Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 136 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #1351
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdawg View Post
Thanks! This isn't too bad of a drive (about 2 hours). What do you think a good price would be for this vehicle? Is around $25,700 too low?
Well you have a $750 + $750 rebate if you trade, so I think anything south of $25,300 plus tax only is a good deal.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #1352
baxdaddy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97890
What I Drive: bluecandy SEL 5dr Poppa Smurf

FF Reputation: 1 baxdaddy Good Standing Member
I don't really WANT a moonroof but it seems most SEL's in my area (72118) have them. I see if I want to order I need to do so soon as the last build date is 7/1. Should I just suck it up and get the moonroof? Seeking candy blue hatch, 16's and MFT. Thanks!
Old 04-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #1353
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxdaddy View Post
I don't really WANT a moonroof but it seems most SEL's in my area (72118) have them. I see if I want to order I need to do so soon as the last build date is 7/1. Should I just suck it up and get the moonroof? Seeking candy blue hatch, 16's and MFT. Thanks!
Are you open to traveling?

There is a base 301A north of Austin, TX. Also a 301 winter pkg 2 or 3 hours south of Chicago.

I don't even see any by you with roof.
Ira McCrea
Old 04-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #1354
trekpixel
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97904
What I Drive: 2002 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 trekpixel Good Standing Member
Q: How hard is it to get approved by Ford Motor Credit?
My background. Two years ago I stupidly co-signed an auto loan for a friend who stopped paying. I took possession of the car and had it voluntarily repo'd and I ended up paying $4k to make the collection go away. However that mark is still in my credit report and I have 656 credit score. It is the only bad mark on my credit history.. ever.

I would really like to get a financing for my own new car. I have a steady job and manage my money well, Just that one bad mark.

I qualify for X-plan, would I be approved for a loan for a Focus TI? if so, what would my apr be? What about leasing Is that easier to get if credit is shot?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:28 AM   #1355
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Quote:
No trade and I'll pay shipping, my wife is one of 'those' shoppers, haha.
Your not going be getting around Destination charges (No matter if you buy the Focus across the street from the Focus Factory)
Old 04-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #1356
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekpixel View Post
Q: How hard is it to get approved by Ford Motor Credit?
My background. Two years ago I stupidly co-signed an auto loan for a friend who stopped paying. I took possession of the car and had it voluntarily repo'd and I ended up paying $4k to make the collection go away. However that mark is still in my credit report and I have 656 credit score. It is the only bad mark on my credit history.. ever.

I would really like to get a financing for my own new car. I have a steady job and manage my money well, Just that one bad mark.

I qualify for X-plan, would I be approved for a loan for a Focus TI? if so, what would my apr be? What about leasing Is that easier to get if credit is shot?
You will have a shot at FMC financing if you are in good standing with them. If your friend financed through FMC and the vehicle was reported as unpaid you will never get another loan through that bank again.
If you are a 656 score you will have a good chance at getting a halfway decent rate with X-plan + rebates. I would suggest putting at least 15-25% down to help out. You will be at a higher interest rate but it's better than 21% interest.

You cannot lease if you have subpar credit, you need to be 690 or above typically but each case is different. There is no 100% surefire way of being approved unless you're an 815+ with no debt.
Ira McCrea
Old 04-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #1357
VelociRacer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97968
What I Drive: 12 BlueC SE Sport 5DR+5SP+201A+Wntr

FF Reputation: 1 VelociRacer Good Standing Member
imccrea, can you please check and see where I can find within 100 miles of Detroit:

2012 SE Hatch 5SPD Manual + 201A + Sport + Winter.

I understand it's hard to find the 5spd. Do you see the available colors in this area?
Old 04-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #1358
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelociRacer View Post
imccrea, can you please check and see where I can find within 100 miles of Detroit:

2012 SE Hatch 5SPD Manual + 201A + Sport + Winter.

I understand it's hard to find the 5spd. Do you see the available colors in this area?
you're going to have to order one or travel to PA or TN to find one. there are blue candy, oxford white, sonic blue in that region but none at all in MI.
Ira McCrea
Old 04-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #1359
VelociRacer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97968
What I Drive: 12 BlueC SE Sport 5DR+5SP+201A+Wntr

FF Reputation: 1 VelociRacer Good Standing Member
Not what I was hoping for but the quick response is much appreciated!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #1360
mickeysmstr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95364
What I Drive: 2006 Mustang GT Conv

FF Reputation: 1 mickeysmstr Good Standing Member
ordering process

I ordered a '13 Taurus SHO on Mar 23 and the order number on the confirmation is "0000" with a priority of 19. Now that 1 month has gone by, I phoned them to see what the status of the order is and they tell me that it will not be in the dealership until late June. I asked if they had a VIN yet and he did not, so I then asked how he would know about the ultimate delivery when it had not even been sequenced yet? The sales guy said he was just getting his info from his manager. Do you think they held off ordering for some reason, and is it a coincidence that the order number is all zeros?

It is a large volume dealer, so I wouldn't think quotas for the SHO would have a negative effect.
Comments welcome. Thanks for your service.

Bookmarks & Social Networks