2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 14 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #131
Gizmobiaritz
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96043
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Gizmobiaritz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Please let me know if your dealer fixes the issue. And please let me know what dealer you went to and I will go to the same one.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #132
Crypticracer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95672
What I Drive: 12' Sterling Grey Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Crypticracer Good Standing Member
Im on this topic like a hawk now guys! My Ti has a slight noise up front, it to me sounds like the tranny finding a gear ( which i know its not when im in fist gear under 10mph) nothing as major sounding as most of yours but its there just cant put my ear on it fully yet.
72' 440ci Dodge Dart - Street/Strip
69' Ford F250 4x4 - Camping/Hunting Rig
Old 04-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #133
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97170
What I Drive: 2012, Red Candy, Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Focus eh Good Standing Member
For those who think its the tranny it's most definitely not. I think for those who aren't used to a DCT it can be a little daunting at first and to me it really feels like driving an automatic without a physical clutch as it performs differently depending on when you push it or accelerate etc. And can sometimes be a little jumpy or make a little noise. This issue is strut or mount related. I do find it disconcerting coming from a foreign manufacturer for my last car, that FMC has yet to address this but I'm hoping they will as other than this I absolutely love the car. Here's hoping my day at the dealership tomorrow bears some positive fruit.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #134
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Doesn't seem like we've heard from Noemi in a while either so perhaps she's trying to escalate this for us and those it will happen to in the future. This needs to be addressed by an engineer as it simply shouldn't be happening.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #135
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
I took my Focus Titanium in to the shop on March 30th 2012 for a front end noise over bumps at slow speeds under 20mph (this was the second time it had been in for the same noise) and I just got a call today saying that it is completed.

I will translate this to everyone: by completed they mean they give up. The service manager said that they have replaced every part in the front end (struts, springs, etc.) and they cannot at this time get the sound to go away. Ford engineers have advised them to verify that this noise is consistent with other Focus models with similar mileage and they affirmed.

Basically this means that I'm going to have to deal with this sound? That's just bogus and I have to admit, awful of Ford Motor Company. I have been in a rental for 20 days and they're saying that when my car leaves the shop it will still have the same issues as when I initially took it in? I hate this car more and more everyday and I don't know about everyone else that is having this issue but I sure as heck can't "live with it."

After dealing with the CSM for FMC, I have to say that I am shocked and appalled at how the "new Ford" handles their business and treats their customers. I feel completely used and violated as a customer and I will be taking all future business to another manufacturer.
Except you got a free loaner during the time they took to replace any number of components.

From what you say it sounds like they've done a lot to try to help so far, and it is a true shame that car was a lemon to begin with.

After x number of issues, why couldn't you ask your dealer - nicely - to exchange the entire vehicle for you? Unlike you, they can probably write it off. Assembly lines are cool, but that doesn't mean there aren't non-repeatable problems.

That's creepy, though, if all Titanium models after x number of miles start doing the same thing...
Old 04-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #136
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus eh View Post
Doesn't seem like we've heard from Noemi in a while either so perhaps she's trying to escalate this for us and those it will happen to in the future. This needs to be addressed by an engineer as it simply shouldn't be happening.
I hope so as well.

Granted, this particular noise issue hasn't happened to me (yet, if ever, as I cannot say conclusively, nor is mine a Titanium), but Noemi did get back to me on the DCT issue I'd brought up way-back-when... I hope she read my reply from a few days ago, of which I was late in responding...

Keep holding the faith.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #137
theos2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86607
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5Dr Sterling T/401/P/N/W

FF Reputation: 1 theos2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
Except you got a free loaner during the time they took to replace any number of components.

From what you say it sounds like they've done a lot to try to help so far, and it is a true shame that car was a lemon to begin with.

After x number of issues, why couldn't you ask your dealer - nicely - to exchange the entire vehicle for you? Unlike you, they can probably write it off. Assembly lines are cool, but that doesn't mean there aren't non-repeatable problems.

That's creepy, though, if all Titanium models after x number of miles start doing the same thing...
Have you ever tried to wrtie off a vehicle, and/or lemon the car? By Ford? You make it sound like you are returning an item at Walmart.

If Ford is not able to fix this issue for the majority of people, and none of he customers have been able to exchange their vehicle, based on what information are you making this statement? Honestly, I feel like you may be a little out of touch with the realities of a Ford dealership/service department.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #138
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

So the dealer just called me with the latest update. They replaced one of the strut mounts and that did nothing. Now they're replacing the strut itself so I'll keep you posted. I mentioned that people have claimed that replacing one of the engine mounts has solved the issue (again, for some) but he said that his most senior tech is on it and he's confident that it is not engine mount related (at least on my car) so we'll see what happens. Again, at least they're trying to fix it.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #139
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Latest update:

Dealer has replaced the strut mount and the strut itself to no avail. They also tried updating the tranny with a software fix which also didn't work. Now they've ordered a CV joint so I guess we'll try that. At this point I'm willing to go in whatever direction they feel is best as they could just as easily say that "it's normal and there's nothing to fix."

To make matters worse, I went through the car wash after picking up the car and the wheel guide took a nice chunk off of my rim. I was beyond LIVID! I've only had the car for 2 weeks. AAARRRGH!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #140
Lipshurt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92314
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Lipshurt Good Standing Member
I think we should be looking elsewhere, not at the suspension or wheels. All of these people are not morons, that rally is unlikely. It is probably a sound that sounds like its coming from somewhere different from it's actual place of origin.

Did you try turning the two front hood adjusters down a couple of turns? Sounds counterintuitive I know, but so far it's made a difference in mine. When the front adjusters are too high, it makes the hinge area rattle on sharp bumps at slow speed.
Worth a try anyway right?

Bookmarks & Social Networks