea
Old 04-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #1386
Woodsman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96888
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Woodsman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarfin View Post
I like the way you think.

2012 Focus: 2.0L Duratec GDI, Hatchback, SE Sport, 3.82 Torque Vectoring, 5MT, Winter Package, 203A, Race Red - Original Owner
Old 04-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #1387
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Hey thanks for doing this thread!

Perhaps you can give some guidance. I'm in the process of looking for a first new car, and the focus is definitely my #1.
I'm looking at getting an
SE hatchback
Manual transmission
Sports package
203a
leather seats
Not picky on colors, but don't like any of the "premium ones"

I found one with the previous specs in gray with cloth seats, and was wondering if you could give a first time buyer some advice on haggling. What type of price should i be able to get this vehicle for?
Is the costco member discount going to provide an advantage? I know they have a $500 rebate, but do they typically sell at a higher price because of this rebate?

I'm located in Jacksonville, Florida and the aforementioned grey vehicle is in Sanford, Florida. Can you provide any assistance with locating near that area? within a few hours drive would be nice, but if they can be switched between dealers it's truly irrelevant.

Thanks for everything!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #1388
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by asting View Post
Hey thanks for doing this thread!

Perhaps you can give some guidance. I'm in the process of looking for a first new car, and the focus is definitely my #1.
I'm looking at getting an
SE hatchback
Manual transmission
Sports package
203a
leather seats
Not picky on colors, but don't like any of the "premium ones"

I found one with the previous specs in gray with cloth seats, and was wondering if you could give a first time buyer some advice on haggling. What type of price should i be able to get this vehicle for?
Is the costco member discount going to provide an advantage? I know they have a $500 rebate, but do they typically sell at a higher price because of this rebate?

I'm located in Jacksonville, Florida and the aforementioned grey vehicle is in Sanford, Florida. Can you provide any assistance with locating near that area? within a few hours drive would be nice, but if they can be switched between dealers it's truly irrelevant.

Thanks for everything!
Costco is usually on par with X plan depending on region, just check out your pricing with participating dealers.
Now with regard to rebates most of the US has a $750 rebate plus $750 trade assistance. For first time buyers there is a $500 rebate that is basically matching down payment for what you put down (ex: you put $250 down and Ford matches up to $500).

You want the tuscany red leather correct? I only found 2 in Florida they are both tuxedo black.
Ira McCrea
Old 04-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #1389
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Costco is usually on par with X plan depending on region, just check out your pricing with participating dealers.
Now with regard to rebates most of the US has a $750 rebate plus $750 trade assistance. For first time buyers there is a $500 rebate that is basically matching down payment for what you put down (ex: you put $250 down and Ford matches up to $500).

You want the tuscany red leather correct? I only found 2 in Florida they are both tuxedo black.
I'd love some additional details on the leather sport packages. Are they both 203a? Where are they located? The black is my preferred color actually, but I'm not too strongly attached to it.

Thanks very much for responding. I've got a few additional questions regarding first time buyers and student programs.
If I understand correctly, the student program is nationwide? I'm currently enrolled in a 4-year university, and if I'm reading it from here correctly all dealers have this. Does this affect the price I would negotiate, or does that rebate come directly from ford? I've been working a bit with the dealer that has the aforementioned vehicle and he says they usually do at invoice for the pricing (I think the salesman works with autonation), is this pretty standard?
Is the first time buyers match also nationwide? Also, they match, not double match? so just $500 down is needed to get that additional $500 rebate?

Finally, I've got a question about the MPG of these vehicles. I don't know if you know the answer, but the post your MPG thread is 70 pages long and the the 10 or so pages i read didn't have this.
What is the deal with the MPG on these cars? Some I see are 26/36, some 28/38, and I've heard people talk of 30/40. The high end have a SFE or some type of efficiency package, right? Are the 26/36vs28/38 just a change in measuring or was that amended? The one I'm looking at is 26/36 and i want to make sure I'm getting the best model i can. If they're marginally different it isn't a concern.

Thanks for your time! This is very helpful in my decision process!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #1390
imccrea
FF Affiliate

I'd love some additional details on the leather sport packages. Are they both 203a? Where are they located? The black is my preferred color actually, but I'm not too strongly attached to it.

Thanks very much for responding. I've got a few additional questions regarding first time buyers and student programs.
If I understand correctly, the student program is nationwide?yes it is. I'm currently enrolled in a 4-year university, and if I'm reading it from here correctly all dealers have this. Does this affect the price I would negotiate, or does that rebate come directly from ford? it is a rebate it doesn't affect the price of the vehicle being soldI've been working a bit with the dealer that has the aforementioned vehicle and he says they usually do at invoice for the pricing (I think the salesman works with autonation), is this pretty standard?sounds about right, not a fan of autonation but invoice is fair, what's important is getting the vehicle you want.
Is the first time buyers match also nationwide? it is nationwide yes. just match so you only need $500Also, they match, not double match? so just $500 down is needed to get that additional $500 rebate?

Finally, I've got a question about the MPG of these vehicles. I don't know if you know the answer, but the post your MPG thread is 70 pages long and the the 10 or so pages i read didn't have this.
What is the deal with the MPG on these cars? 26/36 is with titanium handling pkg, 28 38 is just auto and up to 40 is SFE pkg, your ROI is a few years for the SFE because of the added cost. 2 mpg will cost $100 more or less per year. Some I see are 26/36, some 28/38, and I've heard people talk of 30/40. The high end have a SFE or some type of efficiency package, right? Are the 26/36vs28/38 just a change in measuring or was that amended? The one I'm looking at is 26/36 and i want to make sure I'm getting the best model i can. If they're marginally different it isn't a concern.

Thanks for your time! This is very helpful in my decision process

Window Sticker:

Vehicle Description VIN 1FAHP3K21CL 390419
FOCUS 2012 5-DR HATCH SE
2.0L I4 GDI ENGINE
5-SPD MANUAL TRANSMISSION Exterior
TUXEDO BLACK METALLIC
Interior
CHARCOAL BLACK TRIMLEATHER-TRIM SPORT BKT SEATS

Price Information BASE PRICE $18,300

Included on this Vehicle
EQUIPMENT GROUP 203A 1,385