Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 137 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #1361
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmstr View Post
I ordered a '13 Taurus SHO on Mar 23 and the order number on the confirmation is "0000" with a priority of 19. Now that 1 month has gone by, I phoned them to see what the status of the order is and they tell me that it will not be in the dealership until late June. I asked if they had a VIN yet and he did not, so I then asked how he would know about the ultimate delivery when it had not even been sequenced yet? The sales guy said he was just getting his info from his manager. Do you think they held off ordering for some reason, and is it a coincidence that the order number is all zeros?

It is a large volume dealer, so I wouldn't think quotas for the SHO would have a negative effect.
Comments welcome. Thanks for your service.
Did you give a deposit? You should at least have a VIN, all customer orders are prioritized above stock orders. I would see if I could try again because there is absolutely no reason to not put your order in.

Was there something bizarre about the SHO you ordered?
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #1362
Woodsman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96888
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Woodsman Good Standing Member
Can the Tuscany Red interior be ordered with any exterior color? I can only seem to find it in my area with Tuxedo Black.

Thank you.

2012 Focus: 2.0L Duratec GDI, Hatchback, SE Sport, 3.82 Torque Vectoring, 5MT, Winter Package, 203A, Race Red - Original Owner
Old 04-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #1363
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
Can the Tuscany Red interior be ordered with any exterior color? I can only seem to find it in my area with Tuxedo Black.

Thank you.

Tuxedo black
Sterling Gray
Ingot Silver

on SE, SEL, Titanium all same.
Ira McCrea
Old 04-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #1364
Woodsman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96888
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Woodsman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Tuxedo black
Sterling Gray
Ingot Silver

on SE, SEL, Titanium all same.
imccrea,

Thank you for your reply. That is what I was afraid of.

Regardless of what the fashionistas at Ford say, I believe that Tuscany Red would look awesome with a Race Red, or a Red Candy exterior.

OK, I love red.

Thank you, again.

Have a great weekend.

2012 Focus: 2.0L Duratec GDI, Hatchback, SE Sport, 3.82 Torque Vectoring, 5MT, Winter Package, 203A, Race Red - Original Owner

Last edited by Woodsman; 04-23-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #1365
mickeysmstr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95364
What I Drive: 2006 Mustang GT Conv

FF Reputation: 1 mickeysmstr Good Standing Member
special order

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I paid $500 via credit card to place the order on March 23. It was only later that I noticed the order number at 0000, and then began to wonder. No, there is nothing weird about the car I ordered - mostly maxed out, except I didn't want the SHO performance package. They still are telling me that I will get my trade-in at the value promised last month no matter when the vehicle arrives, but my gut is telling me something is wrong. I had asked for a worksheet or even contract to be drawn up, but they haven't given me anything (except the credit card receipt).

Quote:
Did you give a deposit? You should at least have a VIN, all customer orders are prioritized above stock orders. I would see if I could try again because there is absolutely no reason to not put your order in.

Was there something bizarre about the SHO you ordered?
Old 04-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #1366
Harmonicas
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98024
What I Drive: 2001 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Harmonicas Good Standing Member
SE sport with package 201a

Thank you for all the time you have dedicated towards answering questions on this forum, as I (and likely many others) have definitely learned a great deal from reading all of these comments/replies.

I am looking to purchase a 2012 Focus in the very immediate future. I am interested in an SE with manual transmission and the sports package (as well as other options not relevant to my question). On the ford website, as well as other sites and sporadic user comments, it is said that it is possible to get the SE with a sports package and the base entertainment system, 201a.

The dealership said that in order to get the sports package on an SE I would have to upgrade to package 203a, which doesn't conform with anything I've read. The print out they showed me also said that it is "suggested" that I upgrade, as opposed to something like 'mandatory'.

My question is this: is it actually possible to get the SE sport package without upgrading to 203a? The dealer offered it 'for free', but even if that was true, I would still find this generally undesirable. As I have absolutely no interest in any of these features, I am not willing to buy a Focus if I am forced to upgrade to this package. I am just hoping to get a definitive answer, as I would not want to waste my time/other dealerships time asking if they are able to provide such a car.

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer all of our (mostly) silly question.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #1367
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonicas View Post
Thank you for all the time you have dedicated towards answering questions on this forum, as I (and likely many others) have definitely learned a great deal from reading all of these comments/replies.

I am looking to purchase a 2012 Focus in the very immediate future. I am interested in an SE with manual transmission and the sports package (as well as other options not relevant to my question). On the ford website, as well as other sites and sporadic user comments, it is said that it is possible to get the SE with a sports package and the base entertainment system, 201a.

The dealership said that in order to get the sports package on an SE I would have to upgrade to package 203a, which doesn't conform with anything I've read. The print out they showed me also said that it is "suggested" that I upgrade, as opposed to something like 'mandatory'.

My question is this: is it actually possible to get the SE sport package without upgrading to 203a? The dealer offered it 'for free', but even if that was true, I would still find this generally undesirable. As I have absolutely no interest in any of these features, I am not willing to buy a Focus if I am forced to upgrade to this package. I am just hoping to get a definitive answer, as I would not want to waste my time/other dealerships time asking if they are able to provide such a car.

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer all of our (mostly) silly question.
You can for sure get a 201A sport package MT. The problem is finding one, we have 3 in our entire region (6 states). If they give you problems let me know and I'll see what I can find for you.
Ira McCrea
Old 04-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #1368
Harmonicas
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98024
What I Drive: 2001 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Harmonicas Good Standing Member
Quote:
You can for sure get a 201A sport package MT. The problem is finding one, we have 3 in our entire region (6 states). If they give you problems let me know and I'll see what I can find for you.
Thank you for the prompt response. Based on what I saw on dealer inventories online (and your comments), it is doubtful that there are any cars with the features I'm looking for out there. Since I was planning on a factory order anyway, I will just have to find a dealer more willing to work with me and give me what I am looking for.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #1369
VelociRacer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97968
What I Drive: 12 BlueC SE Sport 5DR+5SP+201A+Wntr

FF Reputation: 1 VelociRacer Good Standing Member
Quote:
you're going to have to order one or travel to PA or TN to find one. there are blue candy, oxford white, sonic blue in that region but none at all in MI.
Can you please PM me the dealer info that has the Oxford White? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #1370
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Quote:
Thank you for the prompt response. Based on what I saw on dealer inventories online (and your comments), it is doubtful that there are any cars with the features I'm looking for out there. Since I was planning on a factory order anyway, I will just have to find a dealer more willing to work with me and give me what I am looking for.
I just ordered a 201A package with sports package.

Bookmarks & Social Networks