The duratec long tube headers fit!!! (no check engine light) - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #21
BooBerry
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90175
What I Drive: 2012, Blue Candy, SE

FF Reputation: 2 BooBerry Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That is awesome. You have any vid of your exhaust setup?

Gamertag = FailSnail Ink
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #22
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwill9886 View Post

Interested to see what numbers you put down, and even more interested to see what numbers people get after adding a cat and what tuning can do for us.
I have been looking at doing headers and a high flow cat, there are 3 options for off the shelf exhaust systems

fswerks race: single muffler, so cat would have to go towards the back of the car, ideally the cat is as close to the engine as possible because the hotter the exhaust gases the better for the cat, i doubt this would pass inspection. Would have to cut pipe somewhere and weld cat in.

fswerks stealth: dual muffler, not much room for cat between mufflers unless cat was directly next to muffler which would probably impact performance. Or remove first muffler, replace with cat and weld extra length of pipe.

Borla: dual muffler, would have to replace first muffler with cat, and weld extra pipe, only 2.25 inch instead of 2.5"

none of the solutions are ideal and all would require welding
Old 04-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #23
Ox-y-GenIII
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90008
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 Ox-y-GenIII Good Standing Member
Hmm, I'll check out FSWerks headers on there site. I may experiment with a set if I can order one next week. You are crazy man. Always the guinea pig. I usually like to wait tip the kit is made for the car specifically but that fits really well. If you could take another video of your exhaust setup and what it sounds like with this header that would be awesome. I'll look up the hp gains on their site.

2012 Oxford White Focus Hatchback
Dyno #'s 164.35 HP 147.12 TQ
Old 04-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #24
FocusBoy58
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03

Fan#: 38424
What I Drive: 01 Turbo,12 SE,95 Vette 396

FF Reputation: 14 FocusBoy58 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
I have been looking at doing headers and a high flow cat, there are 3 options for off the shelf exhaust systems

fswerks race: single muffler, so cat would have to go towards the back of the car, ideally the cat is as close to the engine as possible because the hotter the exhaust gases the better for the cat, i doubt this would pass inspection. Would have to cut pipe somewhere and weld cat in.

fswerks stealth: dual muffler, not much room for cat between mufflers unless cat was directly next to muffler which would probably impact performance. Or remove first muffler, replace with cat and weld extra length of pipe.

Borla: dual muffler, would have to replace first muffler with cat, and weld extra pipe, only 2.25 inch instead of 2.5"

You forgot my option... 2.5" full exhaust header back :D
Old 04-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #25
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Nice FocusBoy! I never doubted you either and you've been helpful to me through PM. Keep us posted on any potential CELs as you put on more miles.
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob
Old 04-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #26
subframe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97889
What I Drive: 12 Yellow Blaze Titanium, 04 Cobra

FF Reputation: 1 subframe Good Standing Member
Good job FocusBoy....Looks like I my be in trouble now, going from hot roddin' my 04 Cobra to my 12 Titanium!!!!!.....$$$$$
Old 04-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #27
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusBoy58 View Post
You forgot my option... 2.5" full exhaust header back :D
Which is why i prefaced with off the shelf options, a full custom like yours could easily add a cat, you are just in a different league right now with the mods you have done
Old 04-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #28
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
So what does your butt dyno say? How much of a difference do you feel through out the rpm range?

Any chance of posting a video, curious to see how loud this is?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #29
Bwill9886
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93444
What I Drive: 2013 Rallye Red Civic Si

FF Reputation: 2 Bwill9886 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post

My thought was that you could move whatever muffler you have after the header back enough to put a cat in between the two.

Obviously this may not work for all mufflers, as most systems seem to have different sizes but it should work in most cases.

For those looking to do this mod in the near future, I'd suggest getting in good with an exhaust shop and having them make you a custom catback that's ready for an extra cat to be added. Could end up being cheaper than buying a full cat-back and having to modify it.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #30
Ox-y-GenIII
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90008
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 Ox-y-GenIII Good Standing Member
These headers on FSWerks site say an increase of 6-7th in lightly modified cars and bigger gains on built/forced induction cars as much as 25hp+

2012 Oxford White Focus Hatchback
Dyno #'s 164.35 HP 147.12 TQ

Bookmarks & Social Networks