Let's get high.... - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #41
NemesisEnforcer
Force-Powered Focus

Fan#: 48598
What I Drive: LIQUID GRAY 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 352 NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing MemberNemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing MemberNemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing MemberNemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
Thats quite possible^^^^, being you have a 20 w/ vvt. Some of the +'08+ Foci's that I work on, I usally have a 35mpg average. Like the op states he has a 23 w/o vvt. Its pretty tuff to get over 33-34 mpg.
Agreed...the 2.0 is much different and vvt really adds to that.
GIVE DUE REP!! ST Crew #78 /Duratec Crew #91
Go Pats!! Go Green!! Go Sox!! Go B's!
Seeker of Wisdom, LG Crew #1
Resident Sith Lord & Jedi Master, MMA
Thx to those in the military.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #42
Gettysburg150
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97408
What I Drive: 08 Silverfrost Metallic SE, 5 speed

FF Reputation: 2 Gettysburg150 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
08 Foci don't have vvt.....Pretty sure no 08-11 do, but I may be mistaken...
Old 04-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #43
dizzywit
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97628
What I Drive: 2007 Black Ford Focus ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 dizzywit Good Standing Member
New member, first post.

Bought my 07 st (bone stock) two weeks ago now and have already been through 2 tanks. One trip up north(1 tank)almost all expressway at 65mph got to 30.7 mi/gal(10ish gal and 310ish mi). The rest was my daily drive, 45 min, half the time expressway, half the time city. With the dreadful first time shifting skills and a couple stalls on the first day, i averaged about 28 mi/gal.

All in all, i'm thinkin' anything is possible, Go for 40. But that big ass SAP spoiler can't be helping.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #44
ElectricAL
Focus Addict

Fan#: 71376
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST

FF Reputation: 2 ElectricAL Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettysburg150 View Post
08 Foci don't have vvt.....Pretty sure no 08-11 do, but I may be mistaken...
That is correct. VVT (or Ti-VCT as Ford calls it) is not present on any Focus until the 2012 other than the SVT Focus which has VVT on the exhaust cam. But that's a different motor entirely (Not a Duratec).

It's mostly a matter of displacement, then. The 2.0 Duratec is pretty much always going to get better mileage than the 2.3 Duratec. It'll be a stretch to get a 2.3 to 40mpg.

With my ST, I just turned some miles and wanted to report back. The first tank had ~75 or so city miles before I took a trip on the interstate and held about 70mph. So that tank would be called "mixed" driving. I got a little better than 28 mpg.

Coming back, pretty much all interstate, all between 65-70mph I got a little better than 32 mpg.

My next tank will probably be back to my usual, all city and I'm guessing I'll get ~23 mpg. Maybe a little better, maybe a little worse. My car is stock other than OEM size Michelin tires (nothing special for mileage, I assure you) and the Steeda SRI.

Bookmarks & Social Networks